Closed Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

Thread: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/13 Bachelor 16 Show Thread: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    This was KatesMom's response to AlwaysVeg's post:

I agree that it is Ben's life, and his decision, but I don't think it is wrong to find it interesting as to what he comments about, and what he doesn't comment about in his blog when he sees the show. I think our values give us different perspectives, so it's fun to see what his perspective is, as well as to read what all of our perspectives are about his perspective! If I were Ben blogging, my values would dictate that I would comment that I wasn't comfortable with Courtney's unwillingness to accept Emily's apology, and that I wasn't comfortable with her saying things like, "wouldn't wanna be ya," ... so yeah, I, too, want to hear how he justifies keeping her thus far, because now he's been able to see her the way we've seen her.
    That's how I see it, too. The fact of the matter is that his blogs just ignore what really stands out to most viewers in each episode ... the apology that was rejected, the PI with Courtney "shooting" the other girls, the junior high "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya" in her baby girl sing-song lunatic voice, etc. Funny, every bizarre thing he ignores involves Courtney. And yes, they are obviously BIZARRE things that have a huge impact on the events of this show. There's no mistake that this is the Courtney show, and Ben's blogs ignore all her craziness. That's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    The fact of the matter is that his blogs just ignore what really stands out to most viewers in each episode ... .
    and when he does mention them, it is only in the context of how it affected him, e.g. when Courtney paraded behind Jamie in her bathing suit distracting him.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    I don't think they care if we root for the couple. They just want us to talk about it. They like that Kelly and whoever is her partner recite the stupid conversations on this show the next day. If they actually show people falling in love it is much harder to make fun of. If a couple really falls for each other they might show part of that, like they did with JP and Ashley, but only after the stupid stuff is done and there are less people around. I think they gave up on the idea of a love story a long time ago. Heck at first a good percentage of the couples actually dated for a while (Andrew and Jen, Trista and Ryan, Meredith and Ian, Charlie and Sarah) and while only one marriage happened they did have an actual relationship. Now, I think we are amazed when they even make it through the AFTR. The focus of the show is on travel and personalities now, not really on love. If love happens, that is cool, but it is really just a secondary by-product.
    I actually read an interview with Chris today on the RealityTV site and that is exactly what he said. They want to have a couple who the audience cheers for and he specified Trista and Ryan and Ashley and JP, or they want someone people talk about like Ben and Courtney, even if it is in a negative way...which he acknowledged is happening. What they don't want is people who are ho hum and nobody cares about one way or another.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

I think he chooses Courtney because he's not really ready to settle down - he just wants some eye candy that makes him look like a better catch than he is and who he can travel around with and have fun. IMO, he and Courtney are both very immature and lacking in common social skills. They both come off to me as people who think they are really mature and even come off that way to others at first glance, but when you look deeper you see that it's a facade. Extreme self-centeredness is a classic sign of immaturity, and they are both very self-centered.
    Coco46 and Midol like this.

Just throwing in my two cents here. I know that Courtney was going to stay. She would not be my choice because while I know there are edits to the show she is guilty of what came out of her mouth. My impression of her is that she is very odd. Never a person I could ever be friends with. I find her to be a nasty, mean person. That's just my opinion and no disrespect to anyone who may like her. Ben, knows how the other girls saw her and apparently I see her the same way they do. Maybe Ben is a different guy then I originally thought. Maybe he is very much liker her and that is what he finds so attractive. It's his life, his choice, and doesn't impact me other than it is a television show. I am still finding it a boring season for me. I am not seeing a lot of deep conversations going on. Not sure what it is, but this season just feels different for me.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I do not get why Courtney stands out to Ben more than the others. She is no cuter than the other girls there, and most definitely not nicer than them.

Ben seems like a true idiot. He tries really hard to care and show any sort of emotion, but he just does not have any real social skills at all, and he is truly unattractive both physically and emotionally.

I hope that he chooses Courtney and they go away together somewhere. They deserve each other, and all the other girls this season deserve way better than this dolt.
    They are a lot of other gals that are way prettier than Courtney........I don't think Courtney is pretty.
    jucamer likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Not sure what it is, but this season just feels different for me.
    I said the same thing last season. Perhaps its the show itself. I really did find most of the last bachelorette extremely boring, with a few manufactured dramatic moments
    Midol likes this.

You could be right. Maybe I am just getting tired of it. lol I guess because so many relationships don't last you realize just how false the show really is. I think this season especially has had that lack of drama. The girl being sent home because she may still love her old boyfriend was so lack luster.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    To be honest, I doubt he will. And I may be in the minority, but I don't think he has to. It is his life and his decision. No one else has to live with it. She's definitely not my favorite, but it doesn't impact my life at all. If he's happy (and even if he's not) he's the one who has to live with the decision he made - and he doesn't owe any of us an explanation. Just because it doesn't match up with what we wished his journey to be, doesn't mean anything. This is his journey and his alone.
    While I agree with what you are saying, this is not real life but a show for the purposes of entertaining an audience. We are that audience and for the most part, from what I have been reading, the audience is not happy with Ben, or Courtney, but particularly, they are not happy now that they sense that he picks her...shades of Jake and Vienna all over again. Other "nice" women have warned him, the signs are there for him to see, and he still apparently is choosing her. Whether he likes it or not, whether he feels he needs to justify his actions or not, the producers will MAKE HIM! They don't care about him, or her, or them as a couple, they just care about the ratings...that is why they are editing things the way they are. Someway, somehow, Ben will have to justify his actions because the producers will make him...it drags out the drama, increases ratings, and gets people talking more about the show. It is the public relations mea culpa, not for Ben, but for the show...even if it is at his expense. Sorry Ben, but it is what you signed up for, hope it was worth it.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    You could be right. Maybe I am just getting tired of it. lol I guess because so many relationships don't last you realize just how false the show really is. I think this season especially has had that lack of drama. The girl being sent home because she may still love her old boyfriend was so lack luster.

Yes, they dont have a good percentage when it comes to couples staying with one another.Even if they date for a year or so, or make it seem like they are, it seldom works out.If Ben chooses who he is attracted to, that's his business. I think he knew all this going into this show, JP and Ben have both said its very different in this house. Jillian said you are out of touch with everything, just the producers that keep asking questions.Its what 8 weeks? hmm I think it has jumped the shark (as I said before )
    KatesMom likes this.

Closed Thread