Closed Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Are you talking Ben ? my son went through the same thing .No biggie
    Yeah that's the one I thought I quoted but my bad. I'm talking about Ben. He has a receding hairline he's trying to hide it with his big hair. It's not a biggy but everyone keeps asking about his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    It's very simple what is going on: like most contestants, Ben is using reality TV in order to promote his business. He couldn't care less about finding love. [mod edit]
    Somebody wrote in to a blog to say that they worked in a wine wholesaling (?) business. The other day, he said, a woman came in asking specifically for Ben's wine and gushed about the show and how much she loved him. Said all her friends loved him and so she wanted to serve his wine at her next viewing party.

I'd say, then, that Ben's getting what he wanted--his dream girl (at least to make out/have sex with) and publicity for his business.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

His wine won an award( 2012) I havent seen it or tasted it. But good for him !

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Somebody wrote in to a blog to say that they worked in a wine wholesaling (?) business. The other day, he said, a woman came in asking specifically for Ben's wine and gushed about the show and how much she loved him. Said all her friends loved him and so she wanted to serve his wine at her next viewing party.

I'd say, then, that Ben's getting what he wanted--his dream girl (at least to make out/have sex with) and publicity for his business.

I don't even remember him talking much about the winery this year. I mean I don't even know what the name of his winery is But I do know what I've been reading all over the net and in the tabs. And I don't think Ben has enough fans to buy a case of wine let alone make any significant contribution to the success of the winery. I'm sure the "viewing party" probably consisted of 2-3 women getting away from their family for an evening. I can't see him making anything out of his apperance on this show except for a season on the highly acclaimed BP.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I don't even remember him talking much about the winery this year. I mean I don't even know what the name of his winery is But I do know what I've been reading all over the net and in the tabs. And I don't think Ben has enough fans to buy a case of wine let alone make any significant contribution to the success of the winery. I'm sure the "viewing party" probably consisted of 2-3 women getting away from their family for an evening. I can't see him making anything out of his apperance on this show except for a season on the highly acclaimed BP.
    Heh. I have no idea how the winery is doing either but am wondering if the kind of publicity he has been getting will be adversely affecting the label's sales. I do remember reading in a blog somewhere that one of their wines won some type of award. Don't know how prestigious it was or anything.

The name of Ben's winery is called Envolve Winery... they have two labels. Envolve Wines and Epilogue wines (the latter being launched last year.) Or so says its website.
    Envolve Winery | Sonoma | Friendship | Organic
    jucamer likes this.

Hmm interesting link I am going to see if I can buy a bottle and try it. I read on another forum that its pretty good stuff( hence the award )

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just because I had a few minutes to kill, I looked up the competition in which his winery won an award. About 20 bazillion awards were given out. His was one of 13 gold medals in a specific category (sauvignon blanc from $14.99 to $19.99). There were three "Double Gold" winners and two "Best of Class" in that same category. Doesn't sound all that special to me.

I've entered crochet work in the county and state fairs. In some competitive environments, EVERY entrant wins some type of recognition. Shucks - I even won a blue ribbon. I usually don't mention that mine was the only entry in that specific category.

Here's a link, in case anyone is interested.
    Longhornfan, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

I just like to ty different wines. I have tried a few organic wines that won awards.I wasn't impressed. But its not bad to try new things

sweetpea likes this.

If he were ambitious enough, Ben could spin off his 15 minutes of fame into additional business ventures -- similar to Bethenny Frankel. But then again, since most of Bethenny's success seems to come from women who think colon cleansers and lip gloss with her logo are somehow superior to anything without her name on it, maybe not. The "skinny girl" logo is gold, for reasons I will never understand, but I imagine it has something to do with women wanting to be just like her, and that wouldn't work for Ben.

Maybe he could do a special bottling of a wine that's guaranteed to get MODELS to go skinny dipping. :-)
    AZChristian, ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

LOL good idea!!

Closed Thread