Closed Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Is Sean really celibate? I read an online article that claimed that Sean spent the night with a woman from Ben's season, before this current season began... then he didn't call her the next day. Is Sean really what he claims to be, or is the image he presents carefully crafted by the producers?
    The rag is probably blowing up his charity function meeting of Kacie way out of proportion. Bachelor Nation Charity events are the only time, I believe, that he would have even met any female contestant from any season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Before this season started, Sean supposedly spent the night with Jenna Burke after meeting her at a charity event. Producers have stretched the truth with leads from previous seasons. Why wouldn't they do they same with Sean? It's all about ratings.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I sure hope he does not intend to be celebate until he marries. That makes for a very hasty decision to push the wedding up as close as you can. Not good.
    I tend to agree with this. If those are Sean's values and he is true to him, he has all my admiration. To me, it sounds like adding undue stress on the relationship, but live and let live.

Maybe around fantasy date time we'll get to hear what Sean's views actually are and then we won't have to speculate.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Before this season started, Sean supposedly spent the night with Jenna Burke after meeting her at a charity event. Producers have stretched the truth with leads from previous seasons. Why wouldn't they do they same with Sean? It's all about ratings.
    Jenna kind of reminds me of Catherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I tend to agree with this. If those are Sean's values and he is true to him, he has all my admiration. To me, it sounds like adding undue stress on the relationship, but live and let live.

Maybe around fantasy date time we'll get to hear what Sean's views actually are and then we won't have to speculate.
    I sure hope we do, then we don't have to have other people's words instead of his own
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sean most definitely does not need this show to find a suitable woman who shares his values and outlook in life. Something tells me he couldn't swing a dead cat in his church without hitting at least 3 or 4 of them. He is doing this show, I think, for the same reasons as almost every person who has come before him: for the 'fame' and the experience. For the attention he is receiving and will receive from doing it. If he happens to fall in love and it all works out, that's just a bonus. I believe he is celibate and plans to be so until he marries. He has given every indication he is religious and conservative in his beliefs. I don't think he's being disingenuous on this issue, but I do believe he is on the issue of his inability to find a girl in his regular life. But, this isn't unique to Sean so I take it with a grain of salt.
    Shoepie, Eastcoastmom and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Sean most definitely does not need this show to find a suitable woman who shares his values and outlook in life. Something tells me he couldn't swing a dead cat in his church without hitting at least 3 or 4 of them. He is doing this show, I think, for the same reasons as almost every person who has come before him: for the 'fame' and the experience. For the attention he is receiving and will receive from doing it. If he happens to fall in love and it all works out, that's just a bonus. I believe he is celibate and plans to be so until he marries. He has given every indication he is religious and conservative in his beliefs. I don't think he's being disingenuous on this issue, but I do believe he is on the issue of his inability to find a girl in his regular life. But, this isn't unique to Sean so I take it with a grain of salt.
    I don't dispute the fact he isn't on for the same reasons as Fake and Blob, or even Fake Emily. He seems nice enough, and that's all that matters to me.It's a reality show, we all know that we have watched various guys and girls hook up, and it can last 2 weeks or 2 years.

I wish him luck, I would say the odds are stacked against them, given those on this show before him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I discovered it is the People mag cover you have to avoid this week if you can. The promo for the article does address his "virginity" status, but the cover does have inset photos of two of the final four. Unfortunately, I didn't close my eyes in time and they are now etched into my leaking brain cells.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I can't remember where, but Sean did admit that he doesn't have a problem finding women in real life. I don't think he is being disingenuous on the subject, it is the public that assume that just because he is on the show. His sister Shay nominated him initially and he said "why not?". He figured he would have some fun and get to travel a little and he would probably get to meet women he may not have met otherwise. If I was 25 years younger...
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Perhaps disingenuous is a strong word, if in fact Sean has admitted he doesn't have trouble finding girls. I just hate the whole "I am here to find a wife" when frankly, I honestly believe there are very few who go on this show with that goal in mind. Jason was one, I think. Ashley seemed serious about it. Trista as well. Others go on for a lark, but have to regurgitate the trite lines the show feeds them, and it's mostly a bunch of crap. At least Charlie seemed more upfront about why he was there, and it was to have fun. That was reflected in his season and, surprisingly, his relationship coming out of the show lasted quite awhile, which can be considered a success with this show.
    mesachick likes this.

Closed Thread