Closed Thread
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

On "The View" today, Barbara Walters said she watched the show for the first time and doesn't understand why all those gorgeous women are competing for a man who is so, um .... "less than gorgeous." They showed some of the scene with Jamie, and I have to say that I did see Ben's resemblance to Alfalfa more than ever before. Why didn't they at least send him to get his hair styled before his season began?

I never pay attention to anything BW says, does she only look at outer beauty( how typical of her) if she has only seen him once, she doesn't know his humor not that she would *get* it
    If they showed Jamie, it should have been about her kissing manual
    luvlady345 and Monte71 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    On "The View" today, Barbara Walters said she watched the show for the first time and doesn't understand why all those gorgeous women are competing for a man who is so, um .... "less than gorgeous." They showed some of the scene with Jamie, and I have to say that I did see Ben's resemblance to Alfalfa more than ever before. Why didn't they at least send him to get his hair styled before his season began?
    Whoopi said it best. " the women are just as creepy " LOL how true

Have to say I agree with Barbara on this one! I don't know Ben, but from what they're showing, the inside doesn't look much better.

I agree. This just shows how much this show is no longer about finding love, and more about getting naked with models in the ocean. It's time to stop recycling through old contestants. Hopefully they'll find a real man for the next Bachelor. Ben has been quite the let down this season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree. This just shows how much this show is no longer about finding love, and more about getting naked with models in the ocean. It's time to stop recycling through old contestants. Hopefully they'll find a real man for the next Bachelor. Ben has been quite the let down this season.
    He was a let down before this season began. I wondered, why him?? He has done nothing to redeem himself in my eyes, in fact, it's hard to watch him with some of these girls. My TV doesn't stay on that channel for the entire show. I need breaks. A fresh face for both the bachelor and bachelorette is overdue. They can keep the "old ones" for Bachelor Pad.
    sweetpea, jucamer and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

I agree with the posts about Ben and recycling. Just because somebody came in second doesn't mean they should automatically be chosen or even considered for the lead on the next season. Ben showed no spark that would have suggested he'd make a good lead for the Bachelor. If Ames didn't want to do it, they should have just started over with someone new. Ben is just not interesting at all, nor does he have any redeeming qualities in terms of personality, intelligence, accomplishments, or anything else! I wouldn't even regard him as average. He seems controlling and self-obsessed to me, with a frat boy mentality.

I agree about controlling and self-obsessed. I felt that was why he was so angry at being let go by Ashley at the end of her season. I didn't buy that he had fallen madly in love with her, I think he was ticked that he didn't have the control and he couldn't understand how she could choose JP over him. I just sense a big ego on this guy.
    bamafan, jucamer and Midol like this.

It's interesting that in an interview, Chris H said he, too, doesn't like the recycling. He said that he would also prefer to bring in fresh faces, but that Fleiss always overrules him. Recycling brings the built-in drama factor since viewers recognize the person. Whatever. If you don't particularly like the person (such as Emily as TBette), then that's hardly drama.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I dont think he has big ego, if he did .I wouldnt watch him, not at all. If his ego was in the way, he and JP would not be friends, and they are. . I think he's a nice guy,and hearing Jamie's interview it sure seems that way .He is far better than Fake, who was abusive .Way better tan sad Brad. I will continue watching

love ya Ben
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-09-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Closed Thread