Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Ben's Blog

Ben's Blog

Bachelor Ben Flajnik: What Did I Get Myself Into? : People.com

Bachelor Ben: What Did I Get Myself Into?

By Ben Flajnik

Hey, hey 

Let me start off by saying how excited I am to have been asked to be the Bachelor and how I can't wait for the season to unfold, as I think it will be very exciting! 

It took me a few months to decide whether or not I wanted to try and find love this way again, and after thinking long and hard about it, I ultimately thought it would be another positive experience. Guess you'll have to wait and see just how positive it turns out to be. 

Arriving at the mansion that first night was an extraordinary experience. Having such fond memories at the mansion from my time on The Bachelorette gave me a bit of comfort, but I was nervous nonetheless. One thing that helped make me felt a bit more at ease was that the women who were about to arrive knew I was going to be the one greeting them at the door and they weren't going to be surprised.

As the first limo pulled up, my heart began to beat faster than it ever had before. I immediately began to think, "What did I just get myself into?" To be completely honest, I don't even remember what the first few women said to me, as I was on sheer nervous autopilot if that makes any sense. After I settled in a bit, I realized I had already had my first kiss, been punched on the shoulder, met a grandma, and had a woman ride in on horseback. I remember thinking, "What else does this night have in store for me?" 

Upon entering the mansion and facing all 25 well, 26 women if you include Grandma Sheryl for the first time, I addressed them with a speech I thought to be very real, and very me. I told them that, "I don't know if my wife is in this room, but I am going to stay open, and honest to this experience." If they needed any advice, guidance, or comfort, they could come to me at any time. 

I remember almost all of my nerves were gone by this point and I was in a good mood. I was calm, collected, and remarkably ready to navigate 25 different conversations, some "soon to be drama," and a bevvy of beautiful women. So far, so good.

Meeting the Women
    My conversations that night were really heartfelt. The women seemed to open up to me early on and that was incredible. They kept telling me how I was giving them a "calming" feeling, but I think they were all doing the same for me. The majority of women were on their best behavior and it made my night much easier than expected.

I particularly remember my conversation with Nicki being very natural. It was moments such as this one where I found myself thinking that being the Bachelor was the right decision and I was going to have fun with it.

Speaking of fun, Sheryl the grandma was also a highlight of my night. I am close with my grandma and found it to be very endearing that Brittany would bring hers along. I also really enjoyed talking to Rachel and Courtney. They both seemed like they had good families back home, and had experienced life a bit more than some of the other women.

VIDEO: Meet The Bachelor's 'Horsiest' Contestant

When I decided who was going to get the first impression rose I knew I was going to have a lot of glaring eyes on my back as I left the main room, which was not a good feeling. It was in that moment when I realized just how difficult this journey was going to be. Lindzi had such a good energy about her that I decided she would be the perfect choice for the first impression rose. Let's be honest too she's a beautiful, confident woman who rode in on a horse!

The First Rose Ceremony
    Now let's discuss my first rose ceremony as the Bachelor uh oh. The moment I wasn't looking forward to was finally here. I think anyone who has been in my position before can attest to how difficult the first rose ceremony is to handle. It really is a night of first impressions, and unfortunately you only have so many roses to hand out. But at the end of the night I was confident in the decisions I had made and was looking forward to getting to know the group of women much better.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for this unique opportunity. And because I'm seeing a lot of the women's interactions with one another (while I was out on dates) for the first time as well, I am as curious as you to see how this season plays out! Until next week .
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Ben's Blog

The Bachelor: Ben Flajnik Blogs : People.com

The Bachelor's Ben Flajnik: 'Group Dates Suck'

By Ben Flajnik

Well, well, well ... last week's episode of The Bachelor was quite the first night! I hope you all enjoyed it.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to take the women to my hometown of Sonoma, Calif., and show them where I come from and how important community is to me.

Right off the bat when the women arrived in Sonoma, I was excited to hand out my first date card, which, as you know, went to Kacie B. I was really excited to get to know her because she exuded so much confidence the first night. She is a woman of integrity and love, and made me feel right at home.

Our evening consisted of lots of emotional moments, including a wonderful dinner, sharing home movies – and our first kiss. We talked a lot about our life, our family and really got down to the nitty-gritty early on. I don't remember being with a woman where I opened up so much on the first date! I was immediately impressed with Kacie B. and knew she was something special.

Watching the home movies was a super emotional experience for me, as I hadn't heard my father's voice in almost five years. I was lucky to have her around to be a shoulder to lean on.

The first group date: Wow. I was so excited to see how the group of women would act around the children and handle the actual performance later. I was impressed! These women owned their roles like crazy. I loved seeing this fun side to them and when we were all walking through the town square in our elaborate costumes, I was hysterical laughing with them. It's hard to describe how awesome it was to be a part of the Sonoma community theatre that night. I hope they will have me back sometime.

Unfortunately, later that evening things didn't go quite as smoothly. Let's put it this way, group dates suck. Like night one, it's hard to see everything that's going on with the women, their drama and how they are getting along. Little did I know that Blakely was the cause of the drama that night. Again, my assumptions were completely off. Whoops. I guess I will learn as I go.

I was excited for my date with Courtney because I really enjoyed talking with her the first night. I was happy to learn how normal it felt to hang out with her. I think that the way you see it on TV does it justice in that we were very comfortable with each other.

I was surprised that we were so lovely-dovey so early on, as it was just the start of my journey and I knew there were lots of other relationships I still needed to explore. It really helped that Scotch was a fan of Courtney's too.

On to the cocktail party: Again, more Blakely drama. Uh oh. Here's the thing. The women might have been upset at Blakely's motivation, but I found it okay in the moment. She was determined to talk to me, finish her conversation and get to know one another better. Most people won't agree with me there, but I liked her persistence.

Jenna. Oh, sweet Jenna. Unfortunately for Jenna, this situation and environment was not for her. She crumbled under the pressure and was truly not herself. My heart went out to her for struggling so much, and I couldn't put her through anymore of this journey.

The rose ceremony for me was a tough one. It was a cold night, full of drama, tears and more tears. I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible as I was dreading saying goodbye to the ladies leaving that night.

That's all for now. I can't wait for all of you to see next week's dates in San Francisco, along with THE MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONY EVER.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

One of the girls( the Bacon girl) said the cocktail parties gone on all night into the morning They are12 hours long( at least) can you imagine if you keep drinking that long, and you are nervous how much footage they have of you?

FORT Fan

yikes drunk and sleep deprived.. no wonder they all act so crazy
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    One of the girls( the Bacon girl) said the cocktail parties gone on all night into the morning They are12 hours long( at least) can you imagine if you keep drinking that long, and you are nervous how much footage they have of you?

Well no wonder some of the girls get weepy and upset. There is no telling what all is happening during that time that we don't see.

If I remember correctly, Ben said during his Jimmy Kimmel interview that he does get long talks with the girls. At the time, I was wondering what he was talking about.

I've also wondered in the past how they remember all the names. While I still believe they get some help (teleprompter, cue cards, etc.), it does make it more logical that they have remembered a lot of the names after all that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Well no wonder some of the girls get weepy and upset. There is no telling what all is happening during that time that we don't see.

If I remember correctly, Ben said during his Jimmy Kimmel interview that he does get long talks with the girls. At the time, I was wondering what he was talking about.

I've also wondered in the past how they remember all the names. While I still believe they get some help (teleprompter, cue cards, etc.), it does make it more logical that they have remembered a lot of the names after all that time.
    Yes, when she said that, a lot became a lot clearer. We see minutes with him speaking to each girl. I believe he speaks to them all in that time, but they pick and choose what they show us. Talk about manipulation on their part.

Yes, when she said that, a lot became a lot clearer. We see minutes with him speaking to each girl. I believe he speaks to them all in that time, but they pick and choose what they show us. Talk about manipulation on their part.
    It would be fun and more logical if they had live cameras that we could watch online like Big Brother. Can you just imagine how different we would view them if we saw the whole story? Of course, that's probably why they don't. Not to mention the fact that we probably would not be as surprised by the final 4. Shoot, we could start a final 4 pool, like in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    It would be fun and more logical if they had live cameras that we could watch online like Big Brother. Can you just imagine how different we would view them if we saw the whole story? Of course, that's probably why they don't. Not to mention the fact that we probably would not be as surprised by the final 4. Shoot, we could start a final 4 pool, like in basketball.
    Then they couldn't control our thinking Although, BB may have cameras 24/7.We see a mere glimpse. God idea though you had

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Wow - what a horrible thing to put these women through! I know that they want to get some good footage, but sheesh! 12 hours of filming and drinking and stress. Poor Jenna, I'd have cracked under that pressure also.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Then they couldn't control our thinking Although, BB may have cameras 24/7.We see a mere glimpse. God idea though you had
    The sad, embarrassing, silly thing to admit is that, unlike with BB, I am so addicted to this show, I would probably pay to see a live Bachelor/ette feed. kickme.gif
    fireflyer and Fanny Mare like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast