Closed Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031
Like Tree935Likes

Thread: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Wasn't it Lindzi who said she received a text breakup? Ben sounded all outraged and sympathetic; but, from that report, he sounds like a serial texter, himself.

He sure wasn't ready for this show. All that stuff about opening up during the Bachelorette was just a crack, not a door or window. He is still as closed off emotionally as he accuses the women of being.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Just saw a short clip with Ben talking to his mom and sister, that will be seen on Monday's finale. His sister told him that a woman who can not get along with other women should be seen as a big red flag. Oh, well, we know how Ben likes to hear that!!!!

But the funniest thing was while watching the clip, Elizabeth Vargas, who does a lot of specials for ABC, was shocked to find out that Ben is this years bachelor, and she said "THAT'S the bachelor?" Apparently Elizabeth has not seen the show. Everyone broke out laughing. I must admit that Ben's hair looked especially bad in that clip, . Elizabeth was sincerely shocked...so very funny.
    Wow, I haven't seen any of these previews ya'll have. Priceless!!
    The only one I saw on TV tonight was about catching more to the story on Good Morning America the next morning; not sure what else they were saying, but I'm sure it was something dramatic!

Posting late, but before tomorrow's final show. I have to say that WTA show was no big surprise to me. I figured they would be bringing Courtney on to make an apology to the girls. JMO, but her apology did not seem sincere to me nor did her fake tears. I compare her tears much like Rachel of Brendon and Rachel from BB.

I still like Emily from this season, but glad she did not end up with Ben. I hoped the episode at least was closure for these woman who thought so much of Ben and now realize that just maybe he was not who they thought he was. I know he turned out to be very different than I thought he originally would be. To bad that they already picked Emily Maynard for the Bachelorette as I never found her to be entertaining in the least so I figure it will be another disappointment. Hope I am wrong. I would have rather seen this season's Emily for it.

Some of the people that are going to be on Bachelor Pad surprised me. I don't always watch that show and not sure about the upcoming one or even when it starts. Until tomorrow hope you all have a good one.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Posting late, but before tomorrow's final show. I have to say that WTA show was no big surprise to me. I figured they would be bringing Courtney on to make an apology to the girls. JMO, but her apology did not seem sincere to me nor did her fake tears. I compare her tears much like Rachel of Brendon and Rachel from BB.

I still like Emily from this season, but glad she did not end up with Ben. I hoped the episode at least was closure for these woman who thought so much of Ben and now realize that just maybe he was not who they thought he was. I know he turned out to be very different than I thought he originally would be. To bad that they already picked Emily Maynard for the Bachelorette as I never found her to be entertaining in the least so I figure it will be another disappointment. Hope I am wrong. I would have rather seen this season's Emily for it.

Some of the people that are going to be on Bachelor Pad surprised me. I don't always watch that show and not sure about the upcoming one or even when it starts. Until tomorrow hope you all have a good one.
    I agree there might have been better choices for the next B'ette from Ben's season than Emily Maynard! But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I also agree w/you on Rachel's tears being so fake - and for the drama.

I don't think all those highlighted on the WTA show are going to be on the Bachelor pad - from what I've heard the cast is not set yet.

I just watched the video of Ellen on 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All!'
    Hysterical!... and the most enjoyable footage of this whole season.

I also enjoyed her interview w/ Ben where she bashes him on how stupid he looks for being manipulated by Courtney. You can tell she struck Ben's nerve... he too is peeved and tries to hide it. You get the sense that they're both talking in past tense. Just like tonight, when Courtney said on stage that she "cared" (not 'cares') for Ben.

So, back to Ellen: for me, her 2 clips are the best entertainment of the season. Thank you to one of the posters her who mentioned Ellen's footage.
    jucamer likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan
    Just saw a short clip with Ben talking to his mom and sister, that will be seen on Monday's finale. His sister told him that a woman who can not get along with other women should be seen as a big red flag. Oh, well, we know how Ben likes to hear that!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg
    Can't believe it (or maybe I can)! Even his sister warns him and he ignores it! Wow, Courtney must have given him the ride of his life in that ocean.
    *sigh* I hate to have to defend Ben in any way, but is it really that unbelievable that once you like someone and others don't that you will continue to like (or love) that person until you don't? I bet almost every single one of us has dated/loved/married someone that a family member(s)/friend(s) didn't like and were warned about possible or GLARING red flags. Thing is, when it comes to romantic relationships that family/friend is probably not privy to every little aspect of that relationship. One cannot know what makes their family member/friend tick and what "does it for them"

So Ben is no different than most people in that regard. Even if he was shown how Courtney was acting/saying, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. I know most of us think his Little Ben was doing the picking, but the heart wants what it wants. Nothing will stop that until the heart catches up to the brain. Like/love/lust is not logical all the time. Sometimes we even know it's not good for us to be with someone and tend to ignore everything else, but for most people~~we stick with it until we don't want to anymore. (Then comes the fun part of realizing that everyone else was right)

Even if Ben had decided Courtney was the "chosen one" after the skinny dipping incident, I can't fault him for that either. Most here have agreed that he shut himself off to the other girls, but he's no different than other leads either. Out of the last few seasons, some of the leads did the same thing. Ali, Brad, Jillian all zeroed in on one person and basically shut down emotionally to the others as well. I'm not sure about Jason, Ashley or Jake. Jason was wishy washy and so was Ashley. Who really knows who they fell for first? As for Jake, I'm not sure if he even likes women.

I will watch the AFTR only and cannot wait to see what everyone has to say about the show. The only thing I want to know is what Julia and his mom think about the skinny dipping. Of course we won't see that, but I'm hoping. Everyone else has thrown Ben under the bus, let them pile it on too and then move on from it.
    Rattus, M_shelll, KatesMom and 1 others like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I don't really fault Ben for liking Courtney the best...she worked the hardest to snag him and gave him everything he was looking for/needing at the time. Skinny dipping = game, set, and match. What I do fault him for, though, is his closed off, defensive, almost hostile attitude when anyone seems to disagree with his choices (the girls pointing out Courtney's faults and how they think she's playing him) or tells him something he doesn't like (Ashley's FRC). It's obvious he doesn't like to have his decisions questioned, and his 'tread lightly' comment was rude and unnecessary IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but women come off bitchy because they are. Not all women, of course, but when you get a big group together, the fur will fly.
    I currently work at a company that employs a majority of women. I get thrown under the bus on a regular basis. I feel like I'm back in high school sometimes.
    I'm really sorry for getting this in late, but I moved last week and didn't have TV or internet until now.

Girl, give me a big hug! I'm a teacher, which is another female-dominated profession. Honestly, there have been times when I've told hubby, "I don't know who are the bigger children at my job, my co-workers or the students!" Since I just keep my head down and try to do my job, without getting involved in any nastiness, I usually get thrown under the bus, too.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't really fault Ben for liking Courtney the best...she worked the hardest to snag him and gave him everything he was looking for/needing at the time. Skinny dipping = game, set, and match.
    I read the same thing in a blog comment. As much as I hate to admit, you're both right.

What I do fault him for, though, is his closed off, defensive, almost hostile attitude when anyone seems to disagree with his choices (the girls pointing out Courtney's faults and how they think she's playing him) or tells him something he doesn't like (Ashley's FRC). It's obvious he doesn't like to have his decisions questioned, and his 'tread lightly' comment was rude and unnecessary IMO.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm really sorry for getting this in late, but I moved last week and didn't have TV or internet until now.

Girl, give me a big hug! I'm a teacher, which is another female-dominated profession. Honestly, there have been times when I've told hubby, "I don't know who are the bigger children at my job, my co-workers or the students!" Since I just keep my head down and try to do my job, without getting involved in any nastiness, I usually get thrown under the bus, too.
    I am sorry to hear/read that Babbred. Thats just wrong.

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread