Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: 1/7 The Bachelor 17 Sean Premiere Episode **West Coast Spoilers**

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 1/7 The Bachelor 17 Sean Premiere Episode **West Coast Spoilers**

I was surprised to hear Sean say to Arie that they hadn't seen each other since Curacao. You know these Bachelor folks are kind of like one big fraternity/sorority and are always meeting up. I was when Arie started to give Sean kissing tips. On most of the other boards Sean had been given the nickname "lizard tongue" because of the way his tongue was always darting in and out. So, when Arie told Sean that there shouldn't be much tongue action nor darting I nearly bust a gut. These guys are in on the joke...they all must read the boards. And to whomever said upthread, early on, that Sean looked like he was trying not to crack a smile on the limo ride home after being dumped by Emily, I wholeheartedly agree. I don't think he ever had his heart broken by Emily.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

rae442522 !

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Caught the end when I realized my DVR was recording something... looking forward to watching from the beginning tomorrow .. and probably fast forwarding through some parts .. according to your comments!
    Wasting away another summer...

Quote Originally Posted by rae442522 View Post
    I have been a lurker here for years but never joined until today, but aren't these women given some sort of mental exam before they are approved??? If they are how in the world did the shades of grey girl get past them...she was really creepy and IMO missing a few light bulbs in her head that needs to be turned on
    They are given quite an extensive psych exam and I also remember reading somewhere that there is supposed to be a psychiatrist there during filming. A lot of the time they actually look for the crazy and the ones that are emotional and therefore easily manipulated to up the drama. They also frequently make "suggestions" to the contestants that they think will be funny. Generally most of the stuff that you/we think is cheezy/stupid, was probably suggested by production.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Chris Harrison's blog is up in his thread.

I've started a thread for Sean's blogs and the one he wrote pre-show is posted.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    They are given quite an extensive psych exam and I also remember reading somewhere that there is supposed to be a psychiatrist there during filming. A lot of the time they actually look for the crazy and the ones that are emotional and therefore easily manipulated to up the drama. They also frequently make "suggestions" to the contestants that they think will be funny. Generally most of the stuff that you/we think is cheezy/stupid, was probably suggested by production.

Yes, this show has been on for umpteen seasons now, so they have the formula down pat. They look for contestants with "entertainment value," the ones that will make you and I say huh? because it keeps us watching. Also, bear in mind that going on this show is like going on Big Brother. You're kept in this big house, not allowed to leave, and cameras are everywhere, all the time. You're cut off from the rest of the world, no internet, no cell phones, etc. Try doing that for a few weeks and you'd go crazy, too. As Midol said, a lot of what you see is suggested by producers from behind the camera, as well, to increase the drama.

And of course, contestants know that the more dramatic they are, the more air time they get.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I"m sucked in again. I couldn't resist. I watched most of it last night. I think they have a fair number of good contestants. Of course, the fake drama is ready to start. lol

Sean resembles my ex and I always admired his hot body. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't be watching this season. lol
    Shoepie and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by whimzeegal View Post
    Is FORT going back to sleuthing and everything this season? I really miss that.
    I miss that too. I am spoiled this season so I won't be posting much in this show's threads. I enjoy it here so I will have to grin and bear it. See you in the other ones, however.

Sean does not excite me but I didn't like Emily at first either. Time will tell.

Do you think Sean really needs kissing advice? I hope not. If someone isn't talented at kissing, there's not much you can do. I dated a hard kisser once and even though we talked about it and I demonstrated what I did and didn't like. It never took hold. He could never stop super hard kissing.

Once I dated a face sucker. He sucked both of my lips into his mouth. It was horrible. I tried to break free, but he didn't get it. I can't imagine where he got that method from. lol
    Madison_2008 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Sean doesn't seem to be as muscular as he was during Emily's season. Also, I thought Sean and Arie's interaction was funny. Why wouldn't Sean kiss the drunk teacher in the wedding dress... was he concerned about diseases, or was it because of his morals?
    NEPASue likes this.

Closed Thread