Closed Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

People has an article out in it about "How to Rescue The Bachelor. Their number one reason: Ben The fix: Can we recast midseason?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    People has an article out in it about "How to Rescue The Bachelor. Their number one reason: Ben The fix: Can we recast midseason?
    That's pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I agree with the posts about Ben and recycling. Just because somebody came in second doesn't mean they should automatically be chosen or even considered for the lead on the next season. Ben showed no spark that would have suggested he'd make a good lead for the Bachelor. If Ames didn't want to do it, they should have just started over with someone new. Ben is just not interesting at all, nor does he have any redeeming qualities in terms of personality, intelligence, accomplishments, or anything else! I wouldn't even regard him as average. He seems controlling and self-obsessed to me, with a frat boy mentality.

Ames!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine what a different season this would be with him in the lead?
    sweetpea, Midol and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Ames!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine what a different season this would be with him in the lead?
    Intelligent. Thoughtful. Quirky. Well spoken. Well travelled. Good looking.....? Yup. BIG IMPROVEMENT in my eyes at least.
    Ellen, mesachick, Coco46 and 4 others like this.

Actually, I think the reason for the casting of sloppy seconds for Bachelor/-ette is purely $$$$. The producers don't have to spring for more auditions, screenings, etc.
    Babbred likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Intelligent. Thoughtful. Quirky. Well spoken. Well travelled. Good looking.....? Yup. BIG IMPROVEMENT in my eyes at least.
    Imagine a whole season of Amesisms, intelligent insightful conversation, thoughtful decisions, and classy smart women. Next to Ames, Ben looks like a Neanderthal. How did a whole group of producers and executives who supposedly know what makes this show work choose such a complete dud for the lead?!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Imagine a whole season of Amesisms, intelligent insightful conversation, thoughtful decisions, and classy smart women. Next to Ames, Ben looks like a Neanderthal. How did a whole group of producers and executives who supposedly know what makes this show work choose such a complete dud for the lead?!
    Maybe they chose with their eyes and ears shut? Ames would have been WONDERFUL, <sigh>.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Agreed Ames is interesting, but this is the BEN thread. Please bring the conversation back to all Ben all the time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Point taken, Arielflies.

I have a friend who is a HUGE Bachelor/Bachelorette fan and he has been saying ever since Ashley's season that Ben is enormously Passive/Aggressive. I disagreed for a long time. However, after the last few weeks....treatment of Blakeley, Casey S, Jennifer......Passive/Aggressive is a definite possibility.
    Babbred likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

I think Ben just does not have enough personality to carry a show about him. He just does not seem to have any conversation skills at all.
    ilja likes this.

Closed Thread