Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    It's sad, but I truly believe that this is the dynamic that Brad seeks in a relationship, and maybe he doesn't believe he's worthy enough for something healthier. He had the same fight, break up, send gift, grovel, make up, lather, rinse, repeat going on with Laurel, but she probably still made it too easy for him. Emily not only is the "perfect southern princess" type he has always dreamed of marrying, she is also quite expert at making him work for every concession and scrap of affection she is willing to offer him. And he likes it that way, since he is now "more in love than ever". The Christian Louboutin store in Austin must be celebrating this coupling.
    I wonder how satisfied Emily is now that she finds herself actually living Laurel's life.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    It's sad, but I truly believe that this is the dynamic that Brad seeks in a relationship, and maybe he doesn't believe he's worthy enough for something healthier. He had the same fight, break up, send gift, grovel, make up, lather, rinse, repeat going on with Laurel, but she probably still made it too easy for him. Emily not only is the "perfect southern princess" type he has always dreamed of marrying, she is also quite expert at making him work for every concession and scrap of affection she is willing to offer him. And he likes it that way, since he is now "more in love than ever". The Christian Louboutin store in Austin must be celebrating this coupling.
    Well I personally doesn't hope that Emily will enable him to play this break up and get back together again routine...the only reason it went on for 8 years with Laurel is 1. I do believe she loved him but 2. She allowed him to continue this pattern time after time...I think if Emily puts her foot down and makes it clear that in no way will she play this game with him it could stop...I think if Laurel had done the same thing years ago..it would have stopped but one of the best pieces of advise I got concerning my ex husband and the way he treated me was "the circle will continue until YOU finally have had enough and when you get to that point you will put a stop to it and mean it...and low and behold that advise was right..once I finally stood up for myself and made it clear I wasn't going to play these games anymore it was over for good..because I refused to enable him to treat me that way
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Frankly, I believe it much tougher than we ever saw. She may do the on and off a couple of times, but i think she's got too much of a backbone and stubborn streak to allow herself and her daughter to be put in that situation.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

But the on and off situation seems more like it is Emily that is on and off and not Brad. It is Emily that is quoted as saying "I can't do this anymore." Brad seems more sure of himself going into the relationship than Emily is. I think it is her that needs the reassurance and is having more of the difficulty dealing with the tabloids and the Monday night viewings. I think Brad developed a tougher skin after the way the tabloids attacked him after his first turn at being the bachelor. I think a lot of their "fights" have been over the tabloid garbage and the show edit. Remember up til now the Hendricks have been able to somewhat shelter Emily from the tabloids and put a positive spin and things that came up. I think Emily thought she could handle it from having gone though that, but in reality the tabloid world of "The Bachelor" and the nature of the forums and world of tweets are a much harsher environment and I think Emily probably feels much more sucker punched with all this media circus. I think if they can just get out of the media bubble and get a good foot hold in real "reality" they might have a very good chance of surviving.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

They both said at the AFRC that "I can't do this anymore" came from both of them.

Given that it appears Brad has a history of not letting a lady go (ala Laurel) I get the vibe from him that he's the one that pursues in the 'off periods'
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    They both said at the AFRC that "I can't do this anymore" came from both of them.

Given that it appears Brad has a history of not letting a lady go (ala Laurel) I get the vibe from him that he's the one that pursues in the 'off periods'
    Another reference to the break ups...
    ‘Bachelor’ Brad Womack & Emily Maynard Admit: Broke Up Multiple Times & Delayed Wedding, But Trying For Kids! « Hollywood Life

Also that Brad is the pursuer? "Well considering that Brad already bought Emily flowers, Louboutin shoes and a Cartier bracelet worth several thousand dollars, Emily might as well enjoy the engagement."

Perhaps it was not ALL Brads fault. I am not saying Brad is not faultless...it takes two. If it was an issue Laurel should have broken up herself and put a stop to it.

Regarding the People interview.

Their relationship comes off so junior high. Which I understand it has to be hard to not be near each other and reassure each other but man oh man. In the beginning, two weeks after the finale happened, the Brad Womack of old reared his ugly head and I guess they broke up. (like Laurel) He realized he loves her and they get back together (like Laurel). Nothing happens until the show starts airing. This is when Emily starts freaking out. She said they would have a fight (over the phone) and break up at night. But then the next morning said they would just forget about it I guess after both of them had cooled off. The gifts all came on Tuesday's after she watched the show. She said she would have friends texting her saying that Brad is clearly in love with Chantal ... it's so her ... blah blah blah and that she read they had spent Thanksgiving together (thank you RS).

She talks about "poking the bear" again. (stop saying that!!)

Both of the them threw in the towel a couple of times but it seemed to only last a couple of hours.

Of course it wasn't all Brad's fault - but I get a creepy vibe from him - especially during the AFRC - as touching as it may have been for the viewers to hear him say 'she's my girl' - that bothered me because he seems so very possessive and not willing to just let Emily go. If she decides to break if off with him, I can see him doing his utmost to not let her move on without him.

Of course it wasn't all Brad's fault - but I get a creepy vibe from him - especially during the AFRC - as touching as it may have been for the viewers to hear him say 'she's my girl' - that bothered me because he seems so very possessive and not willing to just let Emily go. If she decides to break if off with him, I can see him doing his utmost to not let her move on without him.
    I remember Wes saying that he would get extremely jealous when he was dating Laurel. I wanna know though if all of this dysfunction came because Laurel kept refusing to commit to him? Like had she committed to him if he would have been less crazy. I just get the feeling that she strung him along for 8 years and then got annoyed when he came a calling. That's not cool. She should have cut him loose a long time ago instead of talking marriage with him and her mom.

Sorry to say I might go a little nutty too if I felt like I was losing DH, esp if someone else was involved.

Maybe being in bad relationship for 8 years made him bad at relationships.

Closed Thread