Closed Thread
Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

One thing I've learned over the seasons is that the show is edited a certain way for a reason. Tptb know how a season ends when they start the edit and decide what kind of story they want to tell. What I saw with the F1 that just wasn't into her lead - no chemistry and no fun!! Even Emily is annoyed by her edit. But the question is ....WHY?... why did she get that edit? WHY did Brad get the edit of akward school boy drooling over the cold fish? Well, I saw pretty much the same thing repeated at the ATFR, and I have a feeling that Fleiss and Co. saw the writing on the wall hence the edited version of what went on during taping, just so we won't be surprised when the inevitable happens. Just my 2 cents on what went on this season
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    There are so many differences between these two, age being the first one. Then there is the parenting issue, that is a big one, it is very difficult to become an instant parent to a 5 year old. Then there is the geographical difference, its a long way apart when you consider the grandparents exsistance in little Rikki's life, that only adds to the miles apart they already are living. The lifestyle difference, there is a 38yrld man still living in the college bar scene and a too young woman living in a fishbowl with her daughter and the child's grandparents. Now add the issues that Brad has with his temper...women...comitement... honesty...etc. By June this tune will be so over. IMO.
    I so agree.. they just aren't meant to be, honestly. There are so many issues between them, and I think Emily is better off finding someone close to her age. I mean she's only 25!! Brad on the other hand, needs to go back to therapy because it sounds like he's going back to his old ways when he was with Laurel.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    There are so many differences between these two, age being the first one. Then there is the parenting issue, that is a big one, it is very difficult to become an instant parent to a 5 year old. Then there is the geographical difference, its a long way apart when you consider the grandparents exsistance in little Rikki's life, that only adds to the miles apart they already are living. The lifestyle difference, there is a 38yrld man still living in the college bar scene and a too young woman living in a fishbowl with her daughter and the child's grandparents. Now add the issues that Brad has with his temper...women...comitement... honesty...etc. By June this tune will be so over. IMO.
    I guess we will see in June.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    One thing I've learned over the seasons is that the show is edited a certain way for a reason. Tptb know how a season ends when they start the edit and decide what kind of story they want to tell. What I saw with the F1 that just wasn't into her lead - no chemistry and no fun!! Even Emily is annoyed by her edit. But the question is ....WHY?... why did she get that edit? WHY did Brad get the edit of akward school boy drooling over the cold fish? Well, I saw pretty much the same thing repeated at the ATFR, and I have a feeling that Fleiss and Co. saw the writing on the wall hence the edited version of what went on during taping, just so we won't be surprised when the inevitable happens. Just my 2 cents on what went on this season
    What didn't I think of that?

I think that is what happened. I wondered why they made her look so boring. I read a 2009 Nashville article about Emily where she described herself as a free-spirit. I thought, "Really, Emily? Free spirit?", but she was to that point, dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueloveforever View Post
    That was great! Awesome job!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    You may have something there, but I also think that Emily was edited as so bland and inoffensive because the producers wanted to get the most bang for the buck out of her tragic backstory, and wanted her to come across, first and foremost, as "butter wouldn't melt in her mouth". Hell, they even got one of the women to compare her to Mother Teresa! Maybe the times her personality came out was when she also was being snarky, and they didn't want to show her saying anything the least bit risque or controversial (or what some of us might call interesting) for fear that it would mar her pristine heroine image. Her edit also was in direct opposition to the other finalist, Chantal, in that one was overly emotional and one was overly reserved, so it set up a classic dichotomy, which is a great plot device.

I remain convinced that Emily by nature is very physically reserved with her emotions/affections and generally never chases men, so whatever feelings she may have been developing for Brad, she didn't act on them very much, or at least far less than the other women. I also think that this might account for her shock and difficulty at watching how physically aggressive some of the other women were with Brad (and how much he seemed to like it) because it is not her style to behave that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    You may have something there, but I also think that Emily was edited as so bland and inoffensive because the producers wanted to get the most bang for the buck out of her tragic backstory, and wanted her to come across, first and foremost, as "butter wouldn't melt in her mouth". Hell, they even got one of the women to compare her to Mother Teresa! Maybe the times her personality came out was when she also was being snarky, and they didn't want to show her saying anything the least bit risque or controversial (or what some of us might call interesting) for fear that it would mar her pristine heroine image. Her edit also was in direct opposition to the other finalist, Chantal, in that one was overly emotional and one was overly reserved, so it set up a classic dichotomy, which is a great plot device.

I remain convinced that Emily by nature is very physically reserved with her emotions/affections and generally never chases men, so whatever feelings she may have been developing for Brad, she didn't act on them very much, or at least far less than the other women. I also think that this might account for her shock and difficulty at watching how physically aggressive some of the other women were with Brad (and how much he seemed to like it) because it is not her style to behave that way.
    Emily and Chantal were night and day. Nothing wrong with either.... everyone likes someone different...that is what makes the world go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1 View Post
    Emily and Chantal were night and day. Nothing wrong with either.... everyone likes someone different...that is what makes the world go around.
    When it comes to showing your feelings and being vulnerable... I totally agree!! Brad is so like Emily in that regard. Both of them brought out the love they felt for one another. That says it pretty much to me, of course... in a nutshell.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Fan

I think u r right. Just not her style and she was not comfotable in front of camera. I choose to believe she loves brad and in the real world they will be. Just fine. The show is over and - feel this is the best thing to help them move forward. I think a wedding is coming

I hear what you are saying but don't understand why they'd want her to have a "pristine heroine image" (great way to describe it BTW) unless they had other plans for her. What would the purpose be?

It was certainly disappointing for some of us who wanted to see some passion and romance. Ali and Chris had far more zest and excitement in their relationship even though it ended in friendship. I just don't get it!

One other thing, how could Emily not know what was going on during the other dates? Didn't she notice him making out with Britt in plain view? Don't the women usually brag/talk about their kisses? I think it says a lot for Chantal that she apparently wasn't rubbing anyone's nose in how romantic her dates were (in contrast to past contestants like Vienna). It's like Emily had blinders on the whole season which I find odd.

Closed Thread