+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 1/19 The Bachelor 18: Love Stories **West Coast Spoilers**

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 1/19 The Bachelor 18: Love Stories **West Coast Spoilers**

^ Reading the comments here. Didn't know the special was on. Never felt one way or the other about Trista. My 'picker' is not so great with these shows and I would have picked the other hunky guy whose name escaped me. Ryan seemed like a big cheeseball to me, although a very sweet cheeseball.

I may be mistaken but didn't Trista get a pretty large payout for being the 1st Bachelorette? Also, her super expensive wedding was paid for by ABC so she and Ryan walked into the marriage with zero debt. She's extended her 15 minutes of fame so I wouldn't think they are hurting for money, even if CO firefighters don't make a lot of $$$.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I don't think so. Trista was sickly sweet and saccharine even then, these two are just silly and goofy and yet can be serious when necessary. Trista always seems serious.

Sean and the lingerie??? Poor boy...what's the point. It will be off in seconds.
    Gettin' there is HALF the FUN, HON!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

He wants to melt her polar ice caps. OMG

And his crotch is sore...those producers sure are subtle. Shades of Ed and the fireworks.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She is so naturally gorgeous. Her hair is beautiful..
    Remember she can pee and go!
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    ^ Reading the comments here. Didn't know the special was on. Never felt one way or the other about Trista. My 'picker' is not so great with these shows and I would have picked the other hunky guy whose name escaped me. Ryan seemed like a big cheeseball to me, although a very sweet cheeseball.

I may be mistaken but didn't Trista get a pretty large payout for being the 1st Bachelorette? Also, her super expensive wedding was paid for by ABC so she and Ryan walked into the marriage with zero debt. She's extended her 15 minutes of fame so I wouldn't think they are hurting for money, even if CO firefighters don't make a lot of $$$.
    IIRC, you're right on all counts, Ecm.

Far as I know/can recall, she/they DID get a pretty sizeable chunk from ABC for her not only being the 1st Bachette, but for allowing ABC to televise their wedding, etc. And yep, ABC paid every last penny for every last aspect of that show, too. So, as hideously expensive as all that stuff was (actual diamond-encrusted shoes for the ceremony by Stuart Weitzman, anyone? But, OK, to be fair, the real diamonds in the shoes WERE removed afterwards and replaced with rhinestones, IIRC.), far as I know/can recall, Trista, Ryan OR their families didn't cough up a dime for ANY of that stuff.
    Ellen likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post

I thought she would pick Charlie, the F2 and yes, I too, thought Ryan was a huge cheeseball with that stupid poetry.

From what I recall, their wedding cost ABC $4M. Pretty sure they have gotten paid for appearances on the Bach/ette over the years, too. Maybe Trista bought herself some new boobs?

I am glad they have made it 10 years (can't believe it's been that long already!) and since she likes cheeseballs and he likes baby voices who love peenk, they are two peas in a pod, and good for them. I never thought Ryan was attractive anyway (he always looked unkempt to me) but I guess he doesn't age well? (I haven't watched this yet, it is on my dvr).
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Catherine is so giddy...Wink, Wink!!!

what on earth could they have rough times over?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    what on earth could they have rough times over?
    Who knows. I wish they would either say what was so hard or just shut up and not say anything. They are going to be on some kind of show where they receive marriage counselling or some such thing so they may be saving the big reveal for that. All I know is she got new boobs and a giant rock!

Ryan is extremely fit. He does Iron Mans, etc. So he's just super lean. I didn't think he looked bad, just older, like the rest of us. I never thought he was all that good looking to begin with either.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread