Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Can we talk about..

Re: Can we talk about..

IMO...they can spin it any way they want about having to court her ...this is what she was after all along...I said it all during Brad's season..I never saw any real interest on her part in him and she was there to get the next gig as the bachelorette
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Hahaha, almost missed that typo of yours, Ellen. And yes, your assumption is correct.
    Oops! Now how did that error get past me?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well.
    That doesn't sound very exciting at all.
    I always like watching The Bachelorette because it's fun to have that many successful/smart/handsome men in one room. So, I'm sure I'll watch it. But, sigh, what a lame choice of stars.

For some reason, I feel like she's a three-peat. I think I'm subconsciously transferring Brad characteristics onto her.

I guess this is interesting in that it's the first time we've had a Bachelorette who's also a mother.
    But still, I agree with the poster who said it's better to have someone spunky.

FORT Fogey

Nascar Barbie. How disappointing...
    VAgirl79 likes this.

Not surprising, but still disappointing. couldn't they find someone who we could actually believe might be looking for love or might be available to find it in this genre? all i can say is I hope they reward us by having some great guys courting her!

I'm not thrilled, but I am curious. Mostly to see how they handle the single mom thing. The antics of the guys will be the antics of the guys - and quite frankly they make the show anyway. Anyone seen the tidbit in the People article about Bentley being interested in coming on? My real question is how far will she go - how many guys will she really kiss and what about the overnights. She always spouted about wanting to remain classy because of her daughter. To me, classy and Bachelor/ette . . . not so much!

FORT Fogey

I just don't understand why she'd do it. Well, for any reason other than seeking fame like others have said. If things really did go wrong with Brad because she couldn't handle the scrutiny of such a public relationship, then why on earth try to create another relationship in the public eye? Isn't e-Harmony easier for an attractive single mom?
    VAgirl79 and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fan

Since so many men seemed to be fawning over Emily's beauty, I hope they have lots of eye candy on the show.
    ilja and jucamer like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Nascar Barbie. How disappointing...

- just as plastic looking I'm soooooo dissappointed
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I just don't understand why she'd do it. Well, for any reason other than seeking fame like others have said. If things really did go wrong with Brad because she couldn't handle the scrutiny of such a public relationship, then why on earth try to create another relationship in the public eye? Isn't e-Harmony easier for an attractive single mom?
    All it comes down to is she wants to be famous, IMO. It was out there in racing gossip circles before Brad's season even taped that she wanted to be famous. When she was cast, the buzz at the time was she was just doing it because she wanted to be the Bachelorette because that was where the real fame and notoriety would come from. Brad's a schmuck, but she is no wounded flower in any of this TV-related stuff, I don't think. Guess she got her B'ette wish.

Needless to say I am not thrilled about this at all, and I may just not watch the upcoming season. A shame, because B'ette is by far my favorite of the two shows.

I just hope she and the show have the decency to leave her child out of this stupidity altogether, or at least for 99% of it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12