Closed Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 1/9 The Bachelor 16 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/9 The Bachelor 16 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Ben was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel last night and Jimmy showed a "trailer" of the dog as the next Bachelor, complete with lady dogs, and lots of doggie mating behavior. At the end, they showed a female as "not being what she says she is." It turned out to be a cat. It was very funny.
    oh now I am gonna have to go looking for that clip I don't usually watch that show

OMG OMG found the clip wayyyyy too funny and totally true about the show..nice to know I wasn't the only one having that thought
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 01-10-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Courtney just keeps reinforcing the fact that I can't stand her. And why does she look high in her confessionals?
    I thought so too! She gets weird red watery eyes sometimes.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Watching their vineyard date reminded me very much of Brad and Emily's date down to Ben's reaction to the date. Brad said something like, "This is what it feels like when you find the one." Ben pretty much said that Courtney makes him think long term. I can easily see their dynamic involving Ben regularly proving to her that she can trust him. Of course, they went with the Ali storyline: "This gorgeous person is too good to be true. They like ME!" For as much as I'd hoped he fell for Lindzi, he seems as smitten as Ali and Ashley were at this point.

I'm not sure that Courtney doesn't like Ben. I did hear some foreshadowing when Ben said that her relationships with Hollywood types were "empty." Courtney agreed to the point of saying that they're good in the beginning. I could easily see that playing out here. At this point, I think that Ben is putty in Courtney's hand. I'll just hope that she's not manipulating him despite her behavior towards the girls.

It seems like the girls dislike Blakeley more than Courtney.
    Hey there, Veggie

After reading your post, I think I'm going to have to force myself to go back and rewatch Ben & Courtney's date. I totally missed all those comments he made b/c I'd tuned out by then. Oops. What did remind me of Brad & Emily was Ben's singling out Lindzi and telling her he hadn't forgotten about her and he wanted her to know that. If I remember, I think Ali said the same thing to Roberto when he didn't go on that video shoot date.

I really wish I could get into this season. Even Ben's dog didn't impress me. His little howl was a little puny for my taste. [Sorry, maybe I'm becoming critical in my old age. ]

ETA - I totally forgot about what I bolded - I think they dislike Blakely more than Courtney at this point only b/c they weren't there during the day with her. Her underhanded comments would've set them all off, I think, if they'd heard them.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 01-10-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Midol likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I loved that Ben spent some time with Lindzi last night. He appears to really like her but seems to be caught up in physical attraction with Courtney. Maybe if Lindzi died her hair dark and started the same shameless flirtation that Courtney seems to be pulling off, she'd have a better chance with him...

FORT Fan

What was the name of the play again, Prince who picks with his "P" of Bachelorville?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Mr. ECM sat down to watch the Bachelor with me. Some of his comments so far:

He's the new bachelor? Gee, he's kind of homely, isn't he?
    He kind of looks like the guy from Gilligan's Island (Bob Denver).
    He looks kind of familiar. (I had to remind him he was a contestant last year and made it to number 2 spot.)
    He's got to do something with that hair.

Just one man's opinion. I'd be interested in other husband's comments. For the record, he doesn't really watch but mostly reads and glances up from time to time.

I was so happy that Kacie B got the first one on one date. She seems so sweet. The video montage at the end of the date was sweet and bittersweet at the end.
    Too, too funny.
    I definitely see the resemblance to Gilligan!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Hey there, Veggie

After reading your post, I think I'm going to have to force myself to go back and rewatch Ben & Courtney's date. I totally missed all those comments he made b/c I'd tuned out by then. Oops. What did remind me of Brad & Emily was Ben's singling out Lindzi and telling her he hadn't forgotten about her and he wanted her to know that. If I remember, I think Ali said the same thing to Roberto when he didn't go on that video shoot date.

I really wish I could get into this season. Even Ben's dog didn't impress me. His little howl was a little puny for my taste. [Sorry, maybe I'm becoming critical in my old age. ]

ETA - I totally forgot about what I bolded - I think they dislike Blakely more than Courtney at this point only b/c they weren't there during the day with her. Her underhanded comments would've set them all off, I think, if they'd heard them.
    Hiya, Hexi!

I think my response last night leaned too far in the sleuthing direction of things. Old habits die hard (Sorry, mods!)

Anyway, I very much enjoy Lindzi, specifically all the ways that the show highlighted their similarities. Since Ben is this blend of metro/country, Lindzi could fit into that if he chose her. Plus, she's just adorable.

It's tricky to sort out which storyline/edit is being used for each girl since they seem to be weaving several together this season, making a character out to be both F1, F2, F3, and F4 all in one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Looking at Kacie just now I'm thinking too bad because other than Roberto I don't remember the number first date person getting to be the one. Also, too bad because I like her much more than him.
    OMG - your post just gave me an Aha moment - Kacie and Roberto would be a great couple!!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-11-2012 at 03:21 PM.

FORT Regular

Did Courtney just say "Winning!" a la Charlie Sheen? Really...? and "How did that taste coming out of your mouth". What a Bitch.
    sweetpea, LuckyMom and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Can Scotch please attend every date? He and Ben are the BEST couple on this show!

It seems like the girls dislike Blakeley more than Courtney.
    I think the girls on the date with Blakely dislike her more, and the ones stuck at home with Courtney probably dislike her more. For myself, I think they are more jealous of what Blakely is doing and achieving, but Courtney is more directly nasty and wierd with the girls. "how did that feel coming out of your mouth?" what a creep she is!

Closed Thread