+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Sharleen - The Bachelor 18

Re: Sharleen - The Bachelor 18

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I thought the majority of them went on there for the adventure?
    Fake Emily didn't. She wanted to be on TV, and maybe prolong her fake romances

Jucamer - I agree, from what I've seen in the previews, she appears to fall under JP's spell at some point.

Sorry his spell? Sharleen might grow to like him, but under his spell - hmm I don't think so
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Every time I see or hear her name I think: "and Billy Bob loved Sharleen........and John Deer Green."
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I would agree with this. Most of these girls, unless they are nuts, know that the odds of being the F1 are slim, and the odds of it actually working out are even slimmer. But if they play their cards right, they might be able to take a nice holiday, maybe travel the world on someone else's dime, and gain a little "celebrity" while doing it. As long as you don't give the producers enough rope to hang you with, you should come out of this ok. I would venture that most of the girls don't care one way or the other for whoever the "lead" is, they are there to have fun, travel, hang out, make friends, and enjoy themselves. Sure, we see a lot of crying "why is this happening" women towards the end, but I see that as more a result of Stockholm syndrome, where you get sucked into the drama despite yourself.
    Good post. Although we may think that people who go on this show might be a little crazy, those are definitely some good benefits they get out of the show. Jillian has been most fortunate, since she got national TV shows doing what she is passionate about, designing homes for charity. Plus she raised a lot of money for the people of Slave Lake, AB when fires ripped through the town. This show gives bachelors/ettes a platform to do a lot of good, and many of them use their 'celebrity' for charitable causes.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Good post. Although we may think that people who go on this show might be a little crazy, those are definitely some good benefits they get out of the show. Jillian has been most fortunate, since she got national TV shows doing what she is passionate about, designing homes for charity. Plus she raised a lot of money for the people of Slave Lake, AB when fires ripped through the town. This show gives bachelors/ettes a platform to do a lot of good, and many of them use their 'celebrity' for charitable causes.
    Much has been said about who gained the most from being on the show. Ali and Melissa are the two who are always touted as having made the most out of it and got a marginal career in the business, but people always forget about Jillian. I actually think she did the best out of all of them. She had that gig on Extreme Home Makeover on ABC and hosted a season of Canada's Handyman Challenge and now seems to be doing very well on Love it or List it Vancouver...doing what she loves. She may not have found love but she got the best career out of it. Even if these gigs end, she has certainly made herself very well known and could continue running her own business with her name recognition. Sharleen is another Canadian girl with a very successful career. I don't know if being on this show is as beneficial to her career, but I would love to know what her motivation was for coming on. She just doesn't seem to be the kind who is looking for the travel and the adventure...I would think she gets enough of that in her regular life. Of all of the ladies this season...really any season...she intrigues me the most. Why is she here???
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Jillian certainly has done well for herself. I imagine that if you are a pleasant and fun person (not crazy) then doing this show could be a blast! Sure, you might have to pretend to be interested in a guy who is pretending to be interested in you, but really, how much time is spent with him over a 24 hour period, and how much time is spent with the other girls? If I were young and interesting (and looked good in a bikini) I'd certainly consider it.

I don't know why Sharleen is there either. She seems leagues above this guy, to be honest.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

What about the way she kissed Juan Pablo on the soccer field? Didn't you think that was a bit seductive? It looked like she was playing a part in a movie. My "like" meter immediately went from 8 to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    What about the way she kissed Juan Pablo on the soccer field? Didn't you think that was a bit seductive? It looked like she was playing a part in a movie. My "like" meter immediately went from 8 to 4.
    It looked like a show suggestion to me
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Truth be told, it looked kind of awkward to me...
    NEPASue, judkay and Midol like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

She is an opera singer, a field where it's not all that easy to get good roles. I would not blame her for choosing this show as a showcase for her talent. The name recognition alone could induce opera companies to at least audition her.
    bamafan likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    She is an opera singer, a field where it's not all that easy to get good roles. I would not blame her for choosing this show as a showcase for her talent. The name recognition alone could induce opera companies to at least audition her.

Well, in the preview, she is auditioning 0h sorry I mean singing for Jpab. I wish her luck, in her career that is
    NEPASue likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread