+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Juan Pablo's Blog

Re: Juan Pablo's Blog

Thank you so much for posting this! It was interesting and I was glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought Sean and Catherine were a bit out of line as well. Something about those two totally rubs me the wrong way. Chris Harrison berating Juan Pablo was ridiculous. Yes, we all want to hear the "fairy tale" ending, but really? I am just glad this season is DONE.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Jillian is defending El Bachelore on her blog and to US Weekly.

Jillian Harris Disappointed in Chris Harrison

I get her point, but if JPabs had just said something along the lines of what he wrote in his blog, there would have been no need for Harrison to continue asking him for something/anything.

Jilly the champion of the underdog!
    Last edited by jenniferboston1; 03-15-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Jillian is defending El Bachelore on her blog and to US Weekly.

Jillian Harris Disappointed in Chris Harrison

I get her point, but if JPabs had just said something along the lines of what he wrote in his blog, there would have been no need for Harrison to continue asking him for something/anything.

Jilly the champion of the underdog!
    Jillian the one that chose the drunk Ed? yeah she has great judgement
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
    Mainly two things struck me as I was reading this: First of all, he seems to think that viewers were excited about seeing him as the next Bachelor because, although he didn't get much air time on Des' season, the viewers saw and appreciated his "honesty." Such BS! He got very little air time and said very little, but women were excited about his upcoming appearance because they thought he was "hot." He seems to think that his very brief time on The Bachelorette made a great impression with the viewers because they thought he had such amazing personality traits, especially his "honesty." Psssshhhhh, this guy is sooo completely full of himself!

My second thought is that he STILL doesn't get it! There have been several Bachelors/ettes who haven't "proposed" at the end of the show, and that has never been a problem. The problem was the way JPab treated the women on the show, especially Clare. Of course he isn't supposed to disclose his feelings to either the F1 or F2, but he most certainly wasn't supposed to downright lie to the poor woman! Telling Clare that he could see her pregnant with his babies was cruel and DIShonest. She was ready to walk away from him because of his vulgar comment to him in the helicopter, but he manipulated her to the point where she went from being cold and distant and ready to walk right back to being his little lap dog. ABC would have loved a proposal or even a declaration of love -- even a declaration of intention to date Nikki -- but instead JPab chose to be a complete jerk, bucking the process and trying to embarrass the ABC staff. (And by that I mean telling them that there would be a "big surprise" on the ATFR show, then pretending he had no idea what they were referring to.) Jejejejejeje right back atcha, JPab!
    Perhaps early on, but I recall Brad, ended first season as the most hated Bachelor, ever, until Jason came along and berated for making a mistake.

Clearly, Juan Pablo hadn't a clue of what he had gotten himself into and TPTB didn't bother to enlighten, other than telling Juan Pablo he could be himself.

Obviously, there are some that think JP should be punished. OK, whatever, but rather curious who, of Next/ABC that are also responsible for the train wreck, should be canned ---- fired?
    Need40winks and ilja like this.

Thanks for posting both of those links. It was interesting to hear from both Juan Pablo and Jillian.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Well that's a 5 minutes I can never get back. The video at the People site was nothing but the same ole same ole bash Juan Pablo. How brave to hate out loud on the man everybody else is hating. Wooooo! I'm impressed.
    Need40winks and Jaceegirl like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Here's what she says about JP

"Do I think Juan Pablo was a great Bachelor? No, not really," she began. "I think the role is more fit for guys who are in touch with their feelings...The Bachelor is usually someone who is sensitive, a good listener, a people pleaser & a hopeless romantic. The truth is, Juan wasn't really that guy," she admitted. "That does not make him a BAD guy...maybe just not fit for a show juggling 25 women."

Sounds like she had a pretty good read on him! She also chastises the Nikki haters by saying "we've all had had one of those boyfriends, including me, and I'm fine"

I think Jill makes some really valid points about the show pushing for an unrealistic l love you, about Sean and Catherine choosing to lead a public life and saying it's possible to lie low like Molly and Jason, and about how hating on people doesn't improve anything. I love Jillian.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 03-16-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Here's what she says about JP

"Do I think Juan Pablo was a great Bachelor? No, not really," she began. "I think the role is more fit for guys who are in touch with their feelings...The Bachelor is usually someone who is sensitive, a good listener, a people pleaser & a hopeless romantic. The truth is, Juan wasn't really that guy," she admitted. "That does not make him a BAD guy...maybe just not fit for a show juggling 25 women."

Sounds like she had a pretty good read on him! She also chastises the Nikki haters by saying "we've all had had one of those boyfriends, including me, and I'm fine"

I think Jill makes some really valid points about the show pushing for an unrealistic l love you, about Sean and Catherine choosing to lead a public life and saying it's possible to lie low like Molly and Jason, and about how hating on people doesn't improve anything. I love Jillian.
    You know, while I have always liked Jillian and she is my favourite Bette and I agree about much of what she said, I also disagree about a few other things. The whole SeanCat thing for one. I really think they meant that once you have been on this show, you have fans who are invested in you and your relationship....good or bad....and will make their views known. They will stop and ask you for photos or just take them without your knowledge. They will comment on your twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. People would do those things regardless of what they did. They took advantage of opportunities that being on the Bachelor/ette presented them...just like Jillian did. If she had not been on the Bachelor, I doubt she would have done a stint on Extreme Home Makeover or be currently co-hosting on Love it or List it Vancouver here in Canada. Same with Jason and Molly. While initially, after the whole Melissa mess played out, they became very low key and worked on their relationship, they went back for more during their televised wedding. They are now doing the podcast talking much about the show and what goes on behind the scenes. It has been very successful, so much so, that Molly just got a co-hosting role of her own on a Seattle morning radio show. None of which would have happened without the Bachelor. Don't necessarily agree with the JPab bashing, but he brought much of this on himself. Unfortunately, this is part and parcel of what comes from choosing to be in the public eye these days...people feel the need to bash/criticize anonymously from behind their computer. This, along with that horrid contract, is why I am always amazed that people actually....quite willingly...still sign up to do this show.
    ilja likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

+ Reply to Thread