Closed Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 1/21 Bachelor 17 Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/21 Bachelor 17 Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

She's not a very good villain though. She comes off as more of a villain wannabe. But yeah in this group of girls, she takes the prize lol. This season is so vanilla snoozefest boring, that I find myself actually missing Courtney... at least she provided interesting topics to discuss lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The latest commercial places Tierra on the top tier of Bachelor Villains. It shows her making gross faces and then a conniving face for Sean. Yep, it's confirmed...we have our villain this season.
    Everyone thought it was going to be Amanda
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did Leslie M, (kissing contest girl) remind anyone else of Vienna from previous Bachelor show?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, how can you get to know someone when you both are drinking all evening?
    I can't remember where, but I believe it was in an early interview with Chris Harrison, he stated that the contestants often take the lead of the star. Sean apparently was not a drinker and the ladies....with the exception of the first night...for the most part followed his example.

After all these seasons we have learned that many do drink...a lot!...but not everyone. I think the first nights are usually the worst...everyone is nervous/excited and not used to the cameras. It's a very long day for them and production makes sure there is lots of booze and little food, hence some get sloshed to the gills. They bring the crazy that producers love, but usually, those are sent home quickly. After that, things settle down a bit and the bach/ette set the standard. If I remember correctly, Em's season also was not quite the frat house that others were and I expect the same for Sean. Then it is up to the star to use their judgement and common sense...even though often it appears to us they have none!
    Photobabe likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I can't remember where, but I believe it was in an early interview with Chris Harrison, he stated that the contestants often take the lead of the star. Sean apparently was not a drinker and the ladies....with the exception of the first night...for the most part followed his example.

After all these seasons we have learned that many do drink...a lot!...but not everyone. I think the first nights are usually the worst...everyone is nervous/excited and not used to the cameras. It's a very long day for them and production makes sure there is lots of booze and little food, hence some get sloshed to the gills. They bring the crazy that producers love, but usually, those are sent home quickly. After that, things settle down a bit and the bach/ette set the standard. If I remember correctly, Em's season also was not quite the frat house that others were and I expect the same for Sean. Then it is up to the star to use their judgement and common sense...even though often it appears to us they have none!
    sloshed to the gills

Did Leslie M, (kissing contest girl) remind anyone else of Vienna from previous Bachelor show?
    Hmm not really, I always thought Vienna was bit skanky looking
    sclilred1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Tierra is a plant....probably an actress or was induced to take a different strategy....just think she's doing what she does with TPTB's suggestions or directions. Just too staged for me.
    Like the fall down the stairs...at first, she can't even respond to anyone and then later at the cocktail party, she seemed just fine and dandy....those were tiled stairs...I had a staircase like that once and my daughter did slip and fall on them....she still has a dent in my bottom where she landed on a edge of a stair....tiles are HARD.
    Kacie really blew it here and thank you all that thought that was a wet suit she was wearing...my very thoughts.
    I'm going to say something here that's probably not very correct per society...please don't beat on me too much... but I'm wondering why Sarah doesn't have a prosthetic arm....I would think it would be so helpful in her life....They have some really amazing advanced ones now. Also, I think people are more comfortable (not that others should count the most) with a prosthetic than seeing a limb that's partially missing.
    I know that sound awful but I think it's just human nature to be constantly reminded that she was born without part of an arm when you see her because I think a prosthetic fills in the absence that the our brain sees as missing. I"m probably not explaining this well. sorry.
    I would just think she'd like to have the advantage of having a lower arm and hand. She doesn't seem to be like someone who would be self-conscious of it.

The only thing I don't like about Sean is that he always sticks his tongue in his drink before he drinks....ewwww.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 01-24-2013 at 02:42 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Tierra is a plant....probably an actress or was induced to take a different strategy....just think she's doing what she does with TPTB's suggestions or directions. Just too staged for me. Like the fall down the stairs...at first, she can't even respond to anyone and then later at the cocktail party, she seemed just fine and dandy....those were tiled stairs...I had a staircase like that once and my daughter did slip and fall on them....she still has a dent in my bottom where she landed on a edge of a stair....tiles are HARD. Kacie really blew it here and thank you all that thought that was a wet suit she was wearing...my very thoughts. I'm going to say something here that's probably not very correct per society...please don't beat on me too much... but I'm wondering why Sarah doesn't have a prosthetic arm....I would think it would be so helpful in her life....They have some really amazing advanced ones now. Also, I think people are more comfortable (not that others should count the most) with a prosthetic than seeing a limb that's partially missing. I know that sound awful but I think it's just human nature to be constantly reminded that she was born without part of an arm when you see her because I think a prosthetic fills in the absence that the our brain sees as missing. I"m probably not explaining this well. sorry. I would just think she'd like to have the advantage of having a lower arm and hand. She doesn't seem to be like someone who would be self-conscious of it. The only thing I don't like about Sean is that he always sticks his tongue in his drink before he drinks....ewwww.
    It makes sense that Tierra is a plant... an actress hired to "cause" drama. I don't think she fell down the stairs. As I said in another post, I think Tierra lay down at the bottom of the stairs, and a producer banged something on the floor. The producers tell Sean to keep Tierra around for the drama. Did Sean give Tierra a rose as soon as she got out of the limo? The producers must have told him to do that. Also, I've gotten used to seeing Sarah the way she is. Since she can function with one arm, why should she wear a prosthetic arm? I never noticed that Sean sticks his tongue in his drink. I'll have to watch more closely. I notice that Sean sticks his tongue in the mouth of every woman he kisses... and it's not just the tip. It looks as if he sticks his entire tongue in the mouth.
    jucamer likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm going to say something here that's probably not very correct per society...please don't beat on me too much... but I'm wondering why Sarah doesn't have a prosthetic arm....I would think it would be so helpful in her life....They have some really amazing advanced ones now. Also, I think people are more comfortable (not that others should count the most) with a prosthetic than seeing a limb that's partially missing.
    I know that sound awful but I think it's just human nature to be constantly reminded that she was born without part of an arm when you see her because I think a prosthetic fills in the absence that the our brain sees as missing. I"m probably not explaining this well. sorry.
    I would just think she'd like to have the advantage of having a lower arm and hand. She doesn't seem to be like someone who would be self-conscious of it.
    Many years ago, I had a friend with an almost-identical arm situation, caused by an accident of birth. She was tested later in life and it was determined that she was right-handed - but she had no right hand. She learned to do everything (including playing guitar) with just the one fully functioning arm. I don't know that I'd want to be carrying around the weight of a prosthesis on a daily basis. I literally hate wearing my hearing aids, even though they improve my ability to hear. Plus, the fitting and maintaining of a prosthesis is expensive - perhaps she or her family did not have insurance.

If I had that type of birth injury, though, I think I would wear things that didn't have the affected limb so "front and center." All of us dress to minimize those parts of our body that we think are less than perfect. She doesn't have to wear long sleeves all the time, but I don't recall ever seeing her in ANYTHING with a sleeve. (Of course, I don't recall seeing ANYONE on the show wear sleeves except Sean. LOL.)
    Photobabe likes this.

Sorry for showing up late, ladies. AT&T's system crashed on Monday and left thousand of us high and dry with no TV. I had to watch the show last night at Starbuck's, and we only got service back today, so here we go...

--I have moved across the country before, and it's exhausting. We took a week and stayed in hotels along the way, and it was still exhausting. I can't imagine driving all those states right through.

---Lesley, honey, that wasn't a dress. That was the slip you wear under a dress. And guess where lingerie belongs? In the bedroom. In public, honey, you look like Julia Roberts from "Pretty Woman," and I'm not talking about the fancy opera dress scene.

--Group date. Women in bikinis, champagne everywhere. I felt like I had wondered into "Girls Gone Wild." And how far away was the beach from the girls' house? 'Cause I felt sorry for the losers having to ride back in their bikinis. Couldn't resist a few more skin shots, could we, Fleiss?

--Felt so sorry for Ashlee. I'm all for charity; I loved it when they painted that orphanage a few seasons ago. However, this wasn't a date, it was a trip to the amusement park. It looked and felt about as romantic as a couple's "date night" with the kids dragged along.

--I must say, though, that I LOVE amusement parks. Back in my single days I used to love riding the scariest, tallest rollers coasters at Six Flags Over Texas, here in my home city of Dallas. Alas, hubby hates them, so I think those days are over. I envied Ashlee a little for that.

--Yeah, those sick girls didn't look all that surprised. As soon as the second one got out of the limo, I thought, "This was staged."

And speaking of which,

--I've been in a fairly serious car accident before. The paramedics checked me out for a concussion, and said I was ok. (Thank the Lord for airbags!) If they had said I needed to go to the hospital, there is no way I would have refused. I was suffering from a degree of shock, too. Instead of belligerent, though, it made me child-like. I just wanted somebody to wave a magic wand and make everything ok, so I would have done anything the medics told me.

Not just that, but I loved how one blog put it: between the cameras and the women, nobody saw Tierra fall? And it just happened to occur when Sean was coming. And she just happened to miraculously recover when Sean wanted to talk to her alone. Uh-huh. That is one sick woman--and I'm not talking about her injury.

--I actually thought the revolving women at the party was kind of funny, simply because it involved so many women. When it's just one woman doing the stealing, though, I get ticked off. I've also wondered why nobody, woman or Bach, ever says "Excuse me, we were having a private conversation. Get lost." I would.
    cubsfan55, sclilred1 and mesachick like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

--I actually thought the revolving women at the party was kind of funny, simply because it involved so many women. When it's just one woman doing the stealing, though, I get ticked off. I've also wondered why nobody, woman or Bach, ever says "Excuse me, we were having a private conversation. Get lost." I would.
    I think they are told not to. I saw Sean face, and he wasn't happy. Same thing last season with EM. She didn't seem to like it. So,my guess would be, TPTB say keep up the pretense and they do. It isn't going to change, especially given all the perks the last bachelorette got, and she still had to go through this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread