Closed Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: 2/25 Bachelor 17: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: 2/25 Bachelor 17: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

That was an odd episode. Looked like Catherine was a goner just from the editing (clouds and thunderstorms eclipsing a bright sky). But he's preached the whole family thing from day one, and she doesn't have a family that would welcome him. So they must have much more than we're shown or she would have gone long ago.

He's not a math nerd, by the way. 13x13? No. He'll just have to accept, if he chose her, that she's the one with the math skills.

Lindsay is the safe choice, it seems. The one with the perfect family for him, the one who would work hard to be perfect for him. Is that enough? She seems to be willing him to choose her.

It's an odd season. Really good casting, more realistic story lines than usual. I suppose we'll all be disappointed for the 17th time (does Molly count, being second choice?) at some point down the road. But they've done a much better job than usual telling the story.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

It does seem that Sean is the show runner this season. By that I mean, production is letting him lead the action as far as his interaction with the women. Perhaps they've seen the light and realize they really can't push these guys into uncomfortable situations and expect any kind of truly positive result. At least I hope for a positive result for Sean and his choice.

I'm sure they've given the lead his/her head on all the seasons, yet this time they seem to be more open about the process. I hope this bodes well for the future of the franchise.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think it's time for them to just start making up words to describe the seasons/rose ceremonies/WTA/ATFR shows. I don't get how they can even pretend this was "THE MOST DRAMATIC SEASON EVER!!"

Just start piling letters together at random; it would be as accurate.

"THE MOST EXISTENSUBLATERALIVE SEASON EVER!!' "THE MOST AWESTRONOMICALIST ROSE CEREMONY EVER!!!"
    fireflyer and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

What really got ME about AshLee was when she went so far as to describe to Sean what kind of ring she wanted to get from him.

Oh boy.

IIRC, while she was describing her ring, Sean's face was deadly quiet and still. He was looking directly at her, nodding and saying "Um-hmmm." occasionally about what she was describing to him about her perfect ring.

But (to me, at least) there was also a deadly coldness and stillness almost about him while she was running off at the mouth about her perfect engagement bauble.

Personally, I just think that if she'd been focused on HIM --- INSTEAD of what she THOUGHT he was and/or how he felt about her --- she might've picked up on that deadly stillness he was displaying when she was basically giving him her order for what ring she wanted to have, and shut her trap. Or at LEAST tried to play the ring talk off as a joke, or something.

Well, she found out the hard way that this is The Bachelor --- NOT Burger King! --- and she wasn't gonna GET it HER way.

And yep, it's very obvious that she's still got a lot of heavy-duty baggage she's carrying around with her from other relationships, etc. So THAT, basically, threw a monkey wrench in her Sean machinery for her, too.

AshLee really needs to get her head straightened out and cleared out (a process that could possibly take years, I think) before she EVER again tries to dip her toe in the waters of a serious relationship.

I mean, the way she is now, and the way she's going now, I believe her chances of ever finding a serious, for-keeps relationship are slim, and none.

Emphasis on NONE.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 02-26-2013 at 03:09 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I missed much of the season so I don't know all AshLee's history, but I like the fact that she was close-mouthed on departure. I suspect that the hugely-long stare (during her dumping) was an editing trick, not a reality. And I admire her for saying very little during her departure. And if it's true that it was daylight when Sean ushered her into the limo, and night-time when she was still in the limo, then I commend her for holding in her emotions for a couple hours against very tricky production staff.

What can I say? She already has trust issues from some real dopes that she didn't get to choose (her parents). Then she makes some weird choices in life, most likely because of her history. Then she gets burned again from putting too much trust in a guy. All things considered, she handled it well and gave the producers very little to work with. They had to show the same "blinking" clip over and over to make it appear that she was mental.

I'm not really clear why anyone would participate in this show anymore.
    I have to say that this is the only episode I have watched because I just needed a break from watching this show for so long now only to have the majority not make it. The reason I tuned in tonight was Thailand. My husband's cousin and his wife moved there and they have been wanting us to visit for such a long time, and not sure if we will ever get there, but wanted to really get a look at it and it certainly did not disappoint me for that reason alone. Makes me really want to go. They moved there because your money goes a lot further over there and they actually have two homes. One that they grow acres of fruit trees of all kinds and then another one right on the ocean. They have people who work for them at what they call the farm where the fruit trees are grown as well as a full time cook/housekeeper, and recently moved his mother over there and have a live in nurse for her. We have seen the beautiful pictures, and other family members have visited who said it is beautiful, but what was shown tonight looks absolutely gorgeous.

Having said that I am very neutral about any of these girls and know nothing about them other than AshLee having trust issues, but my impression of just tonight was that Sean seemed to say the same thing about each girl. I heard him say each one was his friend, and that is what he wants, asked each one if they would be willing to move to Dallas, and how he could see each one as being his wife, etc. Maybe, all of them have to do this, but it just seemed to me that he was having a wonderful time with each girl, and couldn't picture any other girl being with him on any of those dates he spent with them. I guess I missed some of the chemistry that some of you caught with Catherine over the other girls, but honestly I only had tonight to judge and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me and said I know he likes this one more than the next one. We weren't shown the Fantasy Suite part and never are, so I am guessing that is where more of the clarity must come from, because he seemed to know which one he was going to send home the day of the Rose Ceremony. I guess that is why I felt bad for AshLee (had to look at your spelling as I wasn't sure how she spelled it), but I do agree with what you said about her exit and I didn't see where she gave them much to work with either. She definitely looked mad, but based on what I saw I guess I would have been mad as well. I think I would have been mad if I were any of these girls because just judging on this one show he seemed to be into each girl to me. Maybe I am all Bachelored out, and the whole premise of it, where whoever the lead is seems to make each girl think that they are the one going to be picked especially when you get to this point in the competition.

I totally agree with you when you say you wonder why anyone would participate in this show anymore.
    fireflyer, mesachick and Coco46 like this.

The attitude that Ashlee was showing, let's call it "determined" as opposed to "obsessed" was quite telling in this episode. Her words were so annoying that I would imagine it would be torture to be alone with her for more than a few minutes. She did look scary and I hope that Sean keeps watch over his back, however, I think I prefer her reaction to being given the boot to a total breakdown where she says she can't live without him. I was kind of expecting that. I thought she might collapse and need paramedics.

I read a spoiler about the outcome, but still, you never know if they are correct. I'm still enjoying seeing these final episodes though.

i laughed when Sean gave this big speech about how his wife should trust and follow him, but as he was going into the cave and Ashlee asked, he said he didn't know what he was doing! lol

Was it just me or did Sean seem ultra nervous with the women last night? Is he really trying to protect their honor or is he a virgin? I read something about that, but thought it was just tabloid.

I totally laughed out loud when Sean spewed up the line about "protecting" his woman. I immediately thought of Kasey! Maybe he and Sean have matching tattoo's!!

Another underwhelming episode. It seems pretty clear whom Sean picks.

I also found it so funny that the girls were trying to play coy about the Fantasy Suite. The whole bits about being a lady, not sure if they want to go... yeah right LOL It was very clear that Sean had already told them that if they went there would be no nookie. "I think you know where I am coming from". I guess now the girls are playing the I am so pure and innocent role to match up with Sean's? I wasn't buying any of it. And yes, Sean seemed totally scripted as well. I agree with the other posters that noticed that he was saying the exact same thing to all three ladies. Guy needs to expand his vocabulary!

Anyway, the season is almost over!
    Shoepie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I have never seen such an in depth, serious conversation on this show...plus the chemistry is off the charts. They cannot stop grinning at each other!!!
    I love that finally someone asks the question, what will this be like when the cameras are gone! and the fantasy dates etc.

WTG Sean! and yes, my girl has a beautiful grin, I love her
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Just once I would love it if the bachelorette would take the fantasy suite envelope (would have been great if it were Catherine since she brought up the FS before the card) and put it up to her forehead and recited what was in the envelope ..(like*Karnac) seeing as the only words that are ever different is the couples names ... the location .. and the description of that location.. (wonderful .. amazing .. beautiful..) ... I just think this would be "AMAZING TV" LOL!
    Wasting away another summer...

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash View Post
    Just once I would love it if the bachelorette would take the fantasy suite envelope (would have been great if it were Catherine since she brought up the FS before the card) and put it up to her forehead and recited what was in the envelope ..(like*Karnac) seeing as the only words that are ever different is the couples names ... the location .. and the description of that location.. (wonderful .. amazing .. beautiful..) ... I just think this would be "AMAZING TV" LOL!
    LOL! yes, they all act, and the bachelors like they never knew it was coming.I wish they would change the name of who it is from ( Chris Harrison) to say Barney
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread