Closed Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree935Likes

Thread: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Ouch! Yeah I wasn't buying into Courtney's fake emotions at all. Her eyes weren't red, or swelling with tears or anything. Courtney is just a big fake mess, and she got called out on it.
    She was probably smirking and laughing as that limo took her away. I knew she'd get out of the whole confrontation with a bunch of fake apologies and a lip tremble now and then. She really never had to address anything specific, especially the skinny-dipping seduction plan, as well as her saying that she would never want to be friends with any of them, as if they are inferior beings, so either the other women were not allowed to question her specifically (except that Blakely kept bringing up the stripper remark), or they did and it was edited out. She got off easy, in my opinion.
    Midol likes this.

Rattus I kind of agree with you. I keep reminding myself that Ben never said he was in a hurry to get married, and knowing as I do that this show is pretty pathetic at actually producing a true love story, I am fully convinced Ben went with what he needed/wanted right now, which was the ego boost and physical gratification of having a model appear to have the hots for you. I don't expect either one sees this as true love forever. I'll be surprised if they make it past the ATFR. Outside of the bubble that is The Bachelor, the relationships established on this show rarely last whether they are built on "love" or "lust" frankly. It's the nature of the beast.
    Rattus, Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Rattus I kind of agree with you. I keep reminding myself that Ben never said he was in a hurry to get married, and knowing as I do that this show is pretty pathetic at actually producing a true love story, I am fully convinced Ben went with what he needed/wanted right now, which was the ego boost and physical gratification of having a model appear to have the hots for you. I don't expect either one sees this as true love forever. I'll be surprised if they make it past the ATFR. Outside of the bubble that is The Bachelor, the relationships established on this show rarely last whether they are built on "love" or "lust" frankly. It's the nature of the beast.
    I think he found her attractive, model or not. I know when I see someone I find attractive, I dont much care what they do. He has said that its lust then friendship. Oh well. I dont buy he needed an ego boost, albeit this has always been a side effect be it The bachelor or the bachelorette

And good post Rattus .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Uck, that just gave me a headache, this whole season is failblog worthy, and someone call Lifetime movie network, Courtney is ready for her debut

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    For someone who has no particular interest in Ben, either pro or con, I seem to be sticking up for him an awful lot, and here I go again . Many decent, kind and interesting people, male and female, have been momentarily blinded by lust for a bad girl/boy. That doesn't make them irredeemable. I have to say that I am impressed that, apparently, no one else posting here ever had a short-term relationship with someone who was just no damned good, and moved directly into marriage with a salt of the earth sort, but I had my run with the devil and I try not to make a habit of dismissing others who have done the same.
    That is so true. Thanks for the reminder.

Though I'm still mad about Ben not being held accountable for his thoughtlessness about the other women for his water scene. (I'm at work and am afraid to be more detailed than that.)
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    But where would I hang my clothes? :P

I keep vowing to start PVRing on the basement TV where all the equipment that "Of course I will use this if we buy it" is. I think I will watch Survivor via treadmill tomorrow and see how that works out.
    I had to laugh because guess what I have hanging on my treadmill? ... Laundry. However, I must admit it is no longer working, but when it did, I always had it in front of the TV because then I just didn't seem to notice that I was working out to my favourite shows. I am still loathe to get rid off it not only because it will be a pain to drag upstairs and out to the garbage, but precisely because it is handy for those extra few bobs of laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Personally I have no problem with him not wanting to get married out of this show and if that had been his only problem...other than that he is boring and his hair is a mess, I would not take issue, in fact I would probably applaud him. But it was how disrespectfully he handled the other women that was, and is, my problem. Add that to the hypocracy of saying he wants someone who gets along with others and when he is told that Courtney doesn't...more than once, including by her...he gets pissed. Doesn't mean that he is a horrible person and can't ever change. Just means that at this time, under this circumstance, I don't care much for him and think that he is a horny, juvenile, frat boy who doesn't give a rats ass about anyone other than himself.

He went in this to promote his winery...and I have no problem with that either...and maybe to have some fun. He now seems to be ticked off that things hadn't gone quite according to plan and that the woman he seems to have chosen has made him a laughing stock. Apparently, he is again sticking his head in the sand and instead of dealing with it, he is ignoring it, hoping it will all go away.

Hopefully he can grow up and become a better person, but as he is now, I agree with Emily and any smart woman wouldn't want to be with him.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    For someone who has no particular interest in Ben, either pro or con, I seem to be sticking up for him an awful lot, and here I go again . Many decent, kind and interesting people, male and female, have been momentarily blinded by lust for a bad girl/boy. That doesn't make them irredeemable. I have to say that I am impressed that, apparently, no one else posting here ever had a short-term relationship with someone who was just no damned good, and moved directly into marriage with a salt of the earth sort, but I had my run with the devil and I try not to make a habit of dismissing others who have done the same.
    oh hell I did..and have admitted to it many times I share 2 children with him...so yes I know full well how easily someone can be fooled but you can't stay that way forever..sooner or later their true colors come out..now for the average person who doesn't have a tv camera recording their every movement for 6 weeks to record those bad moments its takes us a while longer to figure it out...but I really and trully don't know how even LUST can overcome what has been shown on tv since the show started and last night was more of a convection that Courtney showed us her real self on the show..she has no feelings and everything she did on that stage was fake EXCEPT the smirk on her face when she left while hugging CH..that said it all
    Midol likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reneemac View Post
    This article was in the Los Angeles Times this morning -

Are your ears still ringing? Because mine certainly are, after all of the high-pitched screeching and whining that went down on tonight's "Women Tell All" episode of "The Bachelor."

There was so much talking over one another and name-calling and tear-shedding that it was difficult for me to make it through the entire two episodes. Even worse, I sat through a nine-hour-long day -- yes, really --during which the episode was filmed so I could bring you guys the behind-the-scenes dish. And frankly, I think some of it is far more interesting than what made it to air tonight.

So, without further ado, here are five things you didn't see during Monday's episode:

1. Chris Harrison almost passed out. When the show's host began the day, he told the crowd he wasn't feeling well and he apologized repeatedly for his raspy voice. It was evident he was eager to keep things moving along at a rapid pace, and seemed more annoyed than usual when the ladies began talking over one another. Then, moments after Courtney came on stage and began crying, Chris took a break. It was a perplexing time for him to depart the stage, considering Courtney had just begun to get choked up, and I assumed he'd want to milk the emotion. When he didn't return after an hour, everyone began scratching their heads -- and then, suddenly, show creator Mike Fleiss came backstage to tell a handful of journalists that Chris had fallen ill. "He almost fainted," Fleiss explained. "He had to lie down and get an IV with fluids." Like a true professional, Chris eventually made it back to the stage to finish up, albeit with a pallid appearance.

2. A private conversation between Courtney and a show producer went public. During Chris’ temporary hiatus, one of the show’s producers went over to comfort Courtney, who was clearly very distraught after being attacked by numerous ladies. I was sitting backstage with a group of other journalists, watching the taping on a remote monitor. While Chris was gone, the camera and microphones were left on on-stage, and so the press was accidentally privvy to the intimate conversation. Courtney complained she felt like a deer in the headlights, and said she’d expected at least one of the women to come to her defense.

“But I didn’t play with my hair once. Aren’t you proud?” she added.

“Yes,” the producer replied. “That was good.”

The staffer tried to distract Courtney by talking to her about the kind of cigarettes she smokes -- American Spirits, apparently -- and the model soon began to feel better.

“I’m not feeling very emotional anymore,” she said, her tears dispersing. “You made me feel better. I appreciate it.”

Then, she began to fret about coming off as too cold: “I don’t know if I can show that emotion again,” she fretted.

*edited by JavaJo for possible spoiler. You can read the quote by following the link below*Interesting.

3. Jamie over-shared. You know Jamie, the girl who awkwardly straddled Ben and gave him an instructional kissing lesson before being sent home this season? It was bad enough that she embarrassed herself on Monday’s episode by telling Ben that she’d be his sloppy seconds if things don’t work out with his final pick. But then she began sharing very personal details about her upbringing in an effort to explain her behavior this season, and things just got awkward. She revealed she grew up in an abusive home with guns and drinking, and later gained custody of her younger siblings. “I think you’re a fabulous guy, and I really wanted to get to know you,” she told a shell-shocked Ben. “But I just felt so much pressure to hide all of that. The whole kiss thing was me trying to grab your attention.” Yikes.

4. Many of the women insinuated Ben only liked Courtney because she's a model. Samantha -- who, let’s face it, nobody even remembered before the reunion -- felt especially strong about this. When Jamie suggested that Ben’s eyes lit up any time Courtney came in, Samantha responded: “Um, yeah, because she was a model. Ben came out of this wanting to say he [slept with] a model, and that was it,” she concluded.

In an interview following the taping -- posted below -- Emily basically said the same thing, only in a more polite fashion.

“Do I think there was some draw because she was a model?” Emily mused. “I mean, there's no question. I think he's a man, and he has a penis, so that's how it's gonna go. Maybe he turned a few blind eyes. He looked away, and there she was on the cover of Fitness, and that's what he focused on.”

5. Ben complained about his "Bachelor" duties. After completing a round of interviews with the media following the "Women Tell All" show, Ben exhaled and went over to vent to a group of show insiders. "One more of these [expletive] things and I'm done," he said, likely referring to the then-impending "After the Final Rose" taping. "I have so many better things to do with my life."

Nice.

'The Bachelor' recap: Five things you didn't see on 'Women Tell All' - latimes.com
    Wow, very interesting! How did this writer get to say all of this, I wonder? Don't they make everyone vow/promise not to divulge certain things?
    Haha- bet Fleiss, et al, are a little mad! Love it.

I saw an interview clip w/Ben backstage, also from LATimes - I don't know if it was filmed before or after, and when he complained a little bit about not having his "fun" side shown on the show - saying he was not that boring as he was shown, the interviewer said something like, "Oh you're being pulled away here" and he said that's because I'm being negative about the edit.... He also tried to say being a model was a deterrant, that he told producers no models, hair/makeup/fashion types - that he only got past the model thing w/Courtney because of her personality. Oh, and he asked the interviewer if she'd ever met any of the other "villains" and if they're really that bad in real life ... no, they're just regular people. He mentioned a few villains, but left out the likes of Vienna! I can try to put a link if it works (apologies if someone's done this already or if it's been discussed elsewhere and I missed it): Ben Flajnik: 'The Bachelor' editors gave me a 'raw deal' [Video] - latimes.com

I thought the girls looked very pretty last night (except for the few who were too fake-tan), which was a good "take that" for Ben! Some of their behaviors were embarrassing though. Courtney's act was just what I expected - good enough to convince some people, not enough for others. What about when she said she "carED" about Ben? Oops!
    fireflyer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    oh hell I did..and have admitted to it many times I share 2 children with him...so yes I know full well how easily someone can be fooled but you can't stay that way forever..sooner or later their true colors come out..now for the average person who doesn't have a tv camera recording their every movement for 6 weeks to record those bad moments its takes us a while longer to figure it out...but I really and trully don't know how even LUST can overcome what has been shown on tv since the show started and last night was more of a convection that Courtney showed us her real self on the show..she has no feelings and everything she did on that stage was fake EXCEPT the smirk on her face when she left while hugging CH..that said it all
    What a thought!

I said a whole lot more but decided better than to reveal so much.

I thought the girls looked very pretty last night (except for the few who were too fake-tan), which was a good "take that" for Ben!
    Really? I thought that was, what's my next gig on TV. Bachelor Pad maybe.? Who's the next Bachelor after Emily, pick me. I doubt the thought of take that Ben went through their heads After all, most of them have swapped spit with him.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-06-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread