Like Tree389Likes

Thread: 1/28 Bachelor 17 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/28 Bachelor 17 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Jo . . .

WTA?

Translate, please?
    Women Tell All.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Women Tell All.
    THANKS, Midol!

TOLD you guys I haven't checked this show out since the Stone Age!

LOL!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Selma seems really high maintenance. She loved the private jet but hated the rock climbing. She did pretty well though. Then she gets to hang out in a trailer park? Those producers are hilarious!! She is so strong in her faith that she dates an athlete (how secretive can that be?) cannot kiss in public, yet poses in next to nothing? Bull hokey! Even the virtuous Emily kissed the guys on her season. Then she's a muslim and he christian? Yeah, that's a good combo. Not. She won't be around for much longer.

Is this show just asking for trouble/lawsuits? Why would roller derby be a good idea especially with the girls having to wear mike packs? The damage/pain that could be caused falling on that causes me to cringe.

Leslie H is so pretty but there was nothing there between them. It happens. Could she have picked an uglier dress? Nice that he was honest and sent her home but bad for Ben Taylor who had an audience of one. HA! I won a trip to Hollywood many years ago and one thing we got to do was go "shopping" on Rodeo Drive. It was funny because we were in a limo and it stopped in front of some store, Giorgio, I think. People stopped only to see a bunch of Canadian nobodies step out of the limo. LOL We too were treated like Julia Roberts in the Pretty Woman movie, in that every sales clerk pretty much ignored us.

I'm not even gonna comment on Tierra. UGH. Get lost, crazy drama queen!

Robyn sure has some awkward moments on this show. First, she almost breaks her neck doing a back flip right out of the limo and then says THE most awkward thing during their alone time. Do you want to taste the chocolate?
    Selma?

Please.

She TOTALLY lost me going on about her religion, but wearing the top she was, then saying she wouldn't kiss him until she was his one and only.

'C'mon . . . Just how hypocritical is SHE and just how stupid does she think WE are?

Roller Derby date?

Insane. Just. Insane. I remember when Steve O injured his back falling on a mic pack on DWTS. Putting Sarah on roller skates? Sure, she's adjusted to missing an arm in day-to-day life. But, Roller Derby/rollerskating is NOT usually everyday life, for an adult. And WHY in the hell did somebody not think/ask her if her balance would be off BEFORE she got on those skates? And the other side of THAT coin is WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T SHE TELL A PRODUCER BEFORE SHE GOT ON THOSE SKATES? AND THEN REFUSE TO GET ON THEM? And what about Amanda the in-house Cray Cray #2 wiping out and smashing her chin?

Oh, brother.

Nah. This show isn't AKING for trouble/lawsuits.

It's BEGGING for 'em!

Nah, Sean and Leslie couldn't light a fire between the two of 'em if they had a Bic, a box of matches and an industrial-sized can of kerosene. Yeah, the dress sucked, but HE liked it, so she would've worn it if it'd been festooned with or made out of TP. Him waving that rose in front of her was kinda like" "You can look, but you ain't gonna touch!" Appreciated his honesty, but HOW he handled it wasn't at all cool.

Tierra?

Please.

Robyn?

OK. She's getting/has gotten her shot, but the only thing I'm feeling so far is: "Ewwww!" That "chocolate" comment did NOT do a THING for me. It was like a balloon that had no air in it.
    Last edited by ness; 01-29-2013 at 02:10 AM.
    BTW likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think every potential lead on this show ought to be forced to watch a condensed version of Ben's season, highlighting the accuracy with which the women in the house interpreted Courtney's behavior and the contrast between reality and what Ben saw. Maybe, just maybe that would prevent this sort of conversation:

Tierra: "I just don't want you to be tainted by things the other women say about me."

Sean: "Don't worry, I know who you are."

Oh wait... that won't happen as long as the lead is thinking with his man parts.

(Sorry guys. Women get distracted by our own fantasies; I'm just picking on Sean in this case).

Enough with Tierra please, she is way too young to even try and pull off the villain. JavaJo is right, the WTA will pull her apart. If they can be bothered.

I really like Selma, I think she is beautiful. I also like Des, Lindsey, and Catherine. Catherine was very direct, without going overboard It sounded like they had spent alone time, that we didn't get to see.

I was glad Sarah overcame her fears, I dont see her in the F2, but this is good for her self esteem, and I believe he really likes her for who she is.

Nothing between Lesley and him, I saw him struggling, but nothing was clicking .She was so pretty, but her personality was different. As for the waving around of the rose, that's the show, the past three seasons they have done that. The lead picks it up and then says ummmmmmmm no!

I hated Robyn's dress( ugh)

Why is it 2 days next week- do we know?
    BTW and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Chris Harrison's Blog is posted in his blog thread. He sure writes a lot this week - two whole pages at the EW site.

I loved the vocal music they interspersed in the first date and Ben singing in the second. He does sound like his Dad.

No Comment about Tierra. I'm liking Catherine, Des and Lindsay so far for him. We'll see if he can get over his warm feelings for everyone as the eliminations continue.

In the preview, why was Tierra wearing a swimsuit and running out into a frigid lake? Yikes.

Oh, Chris advises us to stock up on the boxed wine for the doubling up of the show next week. Good idea.

ETA: Laughed so hard when Sean had to turn in his man card during the credit roll. I think that truck must have been a manual shift. If so, Sean would not fare well on the Amazing Race.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-29-2013 at 02:39 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Impressions of Episode 4 (I'm determined to stay spoiler-free again this season, so forgive my lack of knowledge of the future - even down to the previews of next week):

Amanda: My thought is that the negativity toward her was overblown. That Kacie was fed the story line and was a plant. With her weird full-blown smile coming from nothing, it's easy to give her the crazy tag. I don't think the others disliked her too much - just that she's a model and quite pretty and if there were chemistry she could be a front-runner. In the end, without the crazy story line, she came across as someone who wanted Sean's attention but never quite got it. The bruise on her chin looked pretty nasty, even with the makeup. Probably a little too immature to be thinking marriage at this time.

AshLee: Getting the fan-favorite edit. This type bores me to tears, but in the right situation, I can see her being a good choice. If I had to guess a winner right now, she'd be it.

Catherine: I didn't like her basically throwing herself at Sean, but he's kissing everyone, and it's entirely possible we've missed some flirting along the way. Still don't know if she has a personality.

Daniella: After four weeks, she's still scenery. Not just under the radar, but hiding in the corner covered by a rug when the radar is deployed. I can't imagine her lasting long enough to even get a solo date.

Desiree: I'm surprised she's not getting the Courtney edit. It would be easy to make her look bad. I don't think she really likes Sean - just that this show must be like catnip for wedding store personnel.

Jackie: Tierra called her out for some reason, but we never saw why. If they're casting Mean Girls, Jackie would play the sidekick who only had a couple of lines, probably about prom night and a golf course and maybe some onion rings. Onion rings are always funny. Otherwise, she's still furniture, so she'll be gone soon.

Lesley: Sean has not been feeling the blondes this season, but she's the exception. She's far, far too good at this seduction thing. She likes to win. She probably has no interest in Sean. I'll peg her as a relieved runner-up and our next Bachelorette.

Leslie: Yeah, I didn't like Pretty Woman, either. Kind of a bizarre story line, and even more bizarre how it is played in society these days. Why would anyone like a story about a prostitute who gets taken shopping by her client? What else was there? So I'm not surprised it's not a good date to generate chemistry. Her language seemed stuck in the '50s, was expecting a "golly gee-willikers" out of her. Extremely pretty, but even as a guy I noticed she chose the worst dress for herself.

Lindsay: This type always, always, always finishes third (again, this is not a spoiler - if I'm right it's only because it's a common story line in Bachelor, I'm likely not right at all). She's nice enough, sexy enough, wacky enough. But there doesn't seem to be much depth there.

Robyn: Another who threw herself at him during the cocktail party. Sean appears to enjoy making out with a lot of women. She seems to like the competition better than she likes Sean. Every season needs a few of these.

Sarah: That voice screams high-maintenance. They seem to have a little bit of chemistry, but how do you not generate chemistry when you're thrown off the roof of a skyscraper? It seems mean of the producers to make her go roller-skating if she's never done it before. I hope she doesn't cry too much when she's sent home - that voice plus crying would force me to use the mute button - I'd feel traumatized.

Selma: Somewhere, there's an ayatollah facing phone calls from angry constituents, thinking, "even I know this is exceptionally stupid and fake, I just wish she'd go away quietly." She will. It would be a memorable home-town date, though.

Tierra: I guess we needed a villain. I don't see the point, but Sean seems to love the dark-haired ones with large assets. I bet she looks a lot like his first long-term girlfriend or his mother or the girl who kicked him during recess in the third grade and stole his show-and-tell conch shell. Not sure which. I can see her being fourth-place with the cliche-crazy family.
    ilja likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    In the preview, why was Tierra wearing a swimsuit and running out into a frigid lake? Yikes.
    Was she the one being rushed to the hospital in thermal blankets? If so, I think we have our answer...

We'll find out either next Monday or Tuesday. Someone called for a Lifeguard and the correct first aid warming blankets appeared to be used. Until then all we can do is shake our heads in wonder at what those producers can come up with for dates.

It now seems that the Cinderella or, as it is now called, the Pretty Woman date, is the kiss of death. If you are ever on The Bachelor, DO NOT accept the earrings...beg to go on the group date.
    ilja likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So let me get this straight. He wanted to connect with Leslie, but yet he took her on a date that was totally out of step with the type of dates he usually goes on (pranks, charity, etc.). Of course he wouldn't feel a connection with someone who he spent the day shopping with. That's super boring!
    mesachick likes this.

Closed Thread