Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Juan Pablo's Blog

Re: Juan Pablo's Blog

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: It's Time to Dance – in Korea - Celebrity Blog, The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis : People.com

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: It's Time to Dance – in Korea

By Juan Pablo Galavis

01/28/2014 at 11:00 AM EST

Juan Pablo Galavis, former pro soccer player, single father and star of this season's The Bachelor, is blogging for PEOPLE.com each week about the ladies, the dates and the difficult decisions he faces. You can also follow Juan on Twitter @JuanPaGalavis.

So my weeks in the U.S. are finished, and it's time for me to take Mis Niņas on the first international trip: destination Seoul, South Korea.

I have always wanted to go to Asia because I love the food and learning about their culture. The day started at the airport and it took several hours on the plane until we finally landed in Seoul. It's a gorgeous city with lots of lights and neon signs all over the place.

My first date was a group date, and I took the girls to YG Entertainment, the house of the biggest K Pop stars for a dancing surprise. Dancing is very important to me because a girl who can dance is a big turn-on to me, and one who can't is a turn-off.

The girls got to the studio, and 2NE1 was waiting there for us. They were going to teach us choreography to one of their biggest songs. Nikki and Danielle were very nervous because of their dancing skills, but I was there to have a good time and see how the girls handled being in or out of their comfort zones.

The biggest surprise wasn't just practicing, it was when 2NE1 told Mis Niņas that we were going to be the backup dancers at a concert they were performing that night. The girls died – some from excitement (Cassandra and Kat), while some were simply scared (Danielle and Nikki).

The mall was packed, and our performance was pretty good. I loved how the girls let go with the flow and enjoyed the ride. The after-party was at a museum, and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It had an arch, and apparently every time you pass under it you will add to your longevity.

I went through it 25 times – hahaha.

Nikki Gets a Rose

I gave the rose to Nikki because I wanted to make her feel more confortable when it came to opening up to me.

On this trip I definitely wanted to have a one on one with Sharleen, because I knew she would appreciate Seoul's culture and that she is the one with mundo (worldliness). That's something I really like about Sharleen.

The first part of my date involved walking in the city and exploring the market. I was impressed with all the different food and things in that very hot location. We tried a bunch of things, and I had no idea what they were. The only one thing I kind of recognized was fried crab, and we had a piece of that. It wasn't as bad as it looked.

I was looking for a little Korean outfit for Camila, and once we found the right spot, we bought outfits for the three of us. Then we went to a teashop and I got the chance to really talk to her, but in the back of my head I was wondering, how am I going to get her to sing? Maybe dinner is the perfect time.

Camila Gets a Rose

I took her to a very special temple and brought her down to a square (like in all the karate movies I have seen) and I begged her to sing a little. When she opened her mouth and sang a couple of notes, I was so impressed by her powerful voice. The night ended fantastically and I gave her a rose.

My last date in Seoul was another group date. I took the girls to get c-r-a-z-y in Korea and wanted to enjoy doing common things in this city.

Karaoke was fantastic! That little room was so hot and all of us were sweating like we had played a soccer game. The photo booth was really fun – the girls were always good sports.

In the streets, we tried some food and stopped at this little place for some spicy octopus. It was really hard to convince Clare to try it, but in the end, she put it in her mouth. It lasted for five seconds before she took it out and didn't eat it.

Feet-Eating Fish

The most fun was Dr. Fish. We had a blast putting our feet in the water and having the fish eat the dead skin off of our feet. It tickled a lot. I almost wasn't able to handle it. Renee's feet were the tastiest, because all the fish wanted them. LOL.

The cocktail party at the Hilton Seoul was lovely. It was a nice setting and I had many places to talk to the girls that night. I gave the rose to Andi because I wanted her to be here. She is confident when she is in control, but in this case she doesn't have control, so I thought a little bit of reassurance would be good for her.

Next week, I keep traveling with the girls in Asia as we head to beautiful Vietnam. I have some major surprises in store for the girls, and I can't wait to show them.

Hope you enjoy reading, and let me know your thoughts on Twitter.

Besitos,
    Juan Pablo
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Two things stood out for me. The first is a section header and the second his pet name for his girls.

Camila Gets a Rose
    Oooops!

Mis Niņas
    Are they little girls or are they women. Perhaps Camilla is too much on his mind?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

My first date was a group date, and I took the girls to YG Entertainment, the house of the biggest K Pop stars for a dancing surprise. Dancing is very important to me because a girl who can dance is a big turn-on to me, and one who can't is a turn-off.
    Hmm, Nikki couldn't dance, guess that's not true.

Camila Gets a Rose
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought he was dictating to someone else. I do get the feeling that he is not that comfortable with English and wonder how he would sound if he were speaking in Spanish and a really good translator was translating for him.

This might sound weird but I would love to have those fish eat the dead skin off my feet. Of course, with all of my dead skin, I might not have any feet left.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing Bachelor rose bro as an American Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I thought he was dictating to someone else. I do get the feeling that he is not that comfortable with English and wonder how he would sound if he were speaking in Spanish and a really good translator was translating for him.

This might sound weird but I would love to have those fish eat the dead skin off my feet. Of course, with all of my dead skin, I might not have any feet left.
    I don't think he is very bright. He isn't nasty, just not very bright , I can see why Des didn't care if he left..If I didn't know he was straight, I would think he was a gay man. Watching him dance again, he was so into himself, he didnt have clue how the others did( hence Nikki face getting a rose) THE worse dancer. Did he have a fishy pedicure? I didn't watch that closely..

He bores me as much as the girls seem to bore him,most of the time..

Could he come up with another answer to. "what do you fear?" he has said Camilla three times, like he has no clue about the question
    -Andy Rooney-

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: I Made a Mistake with Clare in Vietnam - Celebrity Blog, Vietnam, The Bachelor, Chris Harrison, Juan Pablo Galavis : People.com

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: I Made a Mistake with Clare in Vietnam

By Juan Pablo Galavis

I have to admit, things are getting real on The Bachelor.

Vietnam, a wonderful country that I never thought I would visit.

I definitely wanted to take Renee on my first one-on-one date. Back in L.A., when I first saw her in the mansion, Renee was standing in the back of the living room. She wasn't trying to grab my attention, she was just being herself and I felt that she was exactly like me when I was on The Bachelorette. I knew she came to see if I was the man of her life.

Renee (along with Cassandra) is one of my special ones because she is a mom. I definitely didn't want to waste her time because she was away from her son, Ben. My first date in Vietnam was exploring the city of Hoi An and I thought it was the perfect chance to see if something was between us.

Our date was so great! You got to see us going on the bike, buying presents for Ben and Camila and getting a dress made for her and a jacket for me. We also ate delicious food, played bingo in the middle of a plaza and even jumped on a boat and jammed to some tunes with locals. In one word: fantastic.

Dinner was sooooooo hot that we had to take breaks and put wet towels on our necks to cool off. Unreal.

Renee is not only gorgeous, but she is a smart woman who wants a family. She's the kind of woman that any man would love to have by his side for the rest of his life.

I wanted to kiss Renee all night, but I held back because I was concerned about her son. I didn't know how he would feel seeing his mommy kissing a guy and maybe not coming home to be her boyfriend. These are the kind of things that worry me because I do care a lot about other people. Like I told Lauren S. in Korea, I didn't become "El Bachelor" to kiss everyone, I came to respect them all and not create false expectations for anyone.

Group Date

The next day I decided to take nine women on a group date, leaving Nikki for my last one-on-one date in Vietnam. We had five circular bamboo boats and there were nine women. I knew one of the women would end up riding with me, so I tried to be as fair as possible and ask them to each pick a partner. One woman, Clare, was left out and she got to ride with me.

I lasted one minute with my shirt on. It was so hot and I didn't want it soaking wet. Clare and I did pretty well. Sharleen definitely had the best technique but the funniest couple to see was Andi and Kat – they were horrible! Jajajaja.

The wind was blowing and it was hard to control the boat. While we were stuck, we saw a dead fish and I tried to grab it but it was so slippery. Clare was disgusted by the dead fish but she surprised me by saying she would get it – and she actually did. It was a great move, so I gave her some sneaky besitos (kisses). I like being sneaky.

Cultural Experience

My favorite part of the adventure was spending time with the family cutting herbs and eating lunch. Those are the things that I love doing. You get to know the people and you get to really experience a different culture. I will never forget it. The women were awesome as farmers and we ate very, very well.

After that, why not ride some water buffalos? Not only did we ride on top of them, but stood on top of them as well. I kind of felt bad for those animals, but it is a part of their culture.

Mistake with Clare

Later that night, the after party was great. I had really good conversations with all the women, but I could express myself even more with the women I had a stronger connection with.

After the party I was relaxing in my room, watching baseball when someone knocked on my door. It was Clare. She came to thank me for the great day and she wanted to jump in the ocean for the first time with me. She was so happy that I didn't want to reject her, but I definitely made a mistake.

The next day I felt guilty because Clare got more time with me than the other women. I regretted giving Clare the extra time. Also, I didn't think it was a good example for my daughter to watch daddy going into the ocean with a girl at night. I already had a great day with her and even taking her to my pool was something that I should not have done. Honestly, my mistake.

Nikki's One-on-One

The next day, I had my last date in Vietnam with Nikki. I decided to take her to Marble Mountain and explore. We walked up the mountain, saw many statues and different arches and temples on the way – it was so pretty. I wanted to kiss her – we barely did in Korea, so I wanted to have a special moment with her. Unfortunately, you never got to see it because I decided to sneak a great kiss behind a wall. Like I said, I like being sneaky.

Then we got to the top of mountain and I showed her Hell Cave below. That's when I told Nikki I had a surprise for her. I wanted to go explore this Hell Cave but I didn't wanted to go the easy way down, so I decided to rappel down into Hell. Nikki was so scared that I thought she was not going to do it, but I talked her into it. The cave was very, very creepy. There were dead people statutes all over the place.

For dinner we went to a less scary cave and got way more comfortable. My conversation with Nikki was fantastic! She is very honest and open about saying things that she likes and things that she does not. She told me about how she gets cranky and also about her true passion. I really loved that night.

Rose Ceremony

At the cocktail party, I really wanted to tell Clare how I felt about our crazy night. Chris Harrison asked me why I didn't wait couple of days to tell her my thoughts, and I told him I like to address things very quickly and to be straightforward. I wanted Clare to know me better and what exactly my thoughts were. I also told Clare that sometimes I make mistakes. I thought it was better to tell her with a rose in her hand than later when she did not have a rose.

The rose ceremony in Vietnam was the hardest so far. It was very difficult to say goodbye to Kelly and Alli, but especially to Danielle whom I admire and respect so much for what she is and what she does for a living. It broke my heart to say goodbye and that's why I choked up at the rose ceremony.

Next week we travel to beautiful New Zealand. And I get to make my brother so jealous because we get to go to Hobbiton! I cannot wait for you all to see that one! I had great memories from Vietnam but it's time for the next step in my adventure and to keep figuring out mi aventura ...

Write me on Twitter (@JuanPaGalavis) to let me know your thoughts about The Bachelor and my blog.

Gracias por leer! Thanks for reading!

Juan Pablo

He likes being sneaky- well then why is upset they snuck off to the ocean. He sneaks kisses from Clare( he says this on twitter) I don't think he knows which way is up. Whoever wants him, is pretty desperate imnsho.
    -Andy Rooney-

If he would stop being so sneaky, then he would stay out of trouble. Let's hope Camilla doesn't become as sneaky as he is.
    NEPASue likes this.
    You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

El Creepo!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Forget the rehashed ones. Get a new one!!!
    angelic_one2002 and NEPASue like this.

Closed Thread