Closed Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 378
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #351
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Last night I saw the commercial you are referencing. What I found most intriguing was Ben's reaction to what she told him. He flat out acknowledges that he's been being played.
    Okay, this is bizarre. We do hear Ben asking the question "Am I getting played?", but I am betting that Courtney will somehow talk her way out of this. In Monday's episode there is also a short clip showing a conversation between Ben and Courtney discussing how he did observe her catty behavior with the girls. But, I just can't see Lindzie and Nicki as Ben's F2....no way!!! Courtney is the only one that Ben wants....she had him at "Hello, I am a model".
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 02-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    judkay, ilja, Pandora2 and 1 others like this.

  2. #352
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Okay, this is bizarre. We do hear Ben asking the question "Am I getting played?", but I am betting that Courtney will somehow talk her way out of this. In Monday's episode there is also a short clip showing a conversation between Ben and Courtney discussing how he did observe her catty behavior with the girls. But, I just can't see Lindzie and Nicki as Ben's F2....no way!!! Courtney is the only one that Ben wants....she had him at "Hello, I am a model".
    Yes, I don't think he acknowledges that he's been played. He just questions whether he might have been. I think that's when the conversation with Courtney takes place. We saw a little of it on the previews. With her sweet little baby voice, she tells him apologetically that maybe she wasn't as nice to the other girls as she could have been. I seriously doubt that the "warning" Ben receives is enough to dissuade him from having sex with a model for the next few months, especially since sweet little Courtney's fake lips spew out a fake apology. I wish the rejected contestants would just refuse to come back to issue these dire warnings to "save the lead from making a terrible mistake." That scenario has played itself out, and the returning one is just regarded as having sour grapes more than they are appreciated for having the best interests of the lead in mind.

  3. #353
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    AlwaysVeg, I agree with what you said. I am sure that the "handlers" for the rejected contestants who agree to "come back" are totally manipulated while being driven around for hours in the limo. They seem to prey upon those people who might be the most vunerable at the time. I seem to remember that Jeremy Anderson's handler (or one of the producers) told him that DeAnna was having second thoughts about letting him go and persuaded him to go back and talk to her again. As it turned out, that was not true. I think that the same thing pretty much happened to Reid as well. And, I think that they also get a kick out of blindsiding the lead with the returning contestants too....this makes for good tv.

    It doesn't seem like the producers even care to keep this kind of information under wraps until Monday night anymore. I think that they are "leaking", so to speak, a lot of stuff this season that once would have never been heard of. There is already a possible spoiler about the WTA that has been leaked on a website, and it is being said that the producers are breaking the rules....it's never been done before in the bachelor/bachelorette history. If this is true, I bet that this little nugget will get "leaked" soon as well.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

  4. #354
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    419

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    I don't buy that Ben is into Courtney just because she's a model. If that was all he cared about, he could have just hooked up with Jennifer Love Hewitt for a couple of weeks and been done with it. He wasn't interested in her enough to hang out with her for more than one dinner from reports, so to think he only likes Courtney because she's a model, just doesn't ring true to me. JLH would have been a much better catch, if he was that superficial.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  5. #355
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    I thought it was hilarious that Courtney's vows contained lines straight from Carrie Bradshaw in SATC. Relatively few men are SATC fans, so she could be safe in knowing Ben wouldn't recognize those lines. However, either she is too stupid to realize that many thousands, or hundreds of thousands, of women watching the show would remember them, or she was blatantly "auditioning" for casting agents as you say, dearestone...another way of playing Ben and using this whole experience for her own personal gain and nothing more. The other funny part is that those lines came from Carrie's BREAK-UP speech. They were not wedding vows or even a declaration of love.

    As far as Jennifer Love Hewitt, unless someone here has any inside info as to what happened on that date, we just don't know. I read that she was paying attention to a lot of other people on that date because apparently she attracted fans wherever they were, so perhaps Ben didn't appreciate NOT being the center of attention. So far, with Courtney, on this TV show, he IS the center of the universe, and she is going all out to "win" him. I doubt if JLH was doing that, as much as she might have liked to get to know him better. She probably also didn't strip and take him skinny-dipping.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 02-25-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Longhornfan, Midol and Babbred like this.

  6. #356
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    Using Carrie's words was hilarious and I'm very curious about the back story on that. Was it her idea? Did she think she was just being cute, or that no one would notice? Very odd.

    And in terms of previous folks coming back, I agree that has run its course. I have always wondered whether DeAnna's speech to Jason helped deter him from "following his heart" with Molly, since she apparently did that with Jesse and that failed miserably.

    But I wasn't on FORT then so all I knew was what I saw on TV... I was so innocent then.

  7. #357
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,205

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    I don't buy that Ben is into Courtney just because she's a model. If that was all he cared about, he could have just hooked up with Jennifer Love Hewitt for a couple of weeks and been done with it. He wasn't interested in her enough to hang out with her for more than one dinner from reports, so to think he only likes Courtney because she's a model, just doesn't ring true to me. JLH would have been a much better catch, if he was that superficial.
    That's what my thought are. I am glad I am not thinking this alone.

    As for the vows .Production definitely set all that up .It's pretty easy to spot what they do

  8. #358
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,140

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    I don't buy that Ben is into Courtney just because she's a model. If that was all he cared about, he could have just hooked up with Jennifer Love Hewitt for a couple of weeks and been done with it. He wasn't interested in her enough to hang out with her for more than one dinner from reports, so to think he only likes Courtney because she's a model, just doesn't ring true to me. JLH would have been a much better catch, if he was that superficial.
    Who's to say that JLH just wasn't all that in to him? I am sure she saw after that one date, what we are seeing. A big huge snorefest. I would be willing to bet that she was not interested in a second date with him.
    waywyrd, navybelle, JavaJo and 4 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  9. #359
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    I don't buy that Ben is into Courtney just because she's a model. If that was all he cared about, he could have just hooked up with Jennifer Love Hewitt for a couple of weeks and been done with it. He wasn't interested in her enough to hang out with her for more than one dinner from reports, so to think he only likes Courtney because she's a model, just doesn't ring true to me. JLH would have been a much better catch, if he was that superficial.
    Ben went out with Jennifer Love Hewitt??
    Are you kidding?
    Wow!! He really is a fool, then, isn't he? Sorry, Fanny Mare, I know you like him.
    What the heck does he see in Courtney?
    Sorry, but I don't even find her remotely attractive.
    mesachick and jucamer like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #360
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

    He was offered the role as bachelor. A few pictures in the rags hanging with Jen or his own show and tons of cover stories in the rags. Hmmm...
    Longhornfan likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.