Closed Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree935Likes

Thread: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/5 Bachelor 16: WTA or WTN **West Coast Spoilers**

Thanks for posting that Reneemac.

Nothing too surprising, but I guess it still makes me think about the whole show as a whole, now that the very things so many of us have been saying all along are totally true. Courtney is a fake, and Ben could care less. I'd take Brad for a third season, or even Jake back, instead of ever having to see Ben on my screen again. Ben is an ass. He is absolutely the worst Bachelor ever. Thank goodness this sham is almost over.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Interesting read....It serves to further illustrate how produced every emotion really is....not that I had much doubt.
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont think he's as dumb as he's made out to be, he had half of that lot in loooooove with him
    With men, usually, what you see is what you get.....and that's exactly what there is to them. Women tend to try to mold themselves into what they think the men want. We tend to put a lot more thought into what we do, play games, and end up kicking ourselves for wasting our time!

When you ask a guy what he's thinking, like we tend to do, and he says, "Nuthin'," (in that flat, charming way).....BELIEVE HIM!!!

I, too, would like to punch Courtney in that ugly overbite of hers!
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Very interesting read, thanks. So definitely the emotion was primarily faked on Courtney's part, in an attempt to redeem herself and, apparently, Ben for choosing her.

I feel like Elaine from Seinfeld...."fake, fake, fake, fake.....fake"

The whole season has been a disaster IMO. Ben is clearly defensive, p*ssed off, and over it. Courtney is fake. The other girls were either shrieking harpies or most likely wishing they could exit stage left asap. Even Chris is "sick" of it (get it... hahahah).

Blech.

As much as I didn't care for the Nascar Princess, bring on her show and her men. I can only hope they make her show some personality. Well, at least the guys usually do and somehow it is generally a better vibe than what the girls bring on this show.

If Courtney is indeed the one, I predict the ATFR will be very interesting. Either Ben will be in full defense mode or he'll throw her under the bus. I'm kind of hoping for the latter actually, to see if she could produce any real tears for that scene.
    dzigner, kateb and mariewin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Interesting read....It serves to further illustrate how produced every emotion really is....not that I had much doubt.
    Good point
    Every -single- thing is manipulated

I wont watch Emily, and her desperate season/journey of wanting to find love, and the guys that really want face time. I doubt I will bother with this show again.

At one point last night, I thought why am I watching these women, bitch and complain about each other .Pick each other apart? Who does that? I couldn't answer myself, or give a good enough reason to put up with this show again. I said that after I watched Michelle Money and TWA, but I did. Not anymore. The WTA its still very much edited, and scripted.

Women also come off looking bitchy, in Survivor, in Celebrity Apprentice. There's a reason for that.
    I think Amazing race is the only show that proves women are just as fine, and as competitive as men. The other shows I mentioned, imnsho belittle us.
    spockwhat and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ben's Blog is posted in his thread. Interesting to contrast his blog with that in the LA Times posted up thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by reneemac View Post
    2. A private conversation between Courtney and a show producer went public. During Chris’ temporary hiatus, one of the show’s producers went over to comfort Courtney, who was clearly very distraught after being attacked by numerous ladies. I was sitting backstage with a group of other journalists, watching the taping on a remote monitor. While Chris was gone, the camera and microphones were left on on-stage, and so the press was accidentally privvy to the intimate conversation. Courtney complained she felt like a deer in the headlights, and said she’d expected at least one of the women to come to her defense.

“But I didn’t play with my hair once. Aren’t you proud?” she added.

“Yes,” the producer replied. “That was good.”

The staffer tried to distract Courtney by talking to her about the kind of cigarettes she smokes -- American Spirits, apparently -- and the model soon began to feel better.

“I’m not feeling very emotional anymore,” she said, her tears dispersing. “You made me feel better. I appreciate it.”

Then, she began to fret about coming off as too cold: “I don’t know if I can show that emotion again,” she fretted.

“You have to,” the producer said. “This is for you. [Possible spoiler alert!] This is for you and Ben.”

Interesting.
    Lots of yikes-worthy stuff in there but this is funny!

Sorry Chris got it ill. He was dealing with sme pretty sickening stuff.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FannyMare
    Women also come off looking bitchy, in Survivor, in Celebrity Apprentice. There's a reason for that.
    I think Amazing race is the only show that proves women are just as fine, and as competitive as men. The other shows I mentioned, imnsho belittle us.
    I agree with you on this... though I do think it is less production 'manipulating' things and more about who they pick to have on the show. (They look for women who are looking for drama, are off-kilter, or just plain bitchy) because that is what gets people talking and watching, too often. Alicia for example, on Survivor. I hate seeing women represented at their very worst, but ratings is all it's ever about.

I do think both Survivor and the Amazing Race are "equal opportunity" with the nutcases they pick. Some of the worst villians on both shows are male... and they've had some women who are heroes, so I'll give Survivor a break here.

I've never actually watched a version of the bachelorette, besides Trista's... and that was so long ago, I don't remember if the guys are as flaky as the women tend to be.
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

Yes, I think you are right.I was just thinking about survivor this time around, men vs women, although, as you say, there are nut cases on both teams. 'This bachelor show just seems so bloody cruel. I just saw an interview with Emily after the show, the things she said about Ben( keeping in mind this girl is smart) you would think she is talking about a different guy. If Ben is deep, as she said, it would be boring to show us that side I guess. I dont know, and whats more, I dont care anymore
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know, and whats more, I dont care anymore
    I agree, Fanny. Glad this train wreck will be over shortly.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Closed Thread