Closed Thread
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Ah, but honest answer depends on who you're asking and their view of it, no? I take everything said with a grain of salt, personally.

Vile is certainly a strong word. Some might consider her behaviour to be this way. I guess it depends on who you ask and how they look at things. At the end of the day, these are characters in a television show. Yes, they are real people BUT they knew going into this that people were going to judge them based on their actions/words on the show. It's edited, sure, but no amount of splicing and dicing could create the things Courtney said that were hurtful and mean and ugly. She said them. Regardless of what she intended, this is how she presented herself to the audience and this is the fallout from it.

Frankly, above everything, I think Courtney's behaviour on the show was UNNECESSARY. She didn't need to say those things in her confessionals. She didn't need to be catty and rude when someone else was sent home. She didn't need to make enemies or present herself so badly. She chose to do so. Choices have consequences. Hopefully she can learn from it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    People keep repeating that she was "crying without tears" during the ATFR. That's not crying. Does she have to cry for people to like her? Maybe she was trying to focus on *not* crying during an emotional moment. Would that make her a bad person if she didn't want to cry?

It's absolutely fine to believe the negative editing is the real Courtney. I object to this notion that 99% of the viewing audience believes she's a terrible people. Only 93% of all statistics are made up to give you a false sense of reality.
    I don't care if she cried one tear, or a bucketful. The problem isn't her tears or lack there of. The problem is what she clearly was lacking behind that one tear, being genuine. People just aren't buying in to her crap, and why would they. She came off as being fake in WTA as well. Add in what was heard by people who were actually at the WTA from behind the scenes (Courtney expressing how she couldn't "find that emotion again", how proud she was that she didn't twirl her hair LOL), it was clearly a show on her part.

As for the negative editing you insist there was... if it was just editing, then why are the women who lived in that house with her, that didn't see an edited version of Courtney, but the real Courtney, all express how what we saw, was exactly who she was in the house? Some of the women and crew have said she was actually WORSE. It all comes down to one simple fact... Courtney said all those nasty things, Courtney did all the bad behaviors. That simply can not be edited in from thin air. Not even Courtney or Ben are trying to make believe it was about a bad edit at this point. Courtney chose to behave the way that she did, now she is having to pay the consequences of her actions.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ah, but honest answer depends on who you're asking and their view of it, no? I take everything said with a grain of salt, personally.

Vile is certainly a strong word. Some might consider her behaviour to be this way. I guess it depends on who you ask and how they look at things. At the end of the day, these are characters in a television show. Yes, they are real people BUT they knew going into this that people were going to judge them based on their actions/words on the show. It's edited, sure, but no amount of splicing and dicing could create the things Courtney said that were hurtful and mean and ugly. She said them. Regardless of what she intended, this is how she presented herself to the audience and this is the fallout from it.

Frankly, above everything, I think Courtney's behaviour on the show was UNNECESSARY. She didn't need to say those things in her confessionals. She didn't need to be catty and rude when someone else was sent home. She didn't need to make enemies or present herself so badly. She chose to do so. Choices have consequences. Hopefully she can learn from it and move on.
    I didnt like her behaviours, and what she said was ugly. But I think there was alot of editing going on. So for me its combo of both. Plus, as I maintain a heck of alot of booze.

Each to their own thoughts .The season has ended, but they will be in the news until they break up( or not)
    I hope they go off into obscurity along with Brad and Emily- oh wait
    sweetpea, kateb and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    People keep repeating that she was "crying without tears" during the ATFR. That's not crying. Does she have to cry for people to like her? Maybe she was trying to focus on *not* crying during an emotional moment. Would that make her a bad person if she didn't want to cry? It's absolutely fine to believe the negative editing is the real Courtney. I object to this notion that 99% of the viewing audience believes she's a terrible people. Only 93% of all statistics are made up to give you a false sense of reality.
    On the After the Final Rose show, Ben tried to control his sadness... Ben was struggling to keep from crying... but he wasn't able to... he cried a real tear. By contrast, Courtney didn't even come close to losing control and crying. Courtney looked like she was acting as her own publicist, and coldly trying to do damage control on the way she had acted all season... not to get Ben to like her again... but to try and convince the viewing audience that she wasn't at all like she was portrayed on the show.
    Midol likes this.

While I still think Courtney's words were awful, I've been doing some reading on past Bachelor/ette villians and claims of crazy editing. In particular, the Bentley apologists who have made rather strong arguments which does lead me to wonder about Courtney's edits.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    While I still think Courtney's words were awful, I've been doing some reading on past Bachelor/ette villians and claims of crazy editing. In particular, the Bentley apologists who have made rather strong arguments which does lead me to wonder about Courtney's edits.
    Something else isnt it. I read some of it, they ask hundreds of questions( some not show related at all) and plop the answers in wherever they see fit/edit. Plus CH lied, Bentley never was asked back.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    On the After the Final Rose show, Ben tried to control his sadness... Ben was struggling to keep from crying... but he wasn't able to... he cried a real tear. By contrast, Courtney didn't even come close to losing control and crying. Courtney looked like she was acting as her own publicist, and coldly trying to do damage control on the way she had acted all season... not to get Ben to like her again... but to try and convince the viewing audience that she wasn't at all like she was portrayed on the show.

The only time I saw real emotion come out of her on AFTR was when Chris took the ring out of his pocket - she just couldn't contain herself

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post

Did Bentley say his awful behavior was because of editing? I don't think Courntey said that either - she just said the other girls made it hard for her. Wes said the only time "editing" came into play was when TPTB were plying him with liquor while he was riding around the limo after he got booted. I will admit they can edit statements and take them out of context, but I don't believe one's total character is fabricated for the show - nope I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I thought they both looked pretty raw. Tired, and raw. Again, its what each person sees. No one person is right or wrong.
    luvlady345 and kateb like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Did Bentley say his awful behavior was because of editing? I don't think Courntey said that either - she just said the other girls made it hard for her. Wes said the only time "editing" came into play was when TPTB were plying him with liquor while he was riding around the limo after he got booted. I will admit they can edit statements and take them out of context, but I don't believe one's total character is fabricated for the show - nope I don't buy it.
    It wasn't as much what he said but it was what other folks were pointing out about the ITM's being taped at the same time (same Ashley clothing, background and make-up) being spliced into different shows. Then of course there was a lot more but since this is not exactly on topic, I don't want to get into it too deeply.

I guess what I'm saying is that a lot of what we saw could have been sliced and diced into different shows where it made Courtney look even worse than she already was. I'm not saying that Courtney did not say the things she said. I'm still thinking Courtney was awful just maybe not as awful as she appeared.

Closed Thread