+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Juan Pablo - season 18 *no spoilers*

Re: Juan Pablo - season 18 *no spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I just read through some of his tweets (until I couldn't take anymore)...not very impressive. You're right - the more I read about him, the less I like him.
    Exactly. I don't know if it is the language thing or he is trying to be funny or is he is just not too bright...either way it is not working....for me at least. The fact that he is clearly looking for an entertainment career despite all the pimping of looking for a mother for Camilla, just makes him even more unlikeable/fake in my eyes. As I wrote before, to me he is looking more and more like a cross of Jake and Emily...my personal two most disliked leads. My hope is that I will like some of his women...a few of them stand out as more serious professionals...the opera singer and the DA come to mind. On the other hand, there is the professional dog lover and the free spirit...of course I blame the producers for such stupidity!
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

You mentioned both fake and Jake in the same paragraph.

Completely OT to this season, but on opening night (1-6) Jake will be featured in a Food Network show - Rachel vs. Guy Celebrity Cookoff. IF you want to talk about that travesty - take it to the Food Network Thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You mentioned both fake and Jake in the same paragraph.

Completely OT to this season, but on opening night (1-6) Jake will be featured in a Food Network show - Rachel vs. Guy Celebrity Cookoff. IF you want to talk about that travesty - take it to the Food Network Thread.
    Yes the pilot just wants to settle down with a nice girl and have a family. What has he got to do with cooking???

To go with that, I have been trying to find the in depth media interview that JPab did before Christmas but I am having trouble since everything seems to link back to a site that I can't post here. This is the closest I've come but, it is much abbreviated. I'll continue checking but this is it so far.

'Bachelor' Juan Pablo: Expect 'lots of Latino' fun
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Finally. I am stubborn and finally found the interview JPab had with the media. Enjoy...or more likely not. He gives me a headache!

ABC Medianet
    waywyrd likes this.

There definitely will be a cultural and language difference with this Bachelor. Being fluent in both Spanish and English, I know many phrases do not translate well either way. I'm just going to look at this season as a comedic one and not wonder about the outcome. I agree that JP is not looking for a wife or a mother for Camilla. Exposure is the key here. Hopefully, this season won't be as hateful as Emily or Jake's.
    Kocky_Kamikaze, Midol and Babbred like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Okay, every time I read "JPab" I think of pabulum. Is that bad? Am I awful?
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

So.... what kind of business is Juan Pablo in currently? What does he do?

I need some snark!
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    He's retired.

Other than being a "former" soccer player, I've never seen a word about him doing anything.

I love watching this show. I love snarking at it, laughing at the lead, the contestants, the corny lines, the corny unrealistic situations. I love hating the villains & feeling sorry for the "nice" ones who ultimately get kicked to the curb. And sometimes laughing at the "nice" ones who get kicked to the curb if I just didn't care for them.
    And every so often, the show surprises me & a little bit of real romance peaks through.

As skeptical as I am, I still feel good when the Trista/Ryans, Sean/Catherines, Jason/Mollys find love & marriage on the show.

But I also have that feeling of trainwreck this season. Juan Pablo just doesn't seem like he'll be much of a lead. The guy is good looking, & seemed pleasant enough, but that's about it. He just doesn't capture my interest at all.
    I firmly believe that he was a desperation choice of the producers. Des's F5 were about as unappealing as any I've ever seen. She chose the only one that didn't totally put me off. In fact, nearly all the guys on her season were an all time low. Maybe it was the editing, but I don't think so. The producers knew this too. They knew how we felt about those guys. Going backwards in number, Juan Pablo was the only one who didn't totally put people off. That was because we just didn't see enough of his personality to have an opinion about him. Hardly a good reason to pick him.
    Since they announced him as "The Bachelor" I haven't seen a darned thing interesting about the guy. His interviews are boring or just plain odd.

I haven't bothered to find out any spoilers. Partly because I don't care all that much & partly because the show hasn't even started yet & we haven't seen the women or any personality from him.
    I'll give it a try on opening night & see if I want to continue, but my expectations are pretty low.
    Cornholio and jucamer like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    My understanding is that he...and his mom...do some kind of promotional work for events etc...more mom than him. Apparently, currently they are promoting him with the hope that he will become some kind of sports commentator.

Miss Scarlet I think you and I have a similar outlook about the show. Generally I enjoy the snark but I also enjoy those rare occasions when I can see a genuine relationship develop. Not holding out much hope for that this season.

Despite all of JPab's declarations of looking for a mom for his daughter, I think he is looking out for himself. None of his interviews show much depth...not that I expect much...but he can't even match those very low expectations. All he talks about is how much he loves his daughter, having fun, dancing, eating, watching sports and sleeping. Maybe it is the language thing, but he doesn't exactly sound like a go getter or into work much. Other than his daughter, the one other thing I have heard/read him talking about a lot is how much he loves to salsa so I fully expect that he will attempt to get on DWTS post show. Sean got on there because he really was a very popular Bachelor that had good ratings and that most felt to be genuine and likeable...and they liked his final pick. Based on the lack of interest I have seen here and elsewhere about JPab, I don't thing his numbers will be as good...more of a disappointment...like Des and her season. And we all know what the producers will edit accordingly. If his season is anyway near as bland and boring as hers...somehow, I don't think he will be well loved by the end. We win either way...successful match=happy romantics, lousy season=happy snarkers....Sharpen that tongue Fanny!!!

+ Reply to Thread