+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Sharleen - The Bachelor 18

Re: Sharleen - The Bachelor 18

I'm impressed with her as well. I also liked her reaction to the FIR. The girls who are either sobbing or gushing or swooning the first night seem ridiculous to me. Sharleen had what, a total of probably 10-15 minutes alone with the guy, and he was impressed enough to give her the rose over 26 others...I think she was pleased, just a bit reserved and restrained in her reaction.

A little restraint is a good thing on this show!
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Once again, I liked this woman.
    She's just not like the usual giddy, overly emotional, obsessive idiot this show seems to get.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

She's a modern-day Lilith
    ilja likes this.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    She's a modern-day Lilith
    Yes, she is.

I am not quite sure why she is there, even the times the camera catches her, she seems off in her own world. She is not as infatuated as all the others, I like that. She is different, but classy different. I hope she goes on a one on one, so we can tell what she is really like, if she doesn't start swooning soon, he wont give her a chance.
    dreamonia, NEPASue and mesachick like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, she is.

I am not quite sure why she is there, even the times the camera catches her, she seems off in her own world. She is not as infatuated as all the others, I like that. She is different, but classy different. I hope she goes on a one on one, so we can tell what she is really like, if she doesn't start swooning soon, he wont give her a chance.
    Do we want him to? Does she? I still can't figure her reasoning out. I don't get the "desperate for love" vibe at all.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I know it's all in the editing - but if the previews mean anything I think she does start to have feelings for JP - it will be interesting to see how this develops.....
    AZChristian, tbamom and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Do we want him to? Does she? I still can't figure her reasoning out. I don't get the "desperate for love" vibe at all.
    I think that's why I like her, why do you need to be desperate for love on the show? half of them go on so they can have their 25mins of fame, perhaps she is more normal than the others
    NEPASue and tbamom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think that's why I like her, why do you need to be desperate for love on the show? half of them go on so they can have their 25mins of fame, perhaps she is more normal than the others
    I agree. She's a breath of fresh air after the stink that Courtney left in her wake. Talk about desperate! The thing is, you go on this show for one of three reasons....

1) actually find love
    2) try to create some kind of *celebrity*
    3) to become the next lead

She needs to be open to one of three, or else why be on the show in the first place.

Jucamer - I agree, from what I've seen in the previews, she appears to fall under JP's spell at some point.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I thought the majority of them went on there for the adventure?
    NEPASue and Photobabe like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I thought the majority of them went on there for the adventure?
    I would agree with this. Most of these girls, unless they are nuts, know that the odds of being the F1 are slim, and the odds of it actually working out are even slimmer. But if they play their cards right, they might be able to take a nice holiday, maybe travel the world on someone else's dime, and gain a little "celebrity" while doing it. As long as you don't give the producers enough rope to hang you with, you should come out of this ok. I would venture that most of the girls don't care one way or the other for whoever the "lead" is, they are there to have fun, travel, hang out, make friends, and enjoy themselves. Sure, we see a lot of crying "why is this happening" women towards the end, but I see that as more a result of Stockholm syndrome, where you get sucked into the drama despite yourself.
    ilja and Photobabe like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

+ Reply to Thread