Closed Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 227
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

  1. #101
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    206

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    I think Sean is looking for a stepford wife. He wants someone who is constantly smiling and happy, with a perfect family who is up for doing anything that he wants, and that will yes him, worship the ground he walks on and never question anything he does. I don't think that exists.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

  2. #102
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I think Sean is looking for a stepford wife. He wants someone who is constantly smiling and happy, with a perfect family who is up for doing anything that he wants, and that will yes him, worship the ground he walks on and never question anything he does. I don't think that exists.
    Absolutely! He wrote that one of the things he liked about AshLee (I think it was AshLee) was that she was "sweet." It drives me nuts every time a man says he’s looking for someone who is “sweet” – and it’s usually a “sweet girl.” The subtext is exactly as you say: a smiling and happy Stepford wife. Makes me wonder how he would have handled “the real Emily” after her sweetness faded with the camera lights.

    Which also makes me curious about his attraction to Catherine. I adore her but she doesn’t seem to fit that mold – especially if she is as moody as her family says (which I’m not sure I believe as I still think they’re just plain envious). Maybe he isn’t sure exactly what he wants….
    bachelorwatcher likes this.

  3. #103
    Forum Assistant Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,745

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    The same could be said of Leslie, who has a rather acerbic personality and yet, if she had said those three words, he may very well have kept her around.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  4. #104
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,358

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    Sean doesn't mind taking his shirt off on TV, since he willingly posed for fitness magazines. He wants millions of people to notice (and admire) him.... but, being muscular isn't a "quality" that I admire. Also, Sean quickly dismissed Kacie after she made a few awkward comments. Then Sean couldn't admit that what Nate said about him was true. Sean not only wants people to think that he looks perfect, but that he IS perfect.

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,140

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The same could be said of Leslie, who has a rather acerbic personality and yet, if she had said those three words, he may very well have kept her around.
    Yes, which makes Sean a huge hypocrite! Considering how *special* he considers those words, and what he'd been through his first season regarding that exact same issue, I am shocked that he wasn't more understanding of her. Tsk Tsk. Sean - not so *genuine* afterall.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  6. #106
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yes, which makes Sean a huge hypocrite! Considering how *special* he considers those words, and what he'd been through his first season regarding that exact same issue, I am shocked that he wasn't more understanding of her. Tsk Tsk. Sean - not so *genuine* afterall.
    I never saw anything between these two but friendship. He did use the word 'perhaps 'if she had said those words, because that's how this whole shows rolls right? I think these two will remain freinds, at least I hope so.So far the interviews after the show- not a bad word for this guy

    Of course that will all change when the WTA and the drama once again ensues
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #107
    Here's to NEXT YEAR! cubsfan55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    642

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    I've been thinking about some of the posts made about Sean, here and on the Sean Tells All thread, too.
    There have been a lot of accusations about Sean talking out of both sides of his mouth. You know, like kicking off one girl for NOT saying or doing something, then sending another packing for doing exactly what the other didn't do.

    All editing and drama aside, when it comes to matters of the heart, aren't most of us are guilty of doing the same?
    I mean, one moment we want a guy (or gal) who doesn't cling. Then, when we're no longer interested in that person, we let him/her go because they don't call enough, never send flowers, doesn't post I.Love.YOU on our FB wall, etc... Sometimes we're just drawn --or NOT-- to the person we least expect. Sometimes our feelings change for NO good reason.

    I, for one, will not date a smoker; it's a deal breaker. HOWEVER, the Love Of My Life smokes on the infrequent occasion. Know what? I think it's hot -- on HIM (and ONLY him). If he came back into my life, I still wouldn't want him to smoke, but I sure wouldn't mind it if he lit one up now and then.

    Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is, when we WANT the relationship, we'll make compromises to make it work.
    When we don't want the relationship, or if it's run its course and it's time to move on, we might give the exact opposite to bring it to an end.

    I think Sean has done some of that. He might really like a girl, but someone has to go home and he has to say something, so, we get to see both sides of his mouth...tongue and all.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,140

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I never saw anything between these two but friendship. He did use the word 'perhaps 'if she had said those words, because that's how this whole shows rolls right? I think these two will remain freinds, at least I hope so.So far the interviews after the show- not a bad word for this guy

    Of course that will all change when the WTA and the drama once again ensues
    I agree about the friendship part. I've pretty much only seen that between Sean and all the girls though. The problem is that he said if she HAD said those three little words, he might have kept her longer. That's my issue, because he was guilty of the same thing in his prior season, so he should have been much more understanding. But he wasn't. Therefore, he's a hypocrite.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  9. #109
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree about the friendship part. I've pretty much only seen that between Sean and all the girls though. The problem is that he said if she HAD said those three little words, he might have kept her longer. That's my issue, because he was guilty of the same thing in his prior season, so he should have been much more understanding. But he wasn't. Therefore, he's a hypocrite.
    Hmm, I don't think he is. I mean if she HAD , or he MIGHT - that's pretty much standard for this show .I don't think she would have been around any longer, because they shared laughs, but no chemistry. I do see chemistry, great chemistry with a couple of the girls left.I guess we see what we want to see.
    NCLurker, ilja, Midol and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Sean Lowe *No Spoilers*

    I do not fault anyone who goes on this show for opportunity, job promotion, fun with the idea they may find love. One step leads to another.

    I fail to see virtue in no sex before marriage. Seems an archaic notion dating back to the puritanical era. Perhaps the woman he chooses likes that idea. I have my doubts. And what does celebate really mean? Everything except penetration? If that is the case I really do have to ask, what is the point?
    mesachick and I'm here like this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.