Closed Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I agree...I also know men who feel deeply and have a hard time verbalizing, however, this is not a normal situation. I also don't know Ben, but I highly doubt that in the short time he spent with Ashley, Emily, Casey, etc. he developed such a depth of feeling that is between you and your husband. Other than the fantasy suite with Ashley, he never even spent any time alone with any of these women. They are constantly surrounded by producers, sound men, cameras...and I know they say that they don't even notice them any more...but still, any logical person would reason that this is not reality, particularly when this is your second go around and know what to expect and how manipulated/edited it can become.

While I don't expect Ben to go Rah, Rah, you picked someone else, I don't expect him to be so cold and frankly rude about it either. I don't think anyone else ever has been. I also, don't expect him to be so dismissive of others. I guess I expect a little warmth and interest when the women are talking to him about important events/people in their lives. The only time he has perked up at all is when Courtney offered to go skinny dipping with him or when she took off her top at that village and he had the nerve to suggest that he wished the others did too.

I guess what I am saying is that he seems to lack maturity, depth, empathy, and even interest in other people...unless they are getting naked. He should have realised with Ashely that he might not be the one...Others since the show have said it was clear her preference was with JP...so why he should be so surprised that he was rejected is beyond me. We can go on about producer manipulation all we want, being humiliated in front of millions of people who watch the show, etc., and if that had been the only time he acted that way I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but he has displayed similar behaviour multiple time this season as well, so I think this is just him. Hopefully, he will improve with age!

By the way ... You're a very lucky woman to have such a man and may you have many more years together. I should be so lucky.
    Very well said, Midol.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    No, the other women did not see them skinny dipping. Yes, it was creative editing for the previews.
    You beat me to it. In the actual episode, there was never any footage of the women viewing B & C while they did the deed. If it looked like that in the preivews, then yes, that was the Fleissmaster once again pulling our strings. I might add that in their exit interviews, the women who have been eliminated have stated that none of the other women knew about the skinny dipping, so this must be terribly humiliating for them to watch now. Another reason for me to despise Ben.
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    You beat me to it. In the actual episode, there was never any footage of the women viewing B & C while they did the deed. If it looked like that in the preivews, then yes, that was the Fleissmaster once again pulling our strings. I might add that in their exit interviews, the women who have been eliminated have stated that none of the other women knew about the skinny dipping, so this must be terribly humiliating for them to watch now. Another reason for me to despise Ben.
    Not really Emily said it was not that big of a deal, and they should have had a group skinny dip.

It was nice of Fleiss to make it look like everyone saw, what a sicko. All sorts of posts about how could they do that in front of everyone! now its bad he didn't.Color me confused

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I agree and that is why he's attracted to the type of person Courtney seems to be. Besides her beauty, I believe he's sincerely interested in her quirkiness because he's quirky/a bit odd, as well.

As far as I'm concerned, if he chooses her, their relationship just could work. (Bleh. They can have each other.)

Yes , we wouldnt want it to work out would we? LOL .Given this show tinderbox, I doubt it will.It will fizzle like most of them do. I want to see it all play out, the angst of the return girl who will warn Ben yet again, the WTA and ATFR, although I am not excited per se, and havent been about this show for some time. I have watched it this long, I may as well finish it off .

FORT Fogey

I saw on a commercial who the woman is who comes back to see Ben. Has everyone seen that? Don't want to say in case it's a spoiler.

Yes, I saw that, as well. And what do you think will come of it? I don't like when one comes back. They need to come up with new scenarios. The show is getting really stale.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

they showed the commerical on GMA this morning so I doubt it would be what you would call a spoiler at this point
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Last night I saw the commercial you are referencing. What I found most intriguing was Ben's reaction to what she told him. He flat out acknowledges that he's been being played.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I don't watch much television (other than reality shows). I don't even WATCH The Bachelor - I just follow it here. LOL. Can someone post a spoiler as to who the mystery guest is?

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I was thinking that too. Everyone would be so fake and phony not knowing whether the camera was on them. The show would fall apart
    I love your avatar. Reminds me of a line in the Little Rascals movie that Darla says: I hate your stinking guts....you make me vomit.....your scum between my toes. That may be what Courtney says to Ben if she isn't the F1.
    jucamer and jenniferboston1 like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Closed Thread