Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Yes. With each episode Ben comes across as kind of dumb, not too interesting, and, frankly, not that much of a catch. Kind of a poor man's Andrew Firestone.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yes. With each episode Ben comes across as kind of dumb, not too interesting, and, frankly, not that much of a catch. Kind of a poor man's Andrew Firestone.
    That's a good way of putting it although Andrew Firestone was one of my favourite bachelors...Ben is kind of middle of the road for me. Bad hair and boring but not really offensive. Andrew and Charlie are my two favourite Bachelors with Jake as the bottom of the heap...by far.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

ITA sweetpea -- who says "what's her butt?"

Very revealing, in so many ways...
    sweetpea likes this.

FORT Fogey

What is Shawntel's supposed book about ... being on the Bachelor? If not, I don't see how coming across as a whack job on national TV is going to help book sales.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    What is Shawntel's supposed book about ... being on the Bachelor? If not, I don't see how coming across as a whack job on national TV is going to help book sales.
    One word: Kardashians.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I believe it is called The Final Rose...about the funeral industry??? Somehow I don't see the Bachelor audience as being that interested and the people who might be, likely don't watch the show. I really don't see how appearing on the show has anything to do with it. But she said she is going back to school for her masters degree so maybe the appearance fee will help with that.
    Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

My eyes rolled back in my head when one of the girls commented that Ben better not take one of Brad's 'leftovers' ... ... ... while she's on a show vying to scoop up one of ASHLEY's leftovers, and while Ben seemed more than happy to have proposed to one of Brad's leftovers just a few short months ago.

This show has truly gotten ridiculous. The behaviour at the rose ceremony should have made any normal man run for the hills. These girls are unstable, most of them.
    Shoepie, jucamer, Midol and 2 others like this.

Just watched part of this episode. Another cringe-worthy Courtney-ism: Commenting on Shawntel, she said it was hard to watch "Ben and her's conversation." Ouch. It was hard to listen to that comment.

She also confessed that she has a hard time trusting men. So, she's a perfect candidate for falling in love on TV, with a man who is now a celebrity, and will likely have no shortage of attention from a multitude of beautiful women over the next few years.

Also I find it incredibly amusing how flipped out the women were about Shawntel providing a little more competition for them. Seriously? You think your only chance of landing the guy is eliminating all other options for him?

You're either right together or you're not. And if you are, it doesn't matter how many other women might want your man.
    fireflyer and ilja like this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Exactly why I'm not watching this season - for the very first time! Just thought I'd check in here and see what people are saying.

And I have to agree with Midol - LOVED Andrew Firestone. He was one of the few Bachelors who really seemed to take the show seriously and hoped to have met his soulmate.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Exactly why I'm not watching this season - for the very first time! Just thought I'd check in here and see what people are saying.

And I have to agree with Midol - LOVED Andrew Firestone. He was one of the few Bachelors who really seemed to take the show seriously and hoped to have met his soulmate.
    Agreed. I'd put Byron and Charlie in that category as well.

I'm watching, but only OnDemand after it airs. I end up muting it and then forgetting it's on. I find Ben to be dull and the ladies to be NOT ladies, with a few exceptions.

We've had plenty of bachelors who claim they're doing the show to find a wife. Then the guy ends up in a hot tub with a bunch of girls trying to stick their tongues down his throat and he ends up picking the skanky one (who none of the other girls like) claiming they have a connection. After so many seasons of this, I am beyond cynical. If Ben ends up marrying his choice....heck, if he stays with her more than 3 months (and that's being generous) beyond ATFR, I'll be more than shocked. I just don't have any faith in his ability to NOT be blinded by sex.

Can I just say how tired I am of girls who say they aren't there to make friends? Fine, but do you have to make enemies? Yes, it's a horrid situation, but you signed up for it. I'd think that a woman's ability to get along with other people in that situation would make her more attractive.
    JavaJo and Midol like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Closed Thread