Closed Thread
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't believe in a long "engagement", but I do believe that it is impossible to really know someone and all their idiosyncrasies in such a short time. You don't need to be engaged for a long time, but you do need to be in a relationship for about a year IMO. They've barely spent any time at all in the real world. I wouldn't place any bets on this one lasting.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I agree -- I don't think you need to be "engaged" at all in order to have a good marriage. In fact sometimes people get so caught up in the wedding that they lose track of the marriage itself. I think you can spend some time getting to know each other and then just show up at a courthouse one day and do as well.

My point is just that it is too soon to tell whether Sean & Catherine are really well suited for each other, or just still in the crazy infatuation stage. It often does work, long-term IRL, but how many couples have we seen on this show who got engaged after a couple of months on a TV show and sat on the couch together planning their future and it didn't work? They all start the same way.

I do see something in this couple that I didn't see in some others but I think some -- like Ali & Roberto -- had us all fooled, so I just think it's too soon to tell.
    I never saw Roberto and Ally lasting( I don't know why) I guess time will tell.

I just saw a photo of Catherine in her dress -that girl is stunning!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

In my experience, the only constant in successful marriages is the absolute committment of both parties.
    NCLurker, ness, NEPASue and 3 others like this.

I don't know about that - you can be absolutely committed to a relationship that is toxic as well. I think there are a lot of variables that make a marriage successful, not just one, and those variables differ for each couple.

I still don't see this relationship lasting. Just like many before who have claimed to have been already starting to plan a wedding, which never came to fruition.
    bachelorwatcher and Pandora2 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by dixielandbelle View Post
    In my experience, the only constant in successful marriages is the absolute committment of both parties.
    I agree
    ness and Photobabe like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm happy for them. Sean is building a nice little nest egg with The Bachelor and DWTS earnings. They should be able to find a nice house in Dallas when they finally settle in.

On GMA they said they took the relationship in a slow and natural progression (well, as slow and natural as the show would allow) so no "quick fire" that will burn out. Perhaps with their commitment to marriage and family, this may just work out. I wish them the best.
    ness, umngirl, AZChristian and 5 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Same here .Quite a few actually.

I was wondering, could his father marry them if they wanted? or does it have to be CH ? sorry- I can only take so much of CH. OTOH, It would be way too emotional if his father did it, I love Sean's family. Catherine is a lucky girl.
    I believe that Sean's dad Jay officiated at the wedding of a cousin last year so he could marry them. That would be even more of a tear jerker.
    AZChristian, Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

The earliest I could see a televised wedding would be late summer/early fall; after DWTS and The Bachelorette and The Bach Pad. That will give Catherine and the Wedding Planner plenty of time to get it all organized.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I believe that Sean's dad Jay officiated at the wedding of a cousin last year so he could marry them. That would be even more of a tear jerker.
    It really would. I haven't watched TV weddings, but as I was rooting for these two, unsure until I read on here it was Catherine- I will be thrilled to see them marry.
    alizarules likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't know about that - you can be absolutely committed to a relationship that is toxic as well. I think there are a lot of variables that make a marriage successful, not just one, and those variables differ for each couple.
    I don't know of a successful relationship that is toxic. That's why I used that qualifier. Because variables differ, not only for each couple, but also overtime within each relationship, it is the level of committment that determines if a relationship will last.

In my experience, many people bail when thigs get a little rough—they don't have a rock-solild committment. An absolute committment means that both will perservere through the tough times (obviously doesn't include abuse of any kind).
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-12-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    NCLurker, ness, NEPASue and 4 others like this.

Closed Thread