Closed Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 283
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

  1. #201
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think Ben 'thought' he wanted to find love in the beginning. One of his first dates was with Kacie B and that was the first and last time I've seen him really relaxed and actually having anything resembling a conversation. Then Courtney sunk her claws in and it dawned on him that he could get lots of "action" from being the Bachelor and he chose that route.

    Which is disappointing because I think this season has one of the best group of girls, as a whole, we've ever seen on this show. There have only been 3 or 4 that I really didn't like. The rest of them seem pretty decent. And several of them seem to really like Ben in the beginning. I wonder how different this season would be if Courtney hadn't been cast?
    I think the same thing. I thought KacieB and he were great together. I did like Ben in the beginning, but ever since the naked swimming incident in PR with Courtney, Ben has been a different guy. I really think at that point he gave up with the other girls. It's to bad because he did have some great girls there. I just want to add I am not a prude regarding the naked swimming. I think in the right place and right time it would be fine, but not then and there. I felt Ben made his decision right then and there. It continued on when they went to Panama. He thought that when Courtney joined the natives in the way they dressed it was perfectly fine. Even Ben joined in with the native dress. I am not saying it was wrong of either one if they felt comfortable doing that, although I never would have, but remember Ben on Ashley's season? I could never see that Ben being comfortable doing that. It is almost like Courtney put some sort of spell on Ben and the other girls never had a chance from that point on. That is why she is still there. IMO

  2. #202
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,910

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I think the same thing. I thought KacieB and he were great together. I did like Ben in the beginning, but ever since the naked swimming incident in PR with Courtney, Ben has been a different guy. I really think at that point he gave up with the other girls. It's to bad because he did have some great girls there. I just want to add I am not a prude regarding the naked swimming. I think in the right place and right time it would be fine, but not then and there. I felt Ben made his decision right then and there. It continued on when they went to Panama. He thought that when Courtney joined the natives in the way they dressed it was perfectly fine. Even Ben joined in with the native dress. I am not saying it was wrong of either one if they felt comfortable doing that, although I never would have, but remember Ben on Ashley's season? I could never see that Ben being comfortable doing that. It is almost like Courtney put some sort of spell on Ben and the other girls never had a chance from that point on. That is why she is still there. IMO
    Don't you remember the scene with Ben and Ashley on the boat where they were rubbing oil on each other in a very provocative way? At least, I think that's how it happened. I do know they had a scene where I thought it made Ashley look rather trashy.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Ben is not boring though his edit is. Go to youtube, "Ben Flajnik airport video" and see his quirky side. He is on his way from LAX to Puerto Rico. It must have been taken by his handler. Pretty cute.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  4. #204
    FORT Fan princessKIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Montreal,Canada
    Age
    44
    Posts
    233

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Ben lost me when he threatened Emily to "tread lightly"when she was just looking out for him.
    dzigner, kateb, mesachick and 3 others like this.

  5. #205
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,667

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Just because he seems to have a quirky side in a eye blinkling long video, doesn't mean he isn't the complete bore he being portrayed on the show. It's funny how this video clip keeps coming up as a testament to his personality. Says a lot for him

  6. #206
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,667

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM View Post
    Ben lost me when he threatened Emily to "tread lightly"when she was just looking out for him.
    I didn't care for him before that, but after that statement - I knew there was no sense in looking for a good side....
    dzigner, mesachick, Midol and 1 others like this.

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I didn't care for him before that, but after that statement - I knew there was no sense in looking for a good side....
    She even said in that interview that, looking back, she kind of wishes she had just walked away from him and left the show at that point because he was clearly threatening her. I wish she had. I'm in favor of anything that sends a positive message to young women watching this show that they should not take that kind of treatment from a man. Of course, there really is nothing on this show that sends a positive message to young women, so I am hoping for way too much!

  8. #208
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Well, I for one am excited that Survivor will be on soon! I definitely need something to cleanse my palate after watching this show!
    Oh. Saw the Survivor premiere.

    Sorry about that.
    mesachick, AZChristian and jucamer like this.

  9. #209
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,292

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Just because he seems to have a quirky side in a eye blinkling long video, doesn't mean he isn't the complete bore he being portrayed on the show. It's funny how this video clip keeps coming up as a testament to his personality. Says a lot for him
    The video that says the most about his true personality is the one made before the show ... Cream Dreams. If you haven't, check it out on YouTube.

    Jucamer I can't remember if it was you that first started the Alfalfa reference with regard to Ben, but I just saw a preview of Monday's hometown date with Courtney over on the People website and I swear the producers saw it too. There is a segment where she takes him to some spot where they do weddings and she is setting it up for them to write their own "vows"... no doubt at the producers suggestion. She pulls out a bow tie and does up his shirt to the top button and he puts it on and I couldn't stop laughing because I remembered Alfalfa. I can just see this as something producers would do as a way of entertaining themselves at his expense.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  10. #210
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,313

    Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

    Didn't Ashley have a fake wedding? two in a row?

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.