Closed Thread
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    I didn't know any of that about Catherine's father. Did they talk about that at the hometown date or beforehand? I guess I wasn't listening closely enough. But thanks for clearing that up. I think that Sean and Catherine don't have compatible backgrounds and that eventually that will come between them, but who am I to say? Hopefully, true love will prevail, but I admit I am very skeptical of Bachelor/Bachelorette relationships in general. The only one I was convinced about recently was Ashley and JP.
    Well JP and Ashley just got married- so hopefully that convinces some people .I hope they make it, but nothing is 100%

They also came from different religious backgrounds
    NEPASue and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Sean carried what looked to be a homemade scrapbook(let) when he left Catherine's room. She probably made a memory book for him, but they probably had to edit the giving out because of time.
    Thanks! I thought maybe Catherine had written out the proposal for Sean since she is a writer! I really think she knew. During the proposal, she only appeared less than confident once. That was when he said "I hate saying goodbye to you."
    She may have been bracing for the big BUT I have to do it again (say goodbye).
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    I didn't know any of that about Catherine's father. Did they talk about that at the hometown date or beforehand? I guess I wasn't listening closely enough. But thanks for clearing that up. I think that Sean and Catherine don't have compatible backgrounds and that eventually that will come between them, but who am I to say? Hopefully, true love will prevail, but I admit I am very skeptical of Bachelor/Bachelorette relationships in general. The only one I was convinced about recently was Ashley and JP.
    It was during one of the one on one dates that she told him about the suicide attempts. I think she even said that her dad tried to commit suicide in front of her and her sisters which was very traumatic for the girls.

At the time Sean expressed his admiration for her for being able to talk about something so difficult.

Thanks, I wondered what Catherine meant when she was referring to something difficult in her past. But I did miss that conversation about her Dad somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    But given that the "pay" for being Bachelor is very low and the checks he'll receive for the wedding and DWTS are both likely in six figures, how does he turn that down? Essentially, they're getting a nice house in return for a few more weeks of attention. I don't think it's inconsistent with wanting to keep a low profile.

Trista and Ryan felt very strongly that they wanted to keep a low profile. Ryan just wanted to be a fireman and they wanted to start a family together. But televising their wedding, I believe, gave them $1 million (I'm sure it's far less for Sean and Catherine because ratings have dropped a lot since then). A friend of mine is connected in some way to Ryan (I can't mention the details) and told me they simply couldn't turn it down because it gave them the opportunity to purchase a nice house in Vail, where they really wanted to live. It gave them the opportunity to set up their lives together away from the cameras.
    I thought the pay for being the lead in either the Bach or ette was pretty good. Not necessarily six figures but still not bad for just a few weeks.
    bachelorwatcher and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    But given that the "pay" for being Bachelor is very low and the checks he'll receive for the wedding and DWTS are both likely in six figures, how does he turn that down? Essentially, they're getting a nice house in return for a few more weeks of attention. I don't think it's inconsistent with wanting to keep a low profile.

Trista and Ryan felt very strongly that they wanted to keep a low profile. Ryan just wanted to be a fireman and they wanted to start a family together. But televising their wedding, I believe, gave them $1 million (I'm sure it's far less for Sean and Catherine because ratings have dropped a lot since then). A friend of mine is connected in some way to Ryan (I can't mention the details) and told me they simply couldn't turn it down because it gave them the opportunity to purchase a nice house in Vail, where they really wanted to live. It gave them the opportunity to set up their lives together away from the cameras.
    In for a penny, in for a pound, I'd say.

Frankly, since the two of them have gone this far, I can't see any problem with them being paid for going all the way and getting paid for having their wedding televised, etc.

Trista and Ryan sure did, and I think they were smart to do so. Also, even though occasionally you DO hear about them, their lives now are pretty much "normal". AFAIK, Ryan is the fireman he always wanted to be, Trista has had two kids --- and I remember her saying she wanted children --- and every now and then, I see/hear something about them.

Which, to me, would not be unexpected, given HOW their relationship began.

Frankly, if Sean's talking out of both sides of his mouth now, in agreeing to having a televised wedding that he gets paid for, MHO is "GO FOR IT!"
    NEPASue, AZChristian, ilja and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I don't know if this has already been mentioned earlier, but if Sean was being truthful about not having his mind made up for as long as he was saying ... I'd feel a little insecure if I was Catherine. I can't imagine walking down the aisle and committing the rest of my life to someone who was professing his love (albeit just to a TV audience) for another woman as early as 2 days before he had proposed to me. I'm sure much of what Sean said and did on the show was being orchestrated by the producers, but still .... his confusion and lack of clarity as to which woman he wanted as his wife must have been very insulting to Catherine. Sean was probably spending a lot of time reassuring Catherine and trying to convince her that he was told to say all that stuff before that show aired last night so she wouldn't realize the extent of his indecision, I am guessing.
    angelic_one2002 and Jaceegirl like this.

I still wonder if things would have been any different if Sean had taken Des to Thailand instead of AshLee. Or was this all preplanned by TPTB to insure an attractive person for the next Bachelorette? I could never understand Sean's choice of AshLee over Des for that adventure.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned earlier, but if Sean was being truthful about not having his mind made up for as long as he was saying ... I'd feel a little insecure if I was Catherine. I can't imagine walking down the aisle and committing the rest of my life to someone who was professing his love (albeit just to a TV audience) for another woman as early as 2 days before he had proposed to me. I'm sure much of what Sean said and did on the show was being orchestrated by the producers, but still .... his confusion and lack of clarity as to which woman he wanted as his wife must have been very insulting to Catherine. Sean was probably spending a lot of time reassuring Catherine and trying to convince her that he was told to say all that stuff before that show aired last night so she wouldn't realize the extent of his indecision, I am guessing.
    ITA. And he told Lindsey he loved her only minutes before proposing to Catherine. I was kind of surprised that didn't come up last night, but maybe Catherine is just that secure. That would be really difficult for me, I think.

Before last night I really thought that Sean had decided awhile ago and it was just editing that made him look torn, but last night it kind of looked like he was about to flip a coin. That's a little bizarre to me.
    sclilred1 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I think Catherine had a strategic plan going in both with the notes and staying away from the drama. She deftly set herself apart, and above which shows a lot of head mixed in with the heart.

I feel a little bit bad saying this .... but I think both Sean and Catherine made a business decision ... in advance of the FRC and proposal.

I hope I am wrong ... but I have this gut feeling. In any case, that would mean she wasn't insulted as she and he were both moving forward with their eyes on the prize(s).
    Last edited by echo226; 03-12-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    NEPASue likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread