Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 1/9 The Bachelor 16 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/9 The Bachelor 16 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Not so insane, from the producers' POV. They do what they gotta do to reel in the ratings in order to get the sponsors to pony up. Given the buzz, it's working.
    They just have to keep pushing the envelope. To keep in interesting they have to push further each time
    :-(
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They just have to keep pushing the envelope. To keep in interesting they have to push further each time
    :-(
    I agree with you Fanny Mare ... I do think that the producers THINK that they have to keep pushing things to keep our interest, but I think that they are wrong. I'm not against them having having some filler drama, but the extremes that they are being taken to lately is getting to be too much. I find myself paying less attention to the show itself and really not having many favourites to care about. That goes for a lot of my friends who used to watch the show ... many have lost interest and moved on. If I wanted this kind of sleaze I'd be watching the Kardashians and the Flavour of Love.

What still keeps me watching the show is the discussions we have here at Fort and some of the funnier blogers that I still like to follow.

I wish they would focus more on the actual matches. Have some more normal people that fans can relate to ... throw in your fake drama with the actors, models that they cast every year. Show us more of the real connections that happen on the show, even if they are mostly created by the dynamics and fantasy of the show.

I think less and less (normal) people with real jobs are willing to go on this show because they see what editing can do to you and that sadly means we are in for more of the same unreal reality. You can see that the quality people...Reid, Chris L. know what the score is and don't want to come back no matter the amount of money the producers throw at them. So what we are left with is those people who need the money to pay of their student loans (Travis, Ashley), fame whores (Jake, Ali) who will do anything just to further their own acting ambitions, or bores (Brad, Ben) who do it to further their business interests.

Eventually the smut will get to be too much for the networks and the base fans of the show and it will be cancelled and/or moved to the more liberal cable networks. Ben and his bare butt are already on that slippery downward slope...
    veg_out and ilja like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Honestly, I think that Ben was completely over the show when it wrapped. I'd also not be surprised if he and his chosen (if he picked someone) are kaput. The show's producers barely mentioned him this week on Twitter, and he's in Vegas tonight on "business and pleasure." It sounds like tonight's show is a doozy.
    sweetpea and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Honestly, I think that Ben was completely over the show when it wrapped. I'd also not be surprised if he and his chosen (if he picked someone) are kaput. The show's producers barely mentioned him this week on Twitter, and he's in Vegas tonight on "business and pleasure." It sounds like tonight's show is a doozy.
    Will you be watching it though? I know I will. I saw them skiing in bikinis.I have seen that before ( spring skiing in Montana) so I will watch( doozy or not)

FORT Newbie

Just wondering, I am very much on the fence on the question of whether Shawntel was sprung on Ben or not. On one hand, I really don't see him as a good enough actor to have been able to make it through that segment and still look and sound stunned or surprised, so he must have been surprised. On the other hand, he stuttered and stammered his way through it and really didn't say all that much, so maybe he was indeed in on it and not being an actor that was the best he could do. What do you think? In on it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by nutz2uiam View Post
    Just wondering, I am very much on the fence on the question of whether Shawntel was sprung on Ben or not. On one hand, I really don't see him as a good enough actor to have been able to make it through that segment and still look and sound stunned or surprised, so he must have been surprised. On the other hand, he stuttered and stammered his way through it and really didn't say all that much, so maybe he was indeed in on it and not being an actor that was the best he could do. What do you think? In on it or not?
    Not.They were on twitter, he could have asked her out long before this show.Heck she contacted right after he was off the last show, she seems to be a bit of stalker imnsho.

Closed Thread