Closed Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33 View Post
    I agree veg_out as well. Ben is Ben. I know lots wouldn't like the way JP keeps his hair either. As long as the women that they are interested in like it that is the most important thing.
    I like JPs hair, my son has his hair like that.But, as you say Ben is Ben.I hate men who take more time in the bathroom than I do.LOL

Not sure if this link will pass, but it's a radio interview with Ben: Larry Olson’s Working Radio. Scroll down to the button for mp3 to listen. His interview begins at around 5:13 and lasts til around 13:12 or thereabouts.

Points of note:
    1. Ben remains relatively respectful still calling his ladies "women" though the radio host is insistent on calling them "chicks."
    2. He doesn't want this gig to translate into Hollywood. He goes so far as to say that those who aspire to break into Hollywood out of this scene are "delusional." Ouch to Ali!
    3. Interesting note about the women and their intentions: he says that it takes awhile but the cream rises to the top.
    4. When asked about dating 25 women, he says that it's hard enough to date just one.

Hmm, hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Not sure if this link will pass, but it's a radio interview with Ben: Larry Olsonís Working Radio. Scroll down to the button for mp3 to listen. His interview begins at around 5:13 and lasts til around 13:12 or thereabouts.

Points of note:
    1. Ben remains relatively respectful still calling his ladies "women" though the radio host is insistent on calling them "chicks."
    2. He doesn't want this gig to translate into Hollywood. He goes so far as to say that those who aspire to break into Hollywood out of this scene are "delusional." Ouch to Ali!
    3. Interesting note about the women and their intentions: he says that it takes awhile but the cream rises to the top.
    4. When asked about dating 25 women, he says that it's hard enough to date just one.

Hmm, hmm.
    Sounds nice
    Note to Ali? note to most of them imnsho
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 01-16-2012 at 09:48 AM.

FORT Fogey

I like long hair on men but don't like Ben's style. I think he is hiding a receeding hairline. The picture of him on one knee with Ashley shows this. The wind was blowing his hair back.

I did not find Ben compelling until I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel. I warmed to him a bit. He was relaxed and playing well off of Kimmel's poking.

He is out for a good time. I have no expecations. I do hope we have twist or different ending. We haven't seen someone refuse to get engaged but want to continue the relationship is awhile. Time for a change.

Well I thought this would be the dullest choice of Bachelor yet. I really wasn't even interested in watching Ben at all.

But I ended up watching Ep.1 on the alphabet site, and figured I may as well watch Ep.2, and darn it now I am hooked again. i'm still not a huge Ben fan, but he has surprised me once or twice with a level of chat that is above the average male conversation. And then, there are other times he hasn't surprised me at all, like making out with every girl who leans in for a kiss, regardless of whether it was part of a "moment" or she just decided she had nothing to say so why not kiss him.

It is frustrating that I can't stop watching the show even when I'm not interested in the guy. But it is what it is.

I'm confused why first they said Sonoma was Ben's home town, and then they said San Fran was his home town. Which is it?
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.

He lived in Sonoma until he entered high school then the family moved to Arizona. He currently lives and works in San Francisco and travels to the vineyard in Sonoma to work about four times a week. If I remember, while he and his sister live in the City, his mother lives in Sonoma. I guess you could say, they both qualify.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    He sure isn't that appealing to me, not to say he won't find love. I doubt it will be marriage though. There have been several hook ups through the Bachelor/ette/BPad shows. Some may eventually end up in marriages. Who knows? Trista/Ryan, Jason/Molly have made it to the altar thus far. Holly and Blake are planning a June wedding. Others who have formed serious relationships through the shows are Kypton/Tenley, Chris L./Peyton. There may be others.

Jason and Molly most likely felt obligated to get married...kind of like feelilng "obligated" to kiss someone after they give you a nice gift ;

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Big ears or messy hair, it doesn't matter to me. I'm so glad that not many people find him attractive--more for me

I actually adore his hair and his style. He's built like a soccer player, interacts brilliantly with kids (I even remember the orphanage date), and exudes a calmness even though he's a total goofball. Has anyone seen his Twitter for Scotch, his dog? It's hilarious.

The drama and antics really are over the top to compensate for his no-drama-rama attitude. So, yeah, I really do like Ben. There's a vulnerability in his face.
    ITA
    And hopefully he can now (or soon) chalk up his attraction to Herself as a learning experience, and will be a better person for it. There've been way too many people on this show that didn't seem like they had much (or any) capacity for maturing. Ben imho seems like he does.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'm thinking that this has to be pretty rough for Ben - doing all of these interviews, etc. and having everyone thinking he's a total tool for being played by Courtney.

On the other hand, you asked for it, Ben. Here's your 15 minutes of fame.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Ooohhh San Fran? Ben should've found Ali!

Closed Thread