Closed Thread
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    It's like American Idol, and the votes just came in. The wisdom of the masses. ATFR was a Buzz Kill for the Emily Fans.
    TPTB is pretty hilarious. The audience never, ever wins.

Last year, pre-finale polls showed Chris leading Roberto by over 25%. Post-finale, when asked if she made the right decision, some intensely huge number, 75% IIRC, said she did.

This year, pre-finale polls showed 80% in favor of Emily. Post-finale, polls are now showing anywhere between 65 and 75% voting that they're over or "won't make it."

In my head, this is TPTB's reaction: gotcha suckhas (again)!

And with that, see everyone next season!! It's been entertaining and snarky, if nothing else.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh View Post
    Except if I were them I would be spending my time getting to know Ricki and not spending time in Austin. If Brad is going to be her step-father he really needs to spend more than one day with her.
    Jason has already alluded to lil Ricki meeting his friends and family in Austin in the near future.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

It's like American Idol, and the votes just came in. The wisdom of the masses. ATFR was a Buzz Kill for the Emily Fans.
    It wasn't a buzz kill for me. This board has been more of the buzz kill, imo. I noticed that right after Ali's season the mods started shutting things down a day or two after the ATFR aired. They aren't doing any media so there's not much to talk about.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by CruGirl13 View Post
    As an Emily fan and lurker on the site I have to say that I still wish the happy couple the best and hope they make it, but as an Emily fan it has been hard to read some of the stuff being said about them so I just stopped reading. It has nothing do with the ATFR which I think was not as bad as people are making it out to be.
    I didn't think the ATFR was bad either. They were honest and admitted they had problems to work through. If they had gone on there and acting like everything was picture perfect they would have been lying. How, when they just went through this show and all the horrible things posted in the media, can everything be perfect? I think they are truly in love and are very smart to be focusing on their relationship. When the time is right they will do media, maybe. I wish them all the happiness in the world and can't wait to hear that they are getting married, when they are ready not when everyone else wants them to get married.
    Believe

I agree I loved the AFR. Not because of the issue between Emily and Brad but because it made everyone realize it is real people with real feelings. I really think this has been my favorite season in a long, long time. Remember Jake? How about Bob? Now those were fake seasons for sure.
    I am rooting for Emily and Brad. I do think as long as they keep the communication going then they do have a chance. I also hope they send us a note now and then with a pic on how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by George1218 View Post
    I didn't think the ATFR was bad either. They were honest and admitted they had problems to work through. If they had gone on there and acting like everything was picture perfect they would have been lying. How, when they just went through this show and all the horrible things posted in the media, can everything be perfect? I think they are truly in love and are very smart to be focusing on their relationship. When the time is right they will do media, maybe. I wish them all the happiness in the world and can't wait to hear that they are getting married, when they are ready not when everyone else wants them to get married.
    Not only would they have been lying, but they would have been ridiculed even more for being the "boring robots" that they were accused of being during the airing of the show. Now that they show that they are real with a real range of emotions, they are ridiculed for that. I don't blame them one bit for staying out of the spotlight, which I think is hilarious that folks are up in arms about this choice seeing as how they accused Em of being a fame whore. People are going to hate on them if they do and if they don't, so them saying, "No" is a big "Screw You" to all the naysayers.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    TPTB is pretty hilarious. The audience never, ever wins.

Last year, pre-finale polls showed Chris leading Roberto by over 25%. Post-finale, when asked if she made the right decision, some intensely huge number, 75% IIRC, said she did.

This year, pre-finale polls showed 80% in favor of Emily. Post-finale, polls are now showing anywhere between 65 and 75% voting that they're over or "won't make it."

In my head, this is TPTB's reaction: gotcha suckhas (again)!

And with that, see everyone next season!! It's been entertaining and snarky, if nothing else.
    ABC's The Bachelor Finale Dominates Monday Night
    By Bill Gorman– March 15, 2011
    Posted in: Network TV Press Releases

via press note:

With the season finale of The Bachelor and The Bachelor: After the Final Rose special, ABC posted a definitive Monday victory, beating runner-up Fox’s original line-up (House/The Chicago Code) by 5.0 million viewers (13.8 million vs. 8.8 million) and by 67% in Adults 18-49 (4.5/12 vs. 2.7/8). In fact, ABC won all 6 half-hours on Monday night in viewers and young adults.

•Hitting a season high in Adults 18-49, ABC posted its top-rated Monday in close to 1 year – since 3/29/10.

ABC’s 15th season finale of The Bachelor turned in a time-period dominant 13.8 million viewers and a 4.5 rating, 12 share in Adults 18-49, putting the Network into first place in the 2-hour time period for the 4th straight week. In addition, ABC earned first place the 2-hour time slot among Adults 18-34 for the 7th consecutive week.

•The Bachelor built its audience during each half-hour from 8:00-10:00 p.m., jumping by 3.4 million viewers (12.3 million to 15.7 million) and by 33% Adults 18-49 (3.9/12 to 5.2/14) from its first half-hour to its final half-hour, as Brad Womack proposed to Emily Maynard.

•The finale produced ABC’s biggest audience in the time period since November and its top Adult 18-49 number since September – since 11/22/10 and 9/27/10, respectively.

•Surging week to week by 3.8 million viewers and by 45% in young adults (10.0 million & 3.1/9 in Adults 18-49 on 3/7/11), The Bachelor marked a season-high performance. In addition, The Bachelor generated its 3rd-most-watched finale in the show’s last 11 seasons – since Fall 2003 on 11/19/03.

ABC’s The Bachelor: After the Final Rose towered over the 10 o’clock hour in Total Viewers (13.9 million) and Adults 18-49 (4.7/12), finishing well ahead of NBC’s original Harry’s Law (10.0 million and 1.7/5) and CBS’ encore Hawaii Five-0 (7.3 million & 1.9/5). In fact among Adults 18-49,The Bachelor special beat the combined delivery of CBS and NBC by 31% (4.7/12 vs. 3.6/10). Building on its lead-in, The Bachelor: After the Final Rose stood as Monday’s #1 TV program in Adults 18-49.

•In Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, the special generated ABC’s top numbers in the time period in nearly 1 year – since 3/29/10 and 3/1/10, respectively.

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Regular

The crickets are chirping around here, not even 48 hours after finale. Bad sign for the Happy Couple.
    I am not sure what "we" fans have to do with it. Do they need our life points or something?! I am sure Brad and Emily aren't very worried about what the people on FORT have to say or what the latest poll numbers from insertirrelvanttabloidnamehere .com have to say. They are off living their lives! I think I outta do that myself now. bye.
    Last edited by Tessio55; 03-16-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessio55 View Post
    I am not sure what "we" fans have to do with it. Do they need our life points or something?! I am sure

Brad and Emily aren't very worried about what the people on FORT have to say. They are off living their lives! I think I outta do that myself now. bye.
    All 300 of us. We make a huge impression. Gotta say though, there's no place like Fort to follow TB or Bette. Good times... may they continue to roll on.

well JMO..I think they will be bop around for a couple of weeks and put on a good show..no interviews but being seen here and there together then they will fade into the background and probably about the time of the so called Royal wedding (which for some reason escapes me why so many people here are facinated with it) there will be a quiet announcement from ABC that they have broken up and they will not give any interviews and asking us once again to please respect their privacy

I am just wondering if they will do as Roo predicted and if they do will we even know about it..the breaking up and getting back together...since it appears that has already happened a couple of times
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 03-16-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Closed Thread