Closed Thread
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree837Likes

Thread: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/12 Bachelor 16: The Finale and ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    That's the first I've heard of that. Is there a credible source I can check out?

I'm not saying my opinion is 100% true (or even 50% true) and I surely won't try to argue my point. People will think what they want to think and believe what they want to believe. I don't know Courtney - I don't know if she was a mean girl. I don't know if she was the girl the mean girls picked on. I wanted to offer up one possible alternate scenario.
    Multiple sources, multiple interviews with different classmates of hers. It's not ever been refuted as it being otherwise than what these people have said.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    She would be rebuffed if she tried to act normally in the "cathouse" if she were shown to be an early favorite? Even if there is any truth to that statement, isn't Courtney still responsible for how she chose to respond? She did not have to say those catty things to (or about) the other women. She could have chosen to take the high road, but she didn't. And we saw how she responded when Emily tried to apologize to her.

I believe that I only heard maybe two or three women in the house say that they became friends with Courtney, and even they were disappointed to hear the things that Courtney had said about the other women. And it appeared to me that Courtney did not consider those two or three women as competition for her. She only seemed to take jabs at the women that she did consider a possible contender for Ben's affection.
    Oh, I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying we don't have the full story and we never will. We do know, from what we saw of Shawntel on the show and in TWTA, that this group can be quite catty when it perceives a threat.

From my own dating experiences, I don't think I'd particularly like a woman who could form the sorority mind-meld like so many appear to do on this show. If she were a little more mature (and I'm in my 40s, so she wouldn't be in my dating pool even if I appealed to models), I could easily see myself choosing a Courtney type over, let's say, the Kacie type. And that would have nothing to do with skinny-dipping (no one wants to see my hairy old ass).
    G.G., luvlady345, Rattus and 2 others like this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Just getting around to watching it today...since I was spoiled up to my eyeballs I knew how it would all turn out...that's why I didn't bother to watch the AFTR.

Not much to say about Lindzi and her date, since I knew it was all window dressing. I will say, though, that was it just me, or did Lindzi give the impression that she wasn't all that upset? Maybe I'm crazy, but I could swear there were a couple of times she wanted to laugh as she gave her post-proposal ITM's. Maybe in giddy relief to have this charade over with? I loved what a blogger said. "We've seen more emotion from some of the other women when they were eliminated after their dates." Absolutely true, so I have a feeling Lindzi was canny enough to know what would happen and just wanted to get it over with and get on with her life. I think Ben with his melodramatic sighs probably showed more emotion. Lindzi probably wanted to slap him and tell him to man up.

And speaking of blogs, this was just too good not to quote. It's a comment from a blog post.

So funny tonight…while watching the finale for Ben’s season my 7 year old nephew came walking in right when Lindsay was getting into the helicopter and said “They let them fly the helicopter after they get dumped?” I think that ABC should make that a rule from now on…you don’t get the final rose but you get to fly this helicopter!! I bet most would choose the helicopter then.
    Yeah, Lindzi was probably having a blast up there, knowing that she had "won" after all. It was probably more fun than most of what she had to put up with this season.

As for the other one...

When Courtney was petting that cat at the very beginning, I kept waiting for it to bite her.

When Ben and Courtney were alone on their final date, what was that clanging the background? Church bells? A firehouse? That was the second time that I wished Courtney would have turned into a toad.

Oh, and I loved it earlier when she said, "I feel so vulnerable right now (giggle, kiss)." That just about summed their entire relationship this season.

On the morning of the proposal, notice that Ben was bundled up in a parka, and yet Lindzi runs to her balcony in her pajamas? And Courtney wasn't wearing much else. That looked like a bathrobe. Geesh, they must have had some serious goosebumps. I know Courtney is used to having not much on, but Switzerland is a far cry from Puerto Rico.

As Neil Lane showed Ben those rings, did he really describe the first one as "organic"? What's an "organic diamond"? I just have this vision of diamonds growing among carrots and cabbages in long rows.

Yeah, Courtney's outfit made me think of Cruela De Ville. That or a dominatrix. To be fair, though, Lindzi's outfit wasn't much better. It made me think of a black ostrich.

For some strange reason, as Lindzi's helicopter arrived and they showed that shot of CH standing there looking solemn, my first thought was "Mafia guy."

Also for some strange reason, that little wooded proposal spot reminded me of a pagan shrine. Feel free to fill any jokes about maidens and sacrifices, because I'm too tired.

And now for a couple of serious points...

"Exciting...adventurous...myst erious." "Warm...genuine...glows from within." One of those is a wife, and the other is the Hollywood fantasy you drool over. You're supposed to grow up and realize which one would make a good real life relationship. The fact that Ben hasn't, and didn't, once again says everything about him. That, ladies and gentleman, is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Speaking for men who have nothing in common with this twit, please don't think we are all sucked in this easily. Many of us have standards and morals.
    Yes, Courtney. Slutty behavior and cheap gimmicks (like the babytalk and hair twirling) may have gotten you your man, but you got--Ben. I will be very surprised if you last until this summer. I, on the other hand, through adult conversations and high standards got my husband--eight years ago this summer.
    mesachick, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying we don't have the full story and we never will. We do know, from what we saw of Shawntel on the show and in TWTA, that this group can be quite catty when it perceives a threat.

From my own dating experiences, I don't think I'd particularly like a woman who could form the sorority mind-meld like so many appear to do on this show. If she were a little more mature (and I'm in my 40s, so she wouldn't be in my dating pool even if I appealed to models), I could easily see myself choosing a Courtney type over, let's say, the Kacie type. And that would have nothing to do with skinny-dipping (no one wants to see my hairy old ass).
    I think Shawntel held her own pretty well, considering . I think a couple of them went beyond catty, they were downright horrible.
    The rest of your post..
    G.G. and kateb like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    As for Courtney, I seriously think they go well together. They each have cold streaks, seem to have issues with showing emotion, have trouble relating to other people, and neither seem very interested in an instant permanant relationship. Ben abandoned Courtney during the last few months, but I think if the situation were reversed she would do the same to him. They are very, very similiar. The main difference is that at least Courtney combs her hair. I honestly think the relationship between the two of them could work if they are able to get past this media stuff. Think about it, all season we've said how ODD both of them were... maybe oddly enough, this relationship could end up being a happy one for both of them.

Cookie
    about feeling he was gullible, I think he said in ATFR explicitly that he wasn't being gullible.

The part I quoted, I agree with except for the part about a permanent relationship. I think this world view that they may share doesn't see relationships as guaranteed, ever. Maybe that's what you mean by both being ODD and italicizing permanent. My point is you don't need to NOT be seeking a permanent relationship in order to behave that way.

I also think that Ben is kinder (more considerate) of others' feelings, but maybe he appears that way to me because he is more articulate about his thought process.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Multiple sources, multiple interviews with different classmates of hers. It's not ever been refuted as it being otherwise than what these people have said.
    I don't know those people, in the same way that I don't know Courtney (as I suspect most of here don't.) Some people will say/do just about anything for attention (that includes Courtney as well as people who purport to know her.) The truth of it is, none of us will ever know the whole truth about any of it, but all of us will choose what we believe or don't believe. I guess the psychology and speculation of it all is what keeps us coming here.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I don't know those people, in the same way that I don't know Courtney (as I suspect most of here don't.) Some people will say/do just about anything for attention (that includes Courtney as well as people who purport to know her.) The truth of it is, none of us will ever know the whole truth about any of it, but all of us will choose what we believe or don't believe. I guess the psychology and speculation of it all is what keeps us coming here.
    Her actions alone pretty much give credence to what has been said about her. If she were a girl scout, there would be people saying just that, yet there isn't. Sometimes what you read is the truth, and from what I've seen Courtney do, and what I've heard her say, I have no reason to believe she suddenly turned in to a bully the moment she entered the mansion.
    Longhornfan, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

Her ex, actually two of them, have had nothing but nice things to say.
    G.G. and luvlady345 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Her ex, actually two of them, have had nothing but nice things to say.

Yeah but she wanted to be with them, so she had to play nice. It's just what we saw on the show, she was nice to Ben (to his face at least) but not the girls. You sure you aren't gonna watch Emily's season FM? I'm gonna miss you!! At least we still have American Idol and our giant though.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Her actions alone pretty much give credence to what has been said about her. If she were a girl scout, there would be people saying just that, yet there isn't. Sometimes what you read is the truth, and from what I've seen Courtney do, and what I've heard her say, I have no reason to believe she suddenly turned in to a bully the moment she entered the mansion.
    But we're not seeing much. And the ones who are saying something are part of the sorority hive mind.

Doesn't it seem odd that so many of these men and women are willing to participate on a show like B-Pad, when ostensibly they were saying they were ready to settle down and get married when they signed up for Bachelor?

Not everything is what it appears to be in Fleissworld. Fasten your limousine seat belt and get ready for a bumpy ride if you cannot assimilate.
    Rattus likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Closed Thread