Closed Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think Ben 'thought' he wanted to find love in the beginning. One of his first dates was with Kacie B and that was the first and last time I've seen him really relaxed and actually having anything resembling a conversation. Then Courtney sunk her claws in and it dawned on him that he could get lots of "action" from being the Bachelor and he chose that route.

Which is disappointing because I think this season has one of the best group of girls, as a whole, we've ever seen on this show. There have only been 3 or 4 that I really didn't like. The rest of them seem pretty decent. And several of them seem to really like Ben in the beginning. I wonder how different this season would be if Courtney hadn't been cast?

I agree - I usually only end up liking one of the girls but this season there are a few that are pretty great. What a waste on Alfalfa
    JavaJo, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

All I can do is hope that it is all in the production and they are trying for the "most dramatic twist" in bachelor history. If this guy is really into Courtney then he is as dumb/hollow as Jake in my book.
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Actually he reminds me of Brad at this point in the season with his wooing. It was just before hometowns that Brad assured Emily on their one on one that she had a rose. While Ben didn't actually tell her she had a rose, (that we heard) he came very close. It "feels" the same.
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Since I don't have quite the hate on for Ben that many others do, I'm choosing to believe this: he doesn't have any strong romantic feelings for any of the women he has met during this particular session, but he does, for some reason, have a physical hankering for the one sociopath in the crowd. Picking her is a win for everyone in that he gets his rocks off, she gets some media exposure and won't give a rat's ass when they part company, and no one else will have to suffer the ignomy of a short failed relationship in the public eye.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Actually he reminds me of Brad at this point in the season with his wooing. It was just before hometowns that Brad assured Emily on their one on one that she had a rose. While Ben didn't actually tell her she had a rose, (that we heard) he came very close. It "feels" the same.
    I agree and wrote this last night. And just like Brad with Emily, I don't think she is into him at all. He has the same stunned look when he looks at Courtney as Brad did when he looked at Emily. Both are stunned by beauty, had the same reaction when their ladies got out of the limo and are headed for disaster. The only plus in favour with Ben is that he at least seems to be able to carry on a semblance of a conversation with Courtney...even if he doesn't truly listen.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

FORT Fogey

He is so "whipped" (there's another word before that, but not okay for polite conversation in this forum) by Courtney that whenever she whines how he's not paying enough attention to her, he looks panic-stricken and falls all over himself to appease her. I hope his friends back home point that out to him, including using the whole expression to which I was alluding. He is making a total ass of himself. This is one time I don't mind that Fleiss is showing how truly dumb the lead is.

However, it really annoys me that Fleiss decided to make Casey S. the villain of the contestants this season by pounding her about not being there for the right reasons and comparing her to Bentley, when the real "female Bentley" is Courtney, who is getting away with her lies, meanness and deceptions the whole season. I don't mind Ben being made a fool of because he deserves it, but I really dislike Chris H now for going along with the Casey ambush and delivering patronizing lectures to her, while letting this Courtney thing go on and on. Either they should screen contestants more carefully regarding recent relationships and psychological health, or don't take the moral high ground during filming when someone still has feelings for a past love, but let an outright liar and sociopath stay on the show!
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 02-14-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    He is so "whipped" (there's another word before that, but not okay for polite conversation in this forum) by Courtney that whenever she whines how he's not paying enough attention to her, he looks panic-stricken and falls all over himself to appease her. I hope his friends back home point that out to him, including using the whole expression to which I was alluding. He is making a total ass of himself. This is one time I don't mind that Fleiss is showing how truly dumb the lead is.

However, it really annoys me that Fleiss decided to make Casey S. the villain of the contestants this season by pounding her about not being there for the right reasons and comparing her to Bentley, when the real "female Bentley" is Courtney, who is getting away with her lies, meanness and deceptions the whole season. I don't mind Ben being made a fool of because he deserves it, but I really dislike Chris H now for going along with the Casey ambush and delivering patronizing lectures to her, while letting this Courtney thing go on and on. Either they should screen contestants more carefully regarding recent relationships and psychological health, or don't take the moral high ground during filming when someone still has feelings for a past love, but let an outright liar and sociopath stay on the show!
    They do screen for both psychological health, STD's and past relationships. There is a really intensive psych test they do on all the contestants so they know how to push their buttons to get the most crazy/drama/tears. In addition, they do a long interview with the in house psychiatrist that is always available. They also do a full background test on everyone. They know full well who just got divorced, out of a relationship, or if they are still in a relationship. I believe this is often why they are cast just so they have ready drama to add to the show if it is becoming boring. The more dull the season and the lead, the more stuff they have to throw in the hopes that it perks things up. And if none of that works, there is always the booze and editing!!!
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Since I don't have quite the hate on for Ben that many others do, I'm choosing to believe this: he doesn't have any strong romantic feelings for any of the women he has met during this particular session, but he does, for some reason, have a physical hankering for the one sociopath in the crowd. Picking her is a win for everyone in that he gets his rocks off, she gets some media exposure and won't give a rat's ass when they part company, and no one else will have to suffer the ignomy of a short failed relationship in the public eye.
    I think you might be on to something. No, no....I think you might be on to everything.
    sweetpea and KocktailKat like this.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Rattus, you pegged it.

I personally thought Ben was in it for the win on Ashley's season and when he didn't the ugly came out of him.........now he is getting repaid with Courtney........hmmmmm guess paybacks are tough. JMO
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Closed Thread