Closed Thread
Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I think the biggest red flag was on the ATFR show when what Emily was saying (throwing the ILY around) didn't fit with how she looked. I just don't think she's feeling what Brad feels and is pulling away emotionally. I do think if she feels that way it's probably for the best if she's not involving Ricki. If I'm wrong then Ricki should be coming with her to Austin in the future and seeing Brad in his environment. School is important but she's in kindergarten for heaven's sake and taking her out for a few days here and there is absolutely an option.
    I do understand your point, however being in the field of early childhood education, I feel I need to say that kindergarten is not a place to "just play, take a nap and have snack". These days kindergarten is actually very academic and, I know in my state, kindergarteners are already held to high performance standards and involved in formalized testing. They are also held to the exact same attandance guidelines as a graduating senior is. I am sure it is similar in Charlotte where Ricki is attending. Truancy is not an issue that a lot of districts take lightly. I'm afraid that going to visit Mr. Brad wouldn't be an excused absence.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    He did. It sounded odd and to some perhaps was said jokingly but did not translate properly into print ?

I would have loved to see that interview and what actually went down because them printing out word for word what was said could have been misleading.
    I took it that they were enjoying the "trying" stage. Not that they were actually planning and preparing for Emily to get pregnant but that they are being a happy couple right now and enjoying that stage of it. You know, like Michelle saying that she was anxious to practice making babies... I took it tongue in cheek.
    Last edited by LibbyBell; 03-17-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    And I respect that - but they're talking out of both sides of their mouths - interviews indicate that they're 'rock solid', planning on having more children and heading towards marriage. It's all over the place - are they 'getting to know each other better' before bringing Ricki into the mix, or are they a fully engaged couple working towards having a family - that's where I get confused.

They don't know where the having a baby now quote or whatever it was came from. They are like a new excited couple right now. They aren't planning babies. They didn't know where that came from

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Wow...amazing. So if this be true, it must be safe to assume their relationship is now on more solid footing?
    I think it's more safe to assume that Brad was misquoted, or they have both lost their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    They don't know where the having a baby now quote or whatever it was came from. They are like a new excited couple right now. They aren't planning babies. They didn't know where that came from
    Apparently, it was a quote by Brad in People.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I think it's more safe to assume that Brad was misquoted, or they have both lost their minds.
    I think he was joking. I really do.

BFC if you are still online, read the people article where Brad said "We're trying" and let us know in what context that phrase could possibly have come from please ???

edited ..bad spelling
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    I think he was joking. I really do.

BFC if you are still online, read the people article where Brad said "We're trying" and let us know in what context that phraze could possibly have come from please ???
    I dont' have time now. But I talked to them specifically about that last night and they don't know where it came from. Maybe he said something out of context. I don't know. But they aren't stupid. The last thing they are working on right now is having a baby. That really is a ridiculous idea reguardless of what the article says. They know that

I dont' have time now. But I talked to them specifically about that last night and they don't know where it came from. Maybe he said something out of context. I don't know. But they aren't stupid. The last thing they are working on right now is having a baby. That really is a ridiculous idea reguardless of what the article says. They know that
    Glad to hear that.

Tell them we are all happy for them.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Why you can't believe a word of what they say at this stage of filming/wrap up (from the contract):
    The contract reads that they need approval of what's said about their breakup or relationship. Monday night seemed pretty honest though coaxed by Chris and edited. As for the show's involvement in the breakups, we saw two different approaches with JED and Jakenna. Jakenna was more explosive than JED and thus got more coverage from the press and the show. Nothing was broadcasted on the show or even the press was minimal about JED's end.

We can interpret Bremily's lack of media in two ways: 1. It's really horrible, and the show is trying to paint a less severe picture or 2. It's not as bad as the show is making it, but the drama keeps people interested.

If the contract is covering the show's own image evident in the line--"reflects on the series"-then it's doing what it needs to do for that image. They paraded out Alberto, Jolly, and Tryan to show success; they brought out the "broken" Bremily to show the drama. No denying that they have some issues, but if it really was so horrible, why not just let them flounder and fail like the majority of these couples? Why invest in them at all? It would have packed more of a wallop if they just let us see them broken up. We need to consider this point to if we're gonna judge the whole scene.

And who knows if Brad and Emily pulled the plug on media rounds or if it was a production decision?

If they fail, then they do, but I prefer that admission that they are struggling than what I saw with Jed, Jakenna, and Jesse/Deanna. At least we know it. In the end, we'll know why it didn't work. I think they just might make it.

When the odds are stacked against them, many couples become ever more strong and united. One of my best friends has a marriage built on trial after trial from outside sources. She and her husband are incredibly strong and deeply in love as a result of having to be each other's rock. They've been together for 8 years.
    Last edited by veg_out; 03-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well that would be a wise decision on their part, given recent circumstances.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I wish I felt so confident of Emily's "smarts," but I don't, given that she and Brad were apparently planning a wedding at the ATFR, but then we were told the plans "went awry." Don't know if we were ever given the true reason it didn't pan out ... we were told Emily wanted a real wedding with the bridesmaids, her family and friends, Ricki, etc. ... but for her to have even been considering for two minutes marrying Brad at that point when he had spent only a few hours with her daughter doesn't give me a whole lot of faith about her dedication to doing the right thing for her daughter or for herself, at least not at that time. I can only hope that she was in some sort of brainwashed trance at the time and "woke up" before it was too late! It was one of those things that makes me say, "What the he!! was she thinking?!"
    They weren't planning-- TPTB were planning and suggested it to them. They may have considered it briefly but I don't think it was in the "planning" stage!

Closed Thread