Closed Thread
Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 723

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

  1. #571
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    When is the Royal Wedding? Brad and Emily are both such egotists, they are probably waiting for the RW to be over so they can try to upstage it.
    Brad wants his own version of royalty at his wedding: Hugh Hefner!

  2. #572
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    496

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Wouldn't it be expected that she continue to wear the ring to keep up the appearance that everything is still 'rosey'?

  3. #573
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Emily did want to have her say and who would not blame her. As CH said in the presser on the 15th, "says Harrison. "Seeing the * that was printed in the tabloids. When you have tabloids throwing money left and right ... printing just garbage, to save a failing magazine, that's tough to deal with. Some of the things that were said went way beyond the line of decency ... there's a line of decency that was definitely crossed with them. I think that's part of the reason they've decided 'Screw it, we're not doing press today.'"

    Brad and Emily knew during the ATFR, that with the exception of the People magazine interview and photo shoot, they chose not to do any other press. It seemed to me, that Brad let HER have her say, get it off her chest and not sugar coat it.

    [edit]The Bachelor really is reality, off camera | Love, Brittney | Creative Loafing Charlotte[/url] summed it really well, "...Who is anyone to judge Emily or Brad and their relationship? None of us have walked in Emily’s stilettos. Our inner critic is harsh enough on us — no one deserves to be publically judged by strangers. ..."


    I'm with you zydacoegirl, is corn ball really worth this kind of mush in public if you do not really mean it?

    Closing credits of AFTR...

    Brad: "I love you."
    Emily mouthes "I love you too."
    Brad: "It's about time let me see it [the engagement ring]."
    Emily: "I know!"
    Brad: "I almost choked up."
    Emily: "I know that is so sweet."
    Brad: "What have you made me?"
    Emily: "A big old baby."

    I took it as humorous and endearing. He is able to laugh a bit at some of the struggle that they have gone through. Laughter is the best medicine that ails you even in relationships.
    I'll say the same thing I said before when this line was quoted. If they didn't want to be judged publicly by strangers, they shouldn't have gone on this show. Brad knows better than just about anyone ever to appear on the show how harsh the public judgment is (yet chose to do it all again), and I'm sure Emily had watched the show before and seen harsh judgments made about both leads and contestants in the media. They both had no excuse for being surprised at any judgments or criticisms directed at them as the result of being on this rather ridiculous show.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-19-2011 at 06:19 PM.

  4. #574
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Emily did want to have her say and who would not blame her. As CH said in the presser on the 15th, "says Harrison. "Seeing the * that was printed in the tabloids. When you have tabloids throwing money left and right ... printing just garbage, to save a failing magazine, that's tough to deal with. Some of the things that were said went way beyond the line of decency ... there's a line of decency that was definitely crossed with them. I think that's part of the reason they've decided 'Screw it, we're not doing press today.'"
    Speaking of crossing the lines of decency, it really bugs me how CH tries to present himself as some great friend to Brad and Emily, yet he probably was the head cheerleader, who was encouraging them to have a quickie wedding in March, which would have been in the best interests of the show, but certainly not in the best interests of the couple and the health of their relationship. I sure wouldn't want a friend like that.

  5. #575
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    833

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Wouldn't it be expected that she continue to wear the ring to keep up the appearance that everything is still 'rosey'?
    Isn't the contract 3 or 4 months from the finale? Jake and Vienna broke up as soon as the contract let them, after pretending they were really engaged. lol, so will Brad and Emily. It's just a matter of time.

  6. #576
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    833

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I'll say the same thing I said before when this line was quoted. If they didn't want to be judged publicly by strangers, they shouldn't have gone on this show. Brad knows better than just about anyone ever to appear on the show how harsh the public judgment is (yet chose to do it all again), and I'm sure Emily had watched the show before and seen harsh judgments made about both leads and contestants in the media. They both had no excuse for being surprised at any judgments or criticisms directed at them as the result of being on this rather ridiculous show.
    ITA and may I add, they never should have aired their dirty laundry on the AFRC. I got the impression it was not a scripted thing, nor did TPTB tell them to say all that nasty stuff about their fights, breaking up, snarky remarks at each other and the relationship in general. Brad and Emily opened themselves up to all the bashing because of their actions and words on the AFRC. It was not a pretty or romantic thing to see and hear.

  7. #577
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Speaking of crossing the lines of decency, it really bugs me how CH tries to present himself as some great friend to Brad and Emily, yet he probably was the head cheerleader, who was encouraging them to have a quickie wedding in March, which would have been in the best interests of the show, but certainly not in the best interests of the couple and the health of their relationship. I sure wouldn't want a friend like that.
    I wouldn't doubt that it's in his job description to act all chummy to the leads. That way he creates a sense of trust that he can use to subtly manipulate outcomes. Remember when he "counseled" Jillian about Ed and Reid when Reid came back for the FRC? IMO, he obviously swayed her decision ... unless the indecision was all phony ... poor Jilly had her heart set on Ed ... but she did seem to be upset and at least a little torn. Obviously, it all turned out for the best ... at least for Reid! I don't think he should be influencing anyone's decisions under the guise of having their best interests at heart. He's a company man all the way.

  8. #578
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Speaking of crossing the lines of decency, it really bugs me how CH tries to present himself as some great friend to Brad and Emily, yet he probably was the head cheerleader, who was encouraging them to have a quickie wedding in March, which would have been in the best interests of the show, but certainly not in the best interests of the couple and the health of their relationship. I sure wouldn't want a friend like that.

    The show only thinks about its ratings and that's for sure. I would'nt know when CH was being sincere or honest vs when he's not. I do know, in Ch first bachelor interview after the taping, I guess. He told the press, he was shocked over who Brad had choosen and he hoped that it works out! Being a Chantel fan, I thought to myself wow, does he dislike Chantal so much he would come out and make such a statement? Little did I know then, he was talking about Brad choosing Emily. Every interview after that, he kind of cleaned it up so to speak saying, Brad chose who was right for him. It all makes sense now! CH knew from being with Brad and the women on the show that Brad made a big mistake, but hey, it was his choice to make. Lastly, I was so happy that CH called Brad out when Chantal was asking the tough questions that Brad didn't want to answer, because of Emily being backstage. It would have been nice, if they could have at least been friends, but Brad placed a nail in that coffin for good! Do I think it made any difference to Emily ....NO!

  9. #579
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,864

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterScotch7 View Post
    The show only thinks about its ratings and that's for sure. I would'nt know when CH was being sincere or honest vs when he's not. I do know, in Ch first bachelor interview after the taping, I guess. He told the press, he was shocked over who Brad had choosen and he hoped that it works out! Being a Chantel fan, I thought to myself wow, does he dislike Chantal so much he would come out and make such a statement? Little did I know then, he was talking about Brad choosing Emily. Every interview after that, he kind of cleaned it up so to speak saying, Brad chose who was right for him. It all makes sense now! CH knew from being with Brad and the women on the show that Brad made a big mistake, but hey, it was his choice to make. Lastly, I was so happy that CH called Brad out when Chantal was asking the tough questions that Brad didn't want to answer, because of Emily being backstage. It would have been nice, if they could have at least been friends, but Brad placed a nail in that coffin for good! Do I think it made any difference to Emily ....NO!
    CH talks out both sides of his mouth. Depends on what day it is what side you get. He is a company man all the way. He is an instigator.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

  10. #580
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    287

    Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

    Quote Originally Posted by klmom3 View Post
    Is the Royal Wedding William and Kate or Ali and Roberto?
    Bwahahahaha!!!
    Brad to Emily: It's real...it's definitely real.

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.