Closed Thread
Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I didn't watch the Women Tell All. So you saw Courtney crying real tears? I did watch the After the Final Rose show. I didn't see Courtney crying any tears. So my impression of Courtney was that her sadness was fake. I did see Ben cry a real tear. Also, I read that if contestants don't say what the producers tell them to say, and if they don't play their assigned role, they don't get alone time with the bachelor/bachelorette.
    I think it was real. Everyone sees something different.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    You'll have to redo your math - I said the viewing public not the 20-30 people who post on this board (even the numbers here are closer to 99% than not). No survey needed - read the tabs, other message boards, talk shows, etc. The only nice things I have heard about Courtney are from her family and maybe one friend - what else are they going to say???? I know there is a lot we don't see. But if TPTB had shown Courtney feeding babies at an orphanage that does not negate everything we DID see.
    My point was that it's fine to have an opinion. In your mind, Courtney, who you've never met and who you've only seen highly edited video tape from, is a vile, horrible person. But I don't think it has much intellectual integrity to claim that 99% of the public shares your opinion, and use that claim as an argument that your opinion is more valid.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey

I believe what I saw about Courtney. Plus, several women tried to tell Ben what Courtney was like when he wasn't around. And then, there was Courtney's crying without tears at the After the Final Rose show. Everything that I saw about Courtney was negative. Until I see proof of what Courtney supposedly is really like, I'll continue to believe the negative aspects about Courtney that I saw on TV.
    mesachick and Midol like this.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

People keep repeating that she was "crying without tears" during the ATFR. That's not crying. Does she have to cry for people to like her? Maybe she was trying to focus on *not* crying during an emotional moment. Would that make her a bad person if she didn't want to cry?

It's absolutely fine to believe the negative editing is the real Courtney. I object to this notion that 99% of the viewing audience believes she's a terrible people. Only 93% of all statistics are made up to give you a false sense of reality.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    People keep repeating that she was "crying without tears" during the ATFR. That's not crying. Does she have to cry for people to like her? Maybe she was trying to focus on *not* crying during an emotional moment. Would that make her a bad person if she didn't want to cry?

It's absolutely fine to believe the negative editing is the real Courtney. I object to this notion that 99% of the viewing audience believes she's a terrible people. Only 93% of all statistics are made up to give you a false sense of reality.

Maybe it was 98% I apologize

You have to weep bucketsful~~~

LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay, Anemic Dog, I am completely stumped here, so could you please explain what you meant by that last sentence: "Only 93% of all statistics are made up to give you a false sense of reality." I think what I find confusing is the way it is worded...using the words only and all. Could you also share where you came up with that number (93%) as well?
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 03-18-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

My point was that it's fine to have an opinion. In your mind, Courtney, who you've never met and who you've only seen highly edited video tape from, is a vile, horrible person. But I don't think it has much intellectual integrity to claim that 99% of the public shares your opinion, and use that claim as an argument that your opinion is more valid.
    I am getting a sense that perhaps you have seen unedited video of Courtney __ that is without the black boxes covering things.

Seriously ad, you are entitled to an opinion as are we all, but is it even remotely possible that you fall into the same opinion percentage as Ben ? That is, unduly influenced by her appearance and free spirit/lack of modesty and so wanting to like her, believe her or at least think she's not all that bad.
    mesachick and jucamer like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, as it usually does. Is she a mean, conceited, self-centered often vile witch 100%? Probably not. Doesn't mean she isn't all of those things at all. We were witness to some pretty crappy behaviour from her that wasn't out of context, it was out of her mouth. Doesn't mean she doesn't love her friends and family, doesn't mean she is mean to "old people, little kids and puppies" (tm: Tin Cup) - it means she's not a saint and she's not the devil.

I read some comments from the people magazine article about Ben and Courtney where Ben casts some blame for Courtney's behaviour on the other women, saying they were all capable of saying vile things etc. Typical deflection. While that may be true, I would caution these two to take their lumps and bow out of this whole thing. If they are happy together, that's great. Don't compound the problem of bad publicity by trying to blame others. It's stupid, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, as it usually does. Is she a mean, conceited, self-centered often vile witch 100%? Probably not. Doesn't mean she isn't all of those things at all. We were witness to some pretty crappy behaviour from her that wasn't out of context, it was out of her mouth. Doesn't mean she doesn't love her friends and family, doesn't mean she is mean to "old people, little kids and puppies" (tm: Tin Cup) - it means she's not a saint and she's not the devil.

I read some comments from the people magazine article about Ben and Courtney where Ben casts some blame for Courtney's behaviour on the other women, saying they were all capable of saying vile things etc. Typical deflection. While that may be true, I would caution these two to take their lumps and bow out of this whole thing. If they are happy together, that's great. Don't compound the problem of bad publicity by trying to blame others. It's stupid, IMO.
    None of them are vile imho. Vile is a word I use for pedophiles.

I do think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
    I also think the others were very capable of saying very hateful things, we need only look at the comments we saw on TWA.

I think they should go off and be happy( together or apart) but if they are asked a question, I hope for an honest answer, deflection or not
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-18-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread