Closed Thread
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    As to the dresses, Lindsay's was dreadful. She's slim & has a great figure, but that dress sure didn't show that. It made her look like she had no bust & way too much thighs. It looked like it was stretched a size over what it should have been & the back was bunchy & stretched out of whack. I thought maybe she bought it before she went on the show & put on a bunch of weight. But we just saw her in a bikini & her weight was definitely not the issue. Just a bad bad choice of dresses.
    Catherine's, while similar had an entirely different effect. It fit like a glove & flattered all the right places.
    Lindsey's dress looked like a Project Runway assignment to construct a formal gown made entirely of aluminum foil held together with cellophane tape.
    mimi and moflan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Lindsey's dress looked like a Project Runway assignment to construct a formal gown made entirely of aluminum foil held together with cellophane tape.
    I don't believe the dresses belonged to either of them. Since they had the gold and silver theme going, I believe they were production picks or at the very least, they were given a few dresses from which to choose.
    mesachick and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't believe the dresses belonged to either of them. Since they had the gold and silver theme going, I believe they were production picks or at the very least, they were given a few dresses from which to choose.
    Lindsay's dress looked like it was from the Chris Harrison collection.

I did love Catherine's dress, she looked gorgeous
    mimi likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought I heard Lindsay say at ATFR that she took off the shoes because it was so uncomfortable trying to walk on that grave/dirt path.

I read somewhere, today, that there was a designer involved with the dresses. Poor Lindsay really did get the short end of that design.
    Midol and Pandora2 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yes she did say it was hard to walk, or uncomfortable to walk on that dirt path .Chris Harrison was all about the shoes.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes she did say it was hard to walk, or uncomfortable to walk on that dirt path .Chris Harrison was all about the shoes.
    Fanny Mare, where did you get that photo of Sean picking up Catherine in her gold dress that you have in your avatar? I didn't see that last night.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Awwww!!! I'm so glad he picked Catherine! I think she's got a good man there! And he's got a good woman too!
    alizarules, ilja, Midol and 2 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    Fanny Mare, where did you get that photo of Sean picking up Catherine in her gold dress that you have in your avatar? I didn't see that last night.
    I just googled Sean and Catherine and Voila! there are others..
    -Andy Rooney-

I could see the attraction between the two last evening and I hope they are one of the "Lucky Ones", that makes it the long term. But, regardless of what I witnessed last evening, i have major doubts!

Sean is not a cryer (his words) neither am I, so I understand. Yet, he was on the verge of tears during the last week of filming & most of the evening. Some would say it was his feelings for Catherine, I would disagree. I think he is totally drained physically and emotionally. I think he considered very carefully before he let the girls go. I also think he let some of the girls go he really cared about because he was afraid of rejection and they had failed to get their feelings across about how they felt about him. I also wonder about Catherine...if he had let her go instead of Des. Did he really fall in love with Catherine that deeply, that quickly? He knew she was a lot of fun to be with, but he was ready to send her home only a few weeks prior. Look how long he kept "the terrible one" around. Different women tried to talk to him about the situation, next thing you knew, they would be sent home the following ceremony. Again Sean's words, Ashlee was the one he seemed to be developing strong feelings for from the beginning, but he changed his mind on a dime.. As nice a guy as Sean seems to be, he is not a good judge of people and is easily persuaded! A producer's dream! (In my humble opinion)

For him not to be sure of his chosen one until his last date with Lindsey, is a little telling about his feelings for each of the girls. His mother gave him excellent advice, if he didn't know who he wanted to spend his life with, by this time, he should not choose either. I think the decision maker for Sean was when Catherine went to the house he was staying the night before. When ask how did he know he was in love, he responded, it was like God told me she was the right one for me. I realized at that point, how stressed out he truly was. His mother told him he should be all giddy and happy about the one he loved and so he is giddy and happy. I believe he believes he is in love, they have only shared the fantasy world the real world will be the challange. For some reason, not choosing anyone seemed not to be a choice for him.

I hope they take time together before they marry, to really get to know each other. If it is infacuation, as I believe, they are able to realize it together and can part without hurting each other to badly.

I stayed away from the bachelor for a few seasons, it had gotten to over the wall for me. But, I'm glad I decided to watch this show..I had hoped for a different ending but "it is what it is." I have enjoyed reading the different views about the show and look forward to seeing you all for "The Bachelorette."
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 03-13-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    Catherine
    Hometown: Seattle, WA

Who do you admire most in the world and why?
    Anyone who can look beyond themselves and unselfishly help others. Giving more than they may have. They are an example for us all.

Do you consider yourself a romantic and why?
    Absolutely. Love is the best and expressing it to someone is so special.

What are the top 3 things on your bucket list, and why?
    To eat traditional pasta in Italy, to go skiing in the Alps, and to ride an elephant in Thailand.

______________________________ ____________________________

Looking at the above writeup for Catherine again, I am wondering about a couple of things. If Catherine is a graphic designer does she fit into Sean's business in some way? I can't remember what IS his line of business. Also, how is it that the show managed to make her "bucket list" dream come true in Thailand? I thought the women didn't know in advance where the program locations were going to be.
    Sean worked as an insurance salesman and did some fitness modeling on the side while on the Bachelorette. Since then he and a couple of buddies have opened up a custom furniture design shop called Factory Girl. I think Cat would fit in well with that for promotional purposes...advertising, photo shoots, etc., even design.

The women don't know where they are going, but, sometimes their dream locals match where the show has already planned to go. They have to scout out locations for shooting and for all the cast and production to stay, way in advance. They usually get freebies from hotels and assistance from cities/countries in exchange for all the publicity it draws to wherever they go. I think depending on who the lead picks and their bucket list, they may try to get them to that date....like Emily also got the elephants which were on her bucket list.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Closed Thread