Closed Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I'm thinking that this has to be pretty rough for Ben - doing all of these interviews, etc. and having everyone thinking he's a total tool for being played by Courtney.

On the other hand, you asked for it, Ben. Here's your 15 minutes of fame.
    Ben owns a major business. I wonder if he was as cynical as Courtney and merely came here to drum up some publicity for himself. If so, then those two deserve each other.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ben owns a major business. I wonder if he was as cynical as Courtney and merely came here to drum up some publicity for himself. If so, then those two deserve each other.
    If that's so, then it looks like it backfired. I know that I actually looked up the name of his winery so that I could AVOID purchasing any of his wines. That's how much he's annoyed me.
    Ellen likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ben doesn't own a "major" business. He owns a winery in a region where there are around 300 wineries....and that's in Sonoma County alone. He's small time. You know, good for him for having his own business, but he's not big time by any means....and if he thought doing this show would bring him some good publicity, he's thicker than I thought.

I don't think Ben's any different from most bachelors we've seen. If they're a recycle from a bach'ette season, we love them until they turn into teenage boys and make out with every girl in sight and/or get snowed by a girl that no one likes. I remember how excited everyone was for Bob to be the Bach and that was a disaster.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ben doesn't own a "major" business. He owns a winery in a region where there are around 300 wineries....and that's in Sonoma County alone. He's small time. You know, good for him for having his own business, but he's not big time by any means....and if he thought doing this show would bring him some good publicity, he's thicker than I thought.
    Sorry. I don't like wine, so I don't know anything about it. Looks like Ben's not going to get out of the minor leagues anytime soon.

I don't think Ben's any different from most bachelors we've seen. If they're a recycle from a bach'ette season, we love them until they turn into teenage boys and make out with every girl in sight and/or get snowed by a girl that no one likes. I remember how excited everyone was for Bob to be the Bach and that was a disaster.
    That's probably the best quote about this show that I've ever read.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Ben, Ben, Ben. Why am I so wrapped up in your non-quest for romance?

I learned today on The Chew (the new food show on ABC daytime that replaced a soap) that he has roommates. That makes sense if you remember his opening montage when he is walking down the steps of a Victorian duplex on a nice street in San Francisco. Those are considered single family homes and are mucho expensive. It could be broken up into apts or condos, but probably not. One would need roommates, plural, in order to afford it. So, the question is...if he hooks up with anyone other than the model, who will always be absent on assignment, where will they live or stay since none of them are from the bay area?

That brings it to my theory that he really ends with no one - whether right off the bat or after the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Just watched last nights episode and now I can wholeheartedly say I do not like Ben at all. This is the first bachelor I really dislike. Not because of kissing all the girls. No Because of the way he treats some of the girls! Last week was it when he suddenly became very nasty towards one girl and sent her away.Fine by me to send girls away but the way he suddenly changed! I did think that was uncalled for and now with Emily. He showed his true colours. I was already disappointed hearing it was Ben cause I do not find him attractive at all. His hairdo is horrible. He has a nice face but the hair... spoils it. Like a curtain on his forehead.
    ButterflyFaery likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Ben kind of reminded me of someone and I finally figured out who... Arj Barker, who played Dave in Flight of the Conchords! Except Ben lacks all of the personality and the 'way with the ladies' that Dave has. And before anyone says, 'But Dave really didn't have a way with the ladies...', I'll just respond now: 'Exactly.'

I didn't know where to put this, but if anyone is looking for some good laughs, I recommend that you go check out Reid Rosenthal's blogs that he has been doing each week after the episodes air. They are always entertaining!!! There are a few other past contestants that are also doing blogs there, but I look forward to reading Reid's blog the most every week. He does not disappoint in this weeks blog either....he is so funny. Just go to "thebachelor.warnerbros" website, and you can find all of Reid's blogs for this entire season there.
    ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, Longhornfan. Love the Darth Courtney references, and also the way Reid defended Emily.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Thanks, Longhornfan. Love the Darth Courtney references, and also the way Reid defended Emily.
    You are welcome, AlwaysVeg. I also liked his references to the Exorcist movie as well....wondering if Courtney levitates when she sleeps.

Yes, it was nice to see Reid defend Emily.

Closed Thread