Closed Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

Free all expenses paid luxury wedding & probably honeymoon too? And tons more cash? Why on earth would anyone NOT go for the TV wedding? It's not like they're selling their first born to Rumplestiltskin or Fleiss or anything.

I don't see it as pursuing TV or entertainment careers. I see it as good business. Accepting the gifts you're being offered for a short time. Then you're done. No further obligations. They'd be fools not to.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I don't mind in the least that Sean is doing these things.

--Who wouldn't want to appear on DWTS? I would do it for no money.

I would too but only if I could dance with Maks or Giles.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Free all expenses paid luxury wedding & probably honeymoon too? And tons more cash? Why on earth would anyone NOT go for the TV wedding? It's not like they're selling their first born to Rumplestiltskin or Fleiss or anything.

I don't see it as pursuing TV or entertainment careers. I see it as good business. Accepting the gifts you're being offered for a short time. Then you're done. No further obligations. They'd be fools not to.
    Sean spoke with JP about a TV wedding, and was told it was a great experience.Sean is also friends with Jason and Molly. If anyone thinks Lindsay is bitter, she said if she is asked she would definitely go.-because there is a friendship bewteen them. This speaks volumes to me about this couple

Oh, and his father or grandfather would officiate.
    Need40winks and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He's a model - how can he not be in the public eye?
    A fitness model.... and the fact that no one knew of him in that regard before the show... is part of the reason I don't believe him. He was not in the public eye until the show, and apparently, despite his words, his actions are showing that he's pretty happy with his new stance in reality tv.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    A fitness model.... and the fact that no one knew of him in that regard before the show... is part of the reason I don't believe him. He was not in the public eye until the show, and apparently, despite his words, his actions are showing that he's pretty happy with his new stance in reality tv.
    Oh well - he changed his mind .It happens
    NCLurker, Need40winks and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh well - he changed his mind .It happens
    Fame is a greedy trait, that's for sure, especially when it can paint you in a boring or unflattering light like it often does in reality tv. I wonder if he changed his mind about being celibate in the Fantasy Suites too? It happens. I don't think he changed his mind. I think that was his plan all along. Why else be on the show in the first place?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Why else be on the show in the first place?
    The same reason Emily was on twice, to um find love .Looks like it worked out for one of them.
    Midol and Pandora2 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I can see why they'd be grateful for a televised wedding with ABC picking up the tab. Usually the bride's family pays for most of a wedding, and I got the impression Catherine's family was not exactly well off. Her father isn't even in the picture. I'm sure if they're really in love, the lavishness of the wedding is not an issue, but if they could have the wedding of their dreams without paying for it, why not? I think Ashley and JP got to choose everything they wanted, from the colors to the gown and the food. As long as the wedding reflects the couple's preferences and wishes, I see nothing wrong with taking an opportunity that is not available to most couples. As far as DWTS, maybe the money was irresistible; I can understand them wanting to start off their married life with a nice house and money in the bank. Now, if Sean turns into a fame whore like Jake the Fake, that's different, but somehow I don't see that happening. I don't think Catherine wants that kind of life, either.
    Photobabe, Midol and Pandora2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I can see why they'd be grateful for a televised wedding with ABC picking up the tab. Usually the bride's family pays for most of a wedding, and I got the impression Catherine's family was not exactly well off. Her father isn't even in the picture. I'm sure if they're really in love, the lavishness of the wedding is not an issue, but if they could have the wedding of their dreams without paying for it, why not? I think Ashley and JP got to choose everything they wanted, from the colors to the gown and the food. As long as the wedding reflects the couple's preferences and wishes, I see nothing wrong with taking an opportunity that is not available to most couples. As far as DWTS, maybe the money was irresistible; I can understand them wanting to start off their married life with a nice house and money in the bank. Now, if Sean turns into a fame whore like Jake the Fake, that's different, but somehow I don't see that happening. I don't think Catherine wants that kind of life, either.
    As an extremely independant, liberated, and non material woman, I can pretty much make the generalization that all women would love the extravegant wedding. We'd all like to be Princess For A Day & feel the specialness that goes with it.
    The only thing is, we see the practicality of NOT doing that. Save the money, save the confusion, put your finances & efforts elsewhere. Don't be wastefull. We accept that what's most important is the marriage & each other, not the look at me wedding.

But deep inside, yes, we would all like to have it. ABC arrangeing it & the travel for loved ones & footing the bill & money in the hand to boot.
    Babbred and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I found an interview with Sean and Catherine where they are addressing a lot of the questions we've been having. I'm not sure about posting rules here. Would it be okay if I posted some excerpts from the article with a link to the original?

Closed Thread