Closed Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Bachelor 16: Hometowns **West Coast Spoilers**

I would love to see this show tweak the format and give us candid moments
    I would as well . But then they lose control , so that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I'd still like to see what would happen if the bachelor/b'ette were allowed to see some of what goes on in the house as it unfolds. Of course you could only do this for one season, but damn that would be fun!
    It would be a refreshing change, but again, I dont see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I'd still like to see what would happen if the bachelor/b'ette were allowed to see some of what goes on in the house as it unfolds. Of course you could only do this for one season, but damn that would be fun!

I agree - as long as the women were not privy to it. If not, think of all of the oscar caliber performances
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

Yeah, that's why they could do it only once.. before the women/men knew what was going on.

It just makes me wonder if that might affect the ultimate choice at all. I'm pretty sure that would have scared Ben away from Courtney but who really knows -- his picker might not be turned off by that. Because IF he picks her and they're still together, who knows whether watching the show is having any sort of impact? Lust is even more blind than love.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    The fact that he and Kacie had such a good connection whenever they were together, makes him sound very callous, to not give more explanation for letting her go. He seemed to enjoy the times they spent together, and it's like letting her leave meant very little to him. He comes off looking very cold and uncaring. Maybe it has to do with his "hot" connection to Coutney. Kacie is one lucky gal to be out of there. AND, he deserves Courtney.
    I think Ben is cold and uncaring. There is nothing warm about this guy that I can see, and I had a feeling he would act like the empty suit that he is. Courtney is similar and so they are well suited.

I doubt that things are edited to make Ben appear so callous ... I just think he is. I was disturbed by the way he reacted to Ashley's rejection. He was not upset that she said no and wanting her (someone he supposedly loved) to be happy, but was really angry. I'm convinced it's because she humiliated him.
    No class. Ben and Courtney are both totally self-wound and so seem to fit.
    RoxyKnox and jucamer like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think Ben is cold and uncaring. There is nothing warm about this guy that I can see, and I had a feeling he would act like the empty suit that he is. Courtney is similar and so they are well suited.

I doubt that things are edited to make Ben appear so callous ... I just think he is. I was disturbed by the way he reacted to Ashley's rejection. He was not upset that she said no and wanting her (someone he supposedly loved) to be happy, but was really angry. I'm convinced it's because she humiliated him.
    In Ben's defense he said he was blindsided by Chris bringing Casey to his room and was not prepared. He though he could have done better, too. He did say, the heart wants what the heart wants and that was a way of saying it was okay, he understood.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Yeah, that's why they could do it only once.. before the women/men knew what was going on.
    The outcome could be the same I forget how many minutes it takes for you to connect with another person, but once you have it, there is nobody else in that room, regardless of what this shows tries to do.

I am glad Kacie has gone, I think Nikki is in love with being in love. But there isnt going to be any one other than Courtney , since those two connected right away. It's that simple Its sort of like the speed dating, where my gf met and married her hubby. She knew within minutes they had a connection, and she only went through the motions of talking with the other men.
    Pandora2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    In Ben's defense he said he was blindsided by Chris bringing Casey to his room and was not prepared. He though he could have done better, too. He did say, the heart wants what the heart wants and that was a way of saying it was okay, he understood.
    I thought he handled that well OTOH CH, not so much immo
    Shoepie likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

[QUOTE=echo226;4433342]I think Ben is cold and uncaring. There is nothing warm about this guy that I can see, and I had a feeling he would act like the empty suit that he is. Courtney is similar and so they are well suited.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Well, I am sure that is true that he was blindsided by Chris, but still, the man is a college graduate, no? He appears to lack even the simplest communication skills, imo. Everything about his demeanor is cold and aloof. But I recall that his mother seemed to give off a very cold vibe when he and Ashley visited for the hometown date last year. So perhaps the apple doesn't fall from the tree? Last year I thought it was sweet how Ben missed his late Dad and looked up to him and wanted to make him proud. But at the FRC with Ashley, when he displayed that temper (which we've seen this season with his 'tread lightly' comments) I began to see a different Ben. I think he may have been humiliated, true, but he was seething. He doesn't seem to care about any of the ladies and what they are saying. Kacie reveals that her grandpa died and her grandma was so forlorn that she died shortly thereafter of a broken heart. I think Ben responded with an "oh." Absolutely lacking in empathy or any type of communication skills. I truly believe that Ben is a classic narcissist. Everything is always about how so and so will fit into his life, will make a good partner for him. It's a 2 way street.

What we are seeing with Ben is a just a blase attitude. I think this opportunity went to his head and he's just full of himself. What he says goes... and no explanation is needed, as far as he's concerned

I will reserve judgment on that. When he talks openly, then I will agree, or not LOL

FORT Fogey

I like Ben. Just as much this season as last season. I don't consider him overly confident or even blase. He strikes me as being very much in touch with who he is - good and bad. He speaks and acts accordingly.

He has a purety about him that way. He is one of the most honest and together bachelors the show has ever had (which is likely the reason there hasn't been much drama this season as in past seasons).

I'm not a Courtney fan, but if he chooses her in the end, I'd be ok with it. He knows what works for him and what doesn't. It may not be to viewers' tastes, but as long as he is open and honest about things, I'm completely ok with it.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-23-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    luvlady345 and Fanny Mare like this.

Closed Thread