Closed Thread
Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

FORT Regular

Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1 View Post
    So totally agree with you. It s a huge problem and I don't think Emily really fits into the 'problem' There is a difference between being a responsible animal owner and not.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl View Post
    With the exception of Brad, they have been choosing from the season immediately before and will probably stick with that formula. I'd say that the next Bachelor will come from Ashley's season and the next Bachelorette will come from his season. Emily will be old news by then. I also think Emily and Brad are about as likely to get married as Matt Grant and that Lamas girl were. LOL!
    I just think that eventually if she is available and free that Fleiss would probably kill to have her as bachelorette...that is IF she would even consider doing it again..she would have to leave her daughter again..it would be for a longer time this go around since she would have to do the press...but since the bachelorette is usually taped during summer..it could work..this is only if her and Brad don't work out...I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that Fleiss really wanted her for bachelorette BAD....and I think he would go back to her in a heartbeat if she said yes instead of choosing from a new season if she became available
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Trueloveforever View Post
    Here's a better picture of Channy and Jeff!!

Thanks for the pic! I hope that this is the guy who really does make all her dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybea View Post
    Thanks for the pic! I hope that this is the guy who really does make all her dreams come true.
    Me, too! I just want her to go slow... I don't mean as in years but let it just be! I know it's hard... she has it all... except the love of her life. I could see the feelings she had for Brad when she saw him. Doesn't mean I think she is still in love... but at least figure out that you're not in rebound mode before falling in love this time. She can have it all with him. Just make sure he is THE ONE!!! Cause she's got it... for sure. What a great catch she will be with someone on the same page.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Regular

Wow, It's weird because they look like such a "young couple" as compared to Brad/Emily!

Kind of makes sense though because I think Emily, to her credit, is seemingly mature beyond her age and seems to fit better with Brad's older sensibility.

(Not that either is a bad thing!...I'm like Chantal...I act my age and lack any advanced maturity. lol)

I too, as quite a few of you on this board, am happy Chantal moved on. It does strike me a little strange for this reason. She got a divorice from her husband. Then she auditions for the Bachelor not once but twice. She makes it the second time. I am almost thinking Brad was a rebound relationship. I also find it strange she rebounded so quickly to Jeff. I am not saying I don't want them to suceed. I am just saying I think it is really strange.

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE MARCH 15 "THE BACHELOR"
    TELECONFERENCE WITH HOST CHRIS HARRISON--KEY POINTS Part 1

Paulette Cohn: I'm doing good. My first question is, you know, how the presenting the rose is always such a big deal. Was there a reason that last night's episode, the final rose was not presented?

Chris Harrison: It's so funny. That's been the most talked about thing this morning. And it was total producer lapse. And we absolutely shot it. And it happened. And we're probably going to put it up on ABC.com. But it's funny. I talked to the execs last night from ABC and the producers, and I said, why did we leave that off? It was the first time.

And our executive producer, Martin Hilton, just didn't think it would be that big of a deal, honestly. And didn't know it would stir everybody up the way it did. But you know, because we had the proposal and all that. And we moved on after the final rose special, and he didn't realize he would cause such a stir.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Amanda Hamilton: Good. Thank you. So were you surprised - you spent a lot of time with Brad. Were you surprised that he chose Emily in the end?
    Chris Harrison: You know, I wasn't at all. I wasn't surprised who the final two were. I wasn't surprised at you know, Emily ending up with the final rose. Well she would have ended up with the final rose if we had shown it.

But, you know, from the moment she got out of the limo, Brad took a liking to Emily. You know, they just had something that was a little different. And it's not to say you know, look, Brad, if you ask him, he'll tell you from the moment she got out of the limo, she was the only one. Which look, if I am engaged to the girl, I would tell my wife the same thing so I don't get in trouble.

But you know, what he had with some of these other girls was very real, whether it was Ashley or Chantal. But he just always had something different with Emily. And he always talked a little different about her in their relationship. It was - you could just tell there was something there. And in the end it was very clear it was going to be her.

Amanda Hamilton: And Brad hinted to viewers last night on After the Rose that really early on, he had kind of set it in his head that Emily could be the one for him. Did he ever say anything to you about it? Or did you have any suspicions that she was the one for him?

Chris Harrison: Absolutely. I mean we spent so much time together whether it was you know, hanging out in Anguilla or Costa Rica or whatever. And you know, off camera where I would - you know, it's like I always do though. It's like I'd just say hey, what - you know, how was your date with Ashley last night? How was Chantal?

And you know, when I would talk to him about Emily, it was just something a little different in the way he talked about her where he would just you know, as only Brad could put it. He's be like, "hey, you know, man, there is just - there is something about this girl." He's like I really think you know, she might be the one.

And but that's what it would be. Like I think. You know, I really feel like she could be
    . And so to his credit, he didn't give up on the others. And that's what one of the main problems I think that you can talk to Chantal about, and it hurt her. She really wanted to validate that her feelings were real. And that what Brad was saying to her was real.

And I really believe it was. It's just what he had with Emily was different. And he just loves her more. There's no easy way to put that. There's no easy way to tell a woman, I am just in love with somebody else. You know, it's just going to hurt.

Beth Kwiakowski: Good. So on last night's show, you said you and Brad had talked about him and Emily getting married on the After the Final Rose special. Can you elaborate on that in terms of how the discussion started, how far along did they get, and how close did it actually come to happening?

Chris Harrison: Yes, absolutely. You know, Brad had mentioned as soon as the show was over - and both of them, you know, we're very excited. And let's get married, and let's do it you know, tomorrow. And, so you know, once we got back to the United States and realized things were still going very well at this time, you know, we decided hey, let's make After the Final Rose a wedding.

And we went to Brad and said, let's do this. And he was onboard and was excited about it. And at first, I think Emily was pretty open to it. But I think the more she thought of it, there's a couple reasons. First of all, the more she thought about it is, you know, to take a woman's wedding day from her and make it kind of a private event is not a good idea.

You know, when she does get married, you know, she wants to do it right. She doesn't want it to be a secret from family, friends, and everybody. That was one reason.

And I think also, the more she thought about it, the more she realized rushing into a wedding with a daughter and, you know, not 100 percent sure where this is going, it's just it would be a little irresponsible. And so I think she is the one that really hit the brakes and slowed it down and decided, you know, let's wait this out. Let's watch the show and see where we are.

And which was a responsible smart thing to do. And I am glad she did it

Beth Kwiakowski: OK. And Brad had seemed very clear from the beginning that he expected to have whatever girl he picked to move to Austin. But Emily apparently isn't willing to do that yet. So how did that happen? You know, did Brad somehow never discuss that with her? Or do you think he still would have even picked her if he had known that at the time?

Chris Harrison: No. And I think Emily knows. You know, he was very forthright with Emily. And she - you know, they've talked about it extensively. I just - it's not that Emily won't move to Austin. It's that, you know, again, going back to her daughter, it's like being a dad, you don't - you can't make decisions for yourself anymore.

I think if all things being equal Emily would move to Austin yesterday.
    But you know, all things aren't equal. She has a daughter. She has a life. And she's in school. And so you have a larger responsibility. And so, you know, Emily is in Austin right now. They're spending time together. Then Brad will be up in Charlotte.

So I think they're going to, you know, kind of go the Jason and Molly route. And Jason had to do the same thing for his son. He couldn't just go to Michigan and be with Molly. So, you know, it's a different route they're going to have to take. I think they'll get there. But it's you know, Emily will have to be reassured that this is really going to work before she up and moved to Austin.

Amy Harrington: Well, it was very cool of you. And also, we were wondering, in the promos for that special there is a clip of Brad it seems saying to Ashley H that he has sabotaged their date in South Africa. And then that never appeared in the special. And we were wondering if you could tell us about that.

Chris Harrison: Because I think what you are shown is self-evident enough and paints the picture. And what Brad meant was that that night was just bad. I mean it was a - it was a bad date that went worse. And got worse as the night went on. And he just - he was questioning Ashley so much, and really put her on the spot. And so they really never had a chance to even have a good night from really from their dinner on.

And so, you know, he really felt bad later about kind of putting the screws to her that night. And just not being able to relax.
    But, you know, that was part of her problem too, and her defense mechanism and kind of sabotaging it as well.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/031611_03.html

TO BE CONT.
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 03-20-2011 at 01:01 AM.

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE MARCH 15 "THE BACHELOR"
    TELECONFERENCE WITH HOST CHRIS HARRISON--KEY POINTS Part 2

Ex-girlfriend excerpts:

Chris Harrison: And that's tough to deal with. I mean, you know, when you have you know, magazines throwing money left and right, paying ex-boyfriends and girlfriends. And you know, and printing you know, just garbage to try and save, you know, a failing magazine then that's tough to deal with.

And so, you know, I felt bad for them. And, you know, some of the things that were said went way beyond the line of decency. And it's not that they don't - you know, didn't sign up for this, and they have opened their lives up. And they know that. And I know that. But there is a line of decency that was definitely crossed with them. And so I think that's part of the reason they have decided "screw everybody. We're not doing press today. We're going to go back to Austin and live our lives and be happy."

"Because ex-girlfriends, you know, look. If your 28, 30, 38-years-old like Brad is, you're going to have exes. You're going to have people in your life that will come out of the woodwork, and ask for money from magazines, and sell their story for however much. And try and get their 15 minutes of fame. And try and attach themselves and date people from our show.

And that's going to happen. And so - but I think if you have good perspective, and you're a decent human being, and, you know, what's real in this world for you. Then it's OK. It'll go away."
    Steve Gidlow: Just wondering, it came out last night about Brad's temper. You spent a lot of time with him. Did you ever experience it? I always thought he seemed really even keeled, and a pretty low key. So did you ever experience what Emily was talking about?

Chris Harrison: I did not. Although why would anyone ever be mad at me? So - no. But you know, what's funny. You brought up a good point. I would love to talk about that. And Emily felt bad. We talked about this immediately after. As I was saying good-bye to them. She's like I feel bad, you know, that I said that word.

I'm like - because - it's funny. We talk about religion on TV. And a good example is, if someone says Jesus on TV, you might as well have said Jesus 1,000 times. Because it's so like religion is so powerful. And Emily felt the same way when she said he has a temper.

You know, immediately it sounds 1,000 times worse. And she kind of regretted bringing that up because it made it seem like, you know, Brad is this monster, and he's tough to deal with. And he's not. You know, but I promise you, they are two of the most stubborn people you'll ever meet. Neither one of them is wrong.

And let me tell you something about sweet Emily. You know, sweet little Emily can handle herself, too. And she's stubborn as a mule. So they both you know, have - they butt heads. And they have these knockdown drag-out fights. And were getting into it like you know, normal couples do. But, you know, when she brings it public and says that, I think immediately everybody thinks, oh my God, he's like yelling at her. He is verbally abusive. And he's a bad guy.

You know, it's not the case.

Steve Gidlow: OK. And another thing I kind of noticed, watching it last night. It seemed to be a little bit of a case of she wasn't just like not that into him. Like, he seemed completed besotted by her. But I think - I sensed a reservation on - I mean was I completely wrong on that? What - how - what are your feelings?

Chris Harrison: No, I get that. And, you know, it's funny. And I don't know if Chantal is on the line listening. But it was really funny because Emily was talking to me about her. And she was like I watched the show back, and I watched Brad and Chantal, and like they look so comfortable together, and their dates were so great.

And she's like, then I watch Brad and I. And it almost looked awkward and uncomfortable. And like -but Brad is like that. He is like that with women. When he really likes them, he gets nervous. It's almost like a schoolboy crush.

Chris Harrison: And they always have this weird almost cute awkwardness about them when they're together. And obviously I have been with them in private, and they don't have that. But definitely on camera I get that. And it almost seems weird together.But, you know, when they are off-camera, when they are just hanging out and talking, they are, you know, adorable together.

Delaina Dixon: (inaudible) questions. But do you think the difference in their ages - because I always thought that was a little bit of a problem is coming into play here? Obviously Emily knew what she was signing up for, you mentioned it yourself. The show was edited, so she is not seen - exactly what happened. So I am kind of wondering why she is backing off now, and why she is so upset.

Chris Harrison: You know, a couple of things. Well first of all, to answer your question about the age. Normally, I would say that's a good point. I think, you know, Emily has lived unfortunately a longer more experienced life than hopefully any of us will have to ever endure with the tragedies, and her and being a single mom.

I almost look at Emily honestly - you know, I am older than Brad is. But I feel like she is as old as I am when I talk to her. I mean she is so mature.
    And it's not like that with all the women on the show. I think it would have been different, and they probably would have gone their separate ways had it been a different girl who might have been younger, and they were facing these same problems.

But, you know, Emily has this resolve, and this maturity. And that's why I think they'll make it. You know, honestly, that's why I think they will go back and fight this out. Because they are a very mature couple. Brad, just life experience. But Emily too. And having a daughter, and knowing what's real and what's important. That I think they will have the resolve, and will gut this out. So, you know, I do think they'll get married.
    Shari Von Holten: OK. And one last question. Emily said that she was shown as boring on the show. What is she really like? I mean because a lot of people did think that she was a little bit too even keeled. And ...

Chris Harrison: I know. It's funny. And she always tells me. She's like, would you just ring a bell in my ear when I am not being interesting. And I was like, Emily, just be yourself. I'm like, you know, you're not here to put on a show, although it is a show. I'm like that's our job. I'm like just be yourself. And she is a lovely woman. And I don't know what - I don't know if she wants to come our juggling or swallow fire or whatever. But I am like, that's not your job. Just be the great girl you are.

Shari Von Holten: Does she have a sense of humor?

Chris Harrison: She does. Yes. Yes. She does. That's - she does. And, you know, that's funny about people say about Brad. Like, what's the one thing you don't know about Brad? And I am like Brad has a great terrific sense of humor. And he is a lot more outgoing.

And this - you know, and Chantal I think will be a perfect person to talk to about this. And what this does to you. And you are a little bit different. And, you know, because you know, you're going to be seen on TV. And so for a while, you kind of act like the person you think you want to be perceived as. And it's tough to open up. And it's tough to be yourself.

But, you know, and so Chantal I think, will give great insight to that. And I think Emily was the same way. It's like don't - you know, don't worry about it. Don't worry how people see you on TV. The main thing is Brad saw who you are.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/031611_03.html
    Here are some key point from Chris' Transcript that answer alot of things that were brought up or questioned here including confirmation about what Brad & BFC said about Emily being the one early on. The transcript is really long so I just posted these key points. I also included some excerpts of Chris H taking a couple of indirect shots at Brad's EX, Laurel (Roo), lol. Go to the link to read the whole transcript and Chantal's part. It's worth aread just exceptionally long.
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 03-20-2011 at 01:01 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1 View Post
    I too, as quite a few of you on this board, am happy Chantal moved on. It does strike me a little strange for this reason. She got a divorice from her husband. Then she auditions for the Bachelor not once but twice. She makes it the second time. I am almost thinking Brad was a rebound relationship. I also find it strange she rebounded so quickly to Jeff. I am not saying I don't want them to suceed. I am just saying I think it is really strange.
    I thought the exact same thing. Not critical, just strange. Chantal had her heart broken to pieces and now has one of the quickest rebounds in history?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I think the rags are going to play up and run with the most exaggerated angles that people have already been talking about regarding what's going on with the couple, but it's clear that this isn't a simple fairy tale either. I suspect Emily has come out of the Bachelor Bubble, and realizes that although she really cares for Brad, and maybe even loves him, this relationship has many issues to work out. The points she brought up at ATFR actually showed me she has a good grip on what those issues are and how to best handle/approach them, even though perhaps she should have just shared those comments with a therapist and not with 10 million strangers. As far as I see it, they are now just like any two adults with established lives, in a long distance exclusive relationship, trying to figure out if it makes sense to merge those lives together in the future, except that she is already wearing an engagement ring. Most couples wait until they have worked out those issues before getting engaged, and I suspect if not for the show, so would have Emily.
    The first step towards dealing with problems between couples is to name them; second is to own them; and then brainstorm possible solutions. I think Brad and Emily are two steps towards working out their problems. Other couples will not even acknowledge there is a problem!

Closed Thread