Closed Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Thread: 3/4 Bachelor 17: The Women Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 3/4 Bachelor 17: The Women Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

Having survived physical, emotional, and sexual abuse for the first 16 years of my life, I know how it can affect you for the rest of your life. But the way to work through it is to choose to become a victor, not a victim. Can I still feel the pain of those years if I focus on them? Absolutely. But I find it more productive to focus on the blessings of my life now, and to let go of the past. I WISH I'd been abandoned at 4 and adopted by loving people.

Maybe I should be more compassionate, but I really do see some traits in AshLee that are very selfish and bordering on the Fatal Attraction syndrome. "Editing" wasn't done to put that scary look on her face after she was eliminated, nor did it put words in her mouth during the WTA. She needs professional help. It sure helped me!
    ness, Shoepie, Need40winks and 7 others like this.

Sean's handling this whole AshLee thing a million times better than I would.

How was it seeing all these women for the first time in a long time for the Women Tell All special?

Sean Lowe: It was really good for the most part. I’ve been excited all week because I have nothing but fond memories about everyone. This was such a great experience for me and each one of these women helped make it a good experience and on top of that I was excited to see people like AshLee and Des and Leslie, girls I’ve developed strong feelings for. And I didn’t see the AshLee accusation coming of course which made things difficult but it was still great to see everyone.

OK!: So what was that? A Mars Venus thing?

SL: It must have been. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I certainly didn’t say I don’t have feelings for the other two women because that’s just not true. And not only that, it doesn’t make sense because I had feelings for Leslie, I had feelings for Des, I had feelings for a lot of women. AshLee’s a sweet girl, I’m sure that I probably said something that maybe she took the wrong way but I’m sorry that she’s harboring those feelings.
    Bachelor Sean Lowe Interview - Women Tell All Special | OK! Magazine
    Midol likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Having survived physical, emotional, and sexual abuse for the first 16 years of my life, I know how it can affect you for the rest of your life. But the way to work through it is to choose to become a victor, not a victim. Can I still feel the pain of those years if I focus on them? Absolutely. But I find it more productive to focus on the blessings of my life now, and to let go of the past. I WISH I'd been abandoned at 4 and adopted by loving people.

Maybe I should be more compassionate, but I really do see some traits in AshLee that are very selfish and bordering on the Fatal Attraction syndrome. "Editing" wasn't done to put that scary look on her face after she was eliminated, nor did it put words in her mouth during the WTA. She needs professional help. It sure helped me!
    I am so sorry for the situation you were forced to endure, but happy, you have found help and seem to be doing well. You are not a victim, you are one of the lucky ones. You found a way to cope, accept and move on. So many do not. Best of luck to you, I hope things continue to go well.

I do believe Ashley has received counseling. I say this, only because of the profession of her parents and the number of children they fostered. During the earlier part of the show, when she was talking to the other girls and also talking to Sean, she appeared to be very caring and understanding and became one of my favorites. (Which was probally a curse to her, because I always seem to be cheering for the one that turns out to be f3, except the first show I watched & Tess was choosen.) It wasn't until Ashlee mentioned her early childhood problems and fears that things started getting weird and she started bringing it up all the time.

It reminded me a lot of Emily, I got so tired of hearing about her ex- & seeing her cry. The person we watched as bachelorette was a totally different person and probally closer to the real one, as for as, being ready to move on. Emily, the grieving mom, was created by the producer, MF.

I believe, this probally was suppose to turn out the same way as Emilie's show. Not being f1, but the sympathy part that was played on over & over. I felt the same many times, as many of you. But, I also kept in mind, this was a game MF always seems to play each season. I remembered the sweet, caring person we saw during the early part of the show and knew this poised, confident person was not truly the needy person she was being protrayed. The difference between Emily's situation and Ashlee's had to do with the age when things happened. Emily was not a single mother who had to struggle to keep her baby. Things for her improved...she grieved then moved on. The depth of what happened to Ashlee was much deeper. I think she did go on the show half way in love with the image she formed of Sean and those feelings grew. When he rejected her, I think it put her in a backward tail spin. In her mind, she trusted Sean with all she had to give and he rejected her.

I think she tried at the wta, but when Sean answered as to why he let her go...she crashed. In time, I think she will be able to trust again and be happy. But, she was not ready for this show & all that went with it.

I haven't walked in either your or Ashlee's shoes, but I have known many people who have. It's a lifetime of taking one step at a time, one day at a time. This experience, took Ashlee a step back, hopefully, it will turn out to be a small step.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Bingo! Of course she wanted to toss him a jab. She was devastated and angry. Sean did lead them all on, too much. Really he did.
    Of course he did! He is so concerned about his image, he doesn't want to admit it though. He seems like a nice young man, but not perfect!

I hope he is able to walk away from LA when the time comes and not get caught up in all the hoop laa that can become a part of all this.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-07-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    Of course he did! He is so concerned about his image, he doesn't want to admit it though. He seems like a nice young man, but not perfect!

I hope he is able to walk away from LA when the time comes and not get caught up in all the hoop laa that can become a part of all this.
    No one is perfect and I don't recall Sean ever saying he was. The only person ever on this show who called himself perfect was Jake ... Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    If she hasn't gotten over being abandoned in almost 30 years (in spite of a loving adoptive family), I can see where she wouldn't have gotten over being eliminated in 3 months. That's why she journals - so she won't forget who she needs to blame for all of her problems.
    I don't know if AshLee has a journal in her day to day life, but when the cast goes on the show they are given journals to use as they wish. Some use it ... I know Ali said she did and obviously AshLee did. Since they don't have any contact with the outside world, this is something production gives them to occupy their time.

I don't know what the casting process is or how in depth they go. Contestants can easily choose what to say in an interview to make them more desirable. This is just a reality show and producers or casting agents cannot be held responsible for fragile psyches. It is impossible to know. Casting is not a business that probes deeply into the psychology of each contestant. Ashlee has some residual issues from her past but we all do.

If you explore the history of some famous people who have contributed to our society or just had mad success, some have horrific or fascinating stories.

Abandonment issues are low on the list of red flags. Killing and skinning neighborhood cats would be tricky. But would they tell casting? Nope.
    Actually the casting process is very in depth. Amongst other things, they have a very long questionnaire they must answer...from what I remember it is about 800 questions and I believe it is regularly used by mental health professionals. They also have a psychologist on staff and that person is involved with casting and on call during filming. Unfortunately, they sometimes specifically cast volnerable people because they can be more easily manipulated for drama purposes...They learn which buttons to push to get the reaction they want. Want some tears...talk about someones recently passed away grandmother, etc. Of course, there are always those cast who are more than willing to give producers what they want for more screen time, but, sadly, they do use peoples weaknesses against them...and if that doesn't work, you can always edit, edit, edit!!!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-07-2013 at 02:52 AM.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    No one is perfect and I don't recall Sean ever saying he was. The only person ever on this show who called himself perfect was Jake ... Need I say more?
    Correct! Jake the Fake suited him .I think Sean is handling this all very well - that alone ticks some people off .WTG Sean!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand this statement. She was driving him nuts and out of frustration he said he doesn't have feelings for any of the other girls? If anything, given what we have seen of Sean (like the way he reacted with Kacie), I would expect this scenario to lead to the exact OPPOSITE result from him - with him basically saying "we have something good and you are killing it"!

Agree with you on the first; no way on the second. If she is the bette, Fleiss will make darn sure that ratings piece of gold that is her brother is front and center at the end!!
    Thunk on the head to myself. Of course he will!!

I agree with your other statement, as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She is the female version of Sean .I don't care if she is on or not. I know you do, if she is the 'ette, enjoy

I think Lesley would have been more fun.
    You very well might be right about her being like Sean, no edges. Emily had edges; I liked that.
    ilja likes this.

You very well might be right about her being like Sean, no edges. Emily had edges; I liked that.
    Hmm, I don't think Emily had edges, she was pablum to me.. But we each like who we like. I think Des as bachelorette would be more entertaining, she's not afraid of just about everything like EM.

Oh well, time will tell

Looking forward to next week
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    ... Of course, there are always those cast who are more than willing to give producers what they want for more screen time, ...
    Perhaps Ashley was/is auditioning for Bachelor Pad. It's almost time to set up a few stereo-typicals.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

3/4 Bachelor 17: The Women Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Obviously, I have no idea what was said in the FS. I do know what he said when he let her go. He looked at her with pleading eyes and said "I thought you were going to be the one." He said it as if he was trying to explain something he had said or done. Why would he have said that to her if he didn't know that he had said or done something that led her to believe she was the one?
    Quite simple: the fact that Sean kept Ashlee around until the final three indicates that at some point he strongly thought he was the one. No need to dig for any other justification as to why he'd look at her with pleading eyes and confess it to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Need40winks and Midol like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Closed Thread