+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Yes, they are filming today. I think it airs on March 4th ... the week before the finale.
    I've been trying so hard to limit my spoilers this season that I guess I've become completely uninformed. For some reason I thought we had more left, but I guess if I bothered to count, I'd have known.
    I also thought WTA was filmed the Saturday before it was shown.

All the more reason to try a little extra hard the next few weeks to avoid total spoilage.
    I am getting pretty antsy though.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've been trying so hard to limit my spoilers this season that I guess I've become completely uninformed. For some reason I thought we had more left, but I guess if I bothered to count, I'd have known.

All the more reason to try a little extra hard the next few weeks to avoid total spoilage.

I think the AFTR is filmed right before the final is shown. This year that is supposedly live...to cut down on any spoilers I assume, although that ship sailed before the show even started airing.

This season has flown by for me...even though we had that extra episode with Sean Tells All. I can't wait to see how the whole thing comes together!

If you really plan to stay unspoiled, you will need to stay away from the checkouts and pretty much most internet news or blogs. There are always those who want to ruin it for the unspoiled and the show is ramping up the publicity about the last two girls let go and about the next Bette. Good luck!!!
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

I've managed to remain unspoiled this season, though I had a bit of a worry from someone who asserted it was a Tierra/Desiree F2. Thankfully that was just poorly-written speculation. When I shop, I stick to the self-checkout area and know better than to even glance at the tabloid racks. After the season ends, I have some fun going to the spoiler sites and getting back-filled on what went on.
    ilja likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I've managed to remain unspoiled this season, though I had a bit of a worry from someone who asserted it was a Tierra/Desiree F2. Thankfully that was just poorly-written speculation. When I shop, I stick to the self-checkout area and know better than to even glance at the tabloid racks. After the season ends, I have some fun going to the spoiler sites and getting back-filled on what went on.
    Same here! its been very hard though. I guess the magazine that we have to look out for is People magazine( or not look out for) as they have the F2 on it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Maybe I should start charging...people are always spilling their guts to me even when I wish they wouldn't.

We must have similar tastes because Sean is not my regular type either...Arie is, however, I've always been more attracted by the goofy, nerdy types and despite Sean' beefcake status, he seems like a goof at heart. No matter how initially attracted to someone, if they are a jerk, that attraction goes down the tubes...fast! Sean kind of grew on me as I got to know him better...not so much on the show, but, his tweets, interviews, etc. He became more attractive because of his personality, not his looks.

As for CH, I take everything he says with a grain of salt. He is the mouthpiece of the organization and has been known to not tell the truth and exaggerate just a tad. I don't think Tierra is an actress, but, they sure knew what they were getting when they cast her. Her psych exams would have exposed her weaknesses and then they just went about exploiting them. I don't know when Sean started clueing in about her, but, I have no doubt that they...and I include CH here...tried to soothe any worries so that he would keep her as long as possible.

I am curious to see how CH will handle Tierra at the WTA today...although, I'm not certain she will even show up despite what he has said.
    The thing is that I want to be attracted to someone like Sean or how he presents himself to be. Instead I seem to always fall for the players which might explain why I'm alone now and enjoying it. cute happy shrug.gif

And which also might explain why I suspected that was what Arie was.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 9 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

After an emotional week back home here in Los Angeles where we said goodbye to Desiree, we headed off to the exotic country of Thailand. I can’t remember a season where you could’ve imagined our bachelor end up with each and every one of the final four ladies. The exotic dates of course mean one thing, and that’s the arrival of the infamous fantasy suite card. Much has been made of Sean and these overnight dates and this is the very reason I think the fantasy suite cards are great. It forces a situation and a conversation that needs to be had in a serious relationship and at this point that’s where these relationships are. What really happened in these fantasy suites? Well, as Sean told me during the special last week, it’s no one’s business. But what these suites do provide these couples is much needed alone time off-camera.

Going into this week we knew that AshLee has been a front-runner from the beginning. Her hometown was amazing, and the date in Thailand and time in the fantasy suite were fantastic, as far as we know. So the big question is, what happened? Talking to Sean, it may just have been a case of the last two women, Catherine and Lindsay, really making bold impressions this week. To be honest I really think Sean got it right. When you look at these final three, I think Catherine and Lindsay really represent something different for Sean and bring out a much different side of him than AshLee does. If you notice when Sean is with Catherine and Lindsay he laughs more and he seems more comfortable. Their relationships are much more playful and that’s something that’s appealing to Sean. It’s not that he didn’t have fun with AshLee — he did, but it was different.

I really think AshLee, being a little older than Sean and the other women, is in a little different place in her life. She carries herself differently, presents herself differently, and went through this whole process with a different mindset than the other two women. While this was all very appealing to Sean, in the end I think he realized after spending time with Catherine and Lindsay that he wasn’t ready for that, and ultimately that’s not exactly what he’s looking for. Catherine and Lindsay definitely seem to be more on the same level as Sean. They seem to all be looking for exactly the same thing and are at the same station in their life.

Standing at the rose ceremony as I looked at the final three women you could clearly see one of these just isn’t like the other. AshLee was definitely the odd woman out. Clearly she had no idea what was coming. She had all the confidence in the world that Sean was going to choose her. So when Sean gave Catherine that final rose and sent her home she was completely blindsided. It was that confusion that led to a somewhat emotional exit for AshLee. She was so confused and hurt that she not only didn’t let Sean explain his decision, she didn’t say a word herself. I’ll be interested to hear what all of you think of AshLee’s exit and how she acted. It seemed to be an honest emotional response to a tough situation. I’m looking forward to sitting down and speaking with AshLee next week at The Women Tell All so we can finally hear her thoughts on what she thinks happened. It will be interesting to see her finally get a chance to see Sean and speak to him for the first time since that day in Thailand.

Before I wrap this up I have to once again give major props to our crew. The day of the rose ceremony the skies opened up and it began to pour. We had planned to have the rose ceremony on the beach this week. As the hour approached, the skies got darker and it rained even harder. So at the last moment, after preparing all week for a beachside rose ceremony, we made the call to move it into the lobby of the hotel. In a matter of about an hour our art and lighting departments and our crew led by our director Ken Fuchs busted their butts and created a rose ceremony set that looked like it had been planned all week. I truly can’t put into words how good these people are at their jobs. What they do in perfect conditions is stunning, but when they pull off a stunt like this and make it look flawless, I’m just in awe of them.

As I mentioned, next Monday night is The Women Tell All. This is a truly unique season with so many different stories, so I’m really looking forward to this. I know you all want to hear from Sarah and find out how she’s doing. Desiree will get to talk about that dreadful hometown date and her brother. But of course the woman I’m looking most to sitting down with is Tierra. I really want to hear her side of the story and find out what she was thinking and if she’s learned anything from this experience. Oh, and we have bloopers! I’ll see you next week for The Women Tell All, then in two weeks March 11th it’s the three-hour Bachelor finale event. We will be live from Los Angeles with a studio audience watching the finale along with you and then roll live right into the After the Final Rose special.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It reads like there will be NO pre-taping of the ATFR.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 9 | PopWatch | EW.com

While this was all very appealing to Sean, in the end I think he realized after spending time with Catherine and Lindsay that he wasnít ready for that, and ultimately thatís not exactly what heís looking for. Catherine and Lindsay definitely seem to be more on the same level as Sean. They seem to all be looking for exactly the same thing and are at the same station in their life.
    Sometimes, when you've searched through all the cliches and found one you like, you realize that cliches are often meaningless. All cliches are trying to explain exactly the same thing, but they can be arranged in different positions in sentences. And ultimately this is why you choose a particular cliche and hope your audience doesn't think it through and just nods along in meaningless understanding.

But of course the woman Iím looking most to sitting down with is Tierra. I really want to hear her side of the story and find out what she was thinking and if sheís learned anything from this experience.
    I wish we could be spared this. I don't see why we should have to listen to 23 women snark at Tierra while she alternately cries and shows her sparkle. It's been done to death. Maybe if you had her appear in a Power Ranger costume and she took on Catherine in a multiplication contest.
    ilja likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Sometimes, when you've searched through all the cliches and found one you like, you realize that cliches are often meaningless. All cliches are trying to explain exactly the same thing, but they can be arranged in different positions in sentences. And ultimately this is why you choose a particular cliche and hope your audience doesn't think it through and just nods along in meaningless understanding.

I wish we could be spared this. I don't see why we should have to listen to 23 women snark at Tierra while she alternately cries and shows her sparkle. It's been done to death. Maybe if you had her appear in a Power Ranger costume and she took on Catherine in a multiplication contest.
    Now that is one competition I would sit down and watch.

We will be live from Los Angeles with a studio audience watching the finale along with you and then roll live right into the After the Final Rose special.

I like the sound of this
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread