Closed Thread
Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

FORT Fanatic

Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1 View Post
    I agree. I think People was closer to the truth. They actually talked and interviewed with them. The others are just pulling things out of the air to sell their mags. Those mags don't care who they drag in the mud as long as the mag sells. YOu can look at the covers and tell some are just out and out lies.
    ITA, the people magazine artice was very well done.

I think the rags are going to play up and run with the most exaggerated angles that people have already been talking about regarding what's going on with the couple, but it's clear that this isn't a simple fairy tale either. I suspect Emily has come out of the Bachelor Bubble, and realizes that although she really cares for Brad, and maybe even loves him, this relationship has many issues to work out. The points she brought up at ATFR actually showed me she has a good grip on what those issues are and how to best handle/approach them, even though perhaps she should have just shared those comments with a therapist and not with 10 million strangers. As far as I see it, they are now just like any two adults with established lives, in a long distance exclusive relationship, trying to figure out if it makes sense to merge those lives together in the future, except that she is already wearing an engagement ring. Most couples wait until they have worked out those issues before getting engaged, and I suspect if not for the show, so would have Emily.
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-19-2011 at 07:38 PM.

FORT Newbie

Did it seem odd to anyone, there wasn't any type of parting gift for the couple or do they know something we don't? Lol Then again, maybe bringing the past couples back was the gift itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterScotch7 View Post
    Did it seem odd to anyone, there wasn't any type of parting gift for the couple or do they know something we don't? Lol Then again, maybe bringing the past couples back was the gift itself.
    did they give one for Ali and Roberto I don't remember..but as for Emily and Brad it could be something as simple as they didn't want one since she had already spent so much time away from Rikki
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    did they give one for Ali and Roberto I don't remember..but as for Emily and Brad it could be something as simple as they didn't want one since she had already spent so much time away from Rikki
    Yep. They flew them to Catalina Island.

FORT Fan

Wow, this room is really divided. It's strange, it's like one group is watching one AFTR show and the other group is watching a completely different one. I saw nothing but love and a true desire to overcome their obstacles and make the relationship work from both of them. They've had no time to work on getting their communication honed the way "normal" dating couples do right from the casual dating to where they have a more serious relationship. I don't think the few days they had in isolation during the show really count for much. They might very well end it after their contractual obligations are met so I guess we'll all have to sit back and see.

Quote Originally Posted by thethreej's View Post
    It is definitely going to be a long road for both of them, but it is funny how everybody sees things so diferently. At the ATFRC I saw her hanging onto him for dear life. As for the pics in Austin she looked relieved to me that they can finally be out in public and be a real couple. My fav Austin pic of them is the one taken where she has her head on his shoulder and has her arms wrapped in his. It is very sweet. I doubt if she wanted it to be over, she would fly to Austin and spend several days alone with Brad. That doesn't even make sense. If they wanted to continue for the public only, I doubt she would be going to him, she would make him come to her where she is more comfortable. If it was a sham, I dont think it says anywhere in the conctract that they have to be seen with eachother. They could just let everything die down, and a couple of months later just say it didn't work out and they are going their seperate ways. These relationships seldom work out, but at least they are trying to do it their way. JMO from my observations also.
    I agree. I think they are so relieved that this whole thing is over. In time the boards will dry up and people will get tired of it. I am hoping they are taking the other 3 couples advise to get on with their lives and ignore the boards and mags.

I too think they make a nice couple. I think so much that has been said it out of context and putting this and that together and twisting with others spin on it. Such a shame that they are under such a magnifying glass.

I actually think this is my favorite bachlor in a long time. Way different than the last one. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by domvan View Post
    Wow, this room is really divided. It's strange, it's like one group is watching one AFTR show and the other group is watching a completely different one. I saw nothing but love and a true desire to overcome their obstacles and make the relationship work from both of them. They've had no time to work on getting their communication honed the way "normal" dating couples do right from the casual dating to where they have a more serious relationship. I don't think the few days they had in isolation during the show really count for much. They might very well end it after their contractual obligations are met so I guess we'll all have to sit back and see.
    do they love each other....yes I think they do as much as each of them are capable of loving one another but........even when 2 people love each other and really and truly care about each other....they are not good for each other in a relationship

when the same 2 people talk about their relationship as violatale and having knock down drag out fights....maybe they are just not right for each other even though they do care for and love each other

its just sometimes I dont' think love is enough

I think both of them are good people...I am just not sure if they are good for each other
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 03-19-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    do they love each other....yes I think they do as much as each of them are capable of loving one another but........even when 2 people love each other and really and truly care about each other....they are not good for each other in a relationship

when the same 2 people talk about their relationship as violatale and having knock down drag out fights....maybe they are just not right for each other even though they do care for and love each other

its just sometimes I dont' think love is enough

I think both of them are good people...I am just not sure if they are good for each other

Just like Channy said: once you find the right person, everything else just falls into place, it's just a matter of being with the right person.. and I don't think they're meant to be. IMO

Btw, thanks for the pic of Channy & Jeff, trueloveforever! Your video was fabulous too.

FORT Fanatic

There are so many differences between these two, age being the first one. Then there is the parenting issue, that is a big one, it is very difficult to become an instant parent to a 5 year old. Then there is the geographical difference, its a long way apart when you consider the grandparents exsistance in little Rikki's life, that only adds to the miles apart they already are living. The lifestyle difference, there is a 38yrld man still living in the college bar scene and a too young woman living in a fishbowl with her daughter and the child's grandparents. Now add the issues that Brad has with his temper...women...comitement... honesty...etc. By June this tune will be so over. IMO.

Closed Thread