Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

Re: 3/14 The Bachelor 15: FINALE!

Just a dumb theory while re-watching on DVR the parts I'd missed:
    I think Emily's looks were/are a HUGE factor in Brad's decision. Does anyone else notice how much Emily looks like Chad's (the twin brother) wife?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Me, after too much RTV... alohatami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Just a dumb theory while re-watching on DVR the parts I'd missed:
    I think Emily's looks were/are a HUGE factor in Brad's decision. Does anyone else notice how much Emily looks like Chad's (the twin brother) wife?
    LOL, I noticed that, too.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I believe that he figured he'd better pick someone the second time around, even if it doesn't last. I'll be surprised if Brad & Emily make it to the alter. He seems more into her, than she is into him. Little things showing up early on...her not wanting to move to TX, she talks about his temper. Does he really want a ready made family? Time will tell. It would be nice.

"Brad did meet her parents or we know her dad for sure. He was flown to South Africa for Brad to ask his blessing to marry Emily. I would think her mother came as well."

Was the audience supposed to know this by osmosis? I'm wondering how YOU had that information. Well, anyway Emily seems to be a high maintenance chick who really does not fit into Brad's life. What was with the boots she wore all of the time? Yes, I think Emily looks very much like his twin brother's wife. I hope that wasn't one of the reasons he chose her.

But then they never pick the one I pick for them. I'm batting zero! I chose Jason for DeAnna; Jillian for Jason; Reid for Jillian; can't remember who for Jake (not Vienna); can't remember who for Alli (probably Frank but I think Roberto was a good choice); and Chantal for Brad!

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I believe that he figured he'd better pick someone the second time around, even if it doesn't last. I'll be surprised if Brad & Emily make it to the alter. He seems more into her, than she is into him. Little things showing up early on...her not wanting to move to TX, she talks about his temper. Does he really want a ready made family? Time will tell. It would be nice.
    I'm certain he was under the gun to pick someone this time around. (Even though I'm apparently in the minority for applauding him for NOT picking anyone the first time around. Hey, if it's not right, it's not right! The world is bigger than 30 women. Or 60 women. Why limit yourself to the choices at hand? They might not be the right choices?) And I truly believe that Princess Emily's resemblance to the sister-in-law (twin's wife) was a HUGE factor, if even subconscious.

BTW, for me, when I was single, ready-made family was always a deal-breaker.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u View Post
    Emily had Brad Womack at "hello" out of the limo. If he had wanted Chantall, he could have had her on a platter. He loves Emily, and it's been written all over his face and his nervous actions around her told the story. Chantal got the "friend card".

Brad did meet her parents or we know her dad for sure. He was flown to South Africa for Brad to ask his blessing to marry Emily. I would think her mother came as well.
    Exactly! No indication on finale night or in the interviews that he has progressed emotionally beyond a 15-year-old's crush on the unattainable blonde in math class, and now they get to go the prom!!! Flowers and shoes and a Cartier bracelet (source: People) as apologies? It's so friggin' insulting and immature.

But it matters naught. This particular chick (of indepedent means) is not going to hang around any longer than her fifteen minutes or next better opportunity, mark my words. Their mutual insecurities and tempers will sink it.

You can always count on the production crew who lived with this "couple" for so many months and months to depict the couple's downfall (or strengths). The ALmighty "Edit" showed us Not A Love Story ("robbing" them of that, in Brad's way of thinking) precisely because they can see the seeds of destruction, not glue of marriange there.

She showed so little emotion all season - except crying when she talked to her daughter, or the Nascar date. Otherwise she was completely in charge of her emotions, as if she really didn't give a crap - I found the proposal stiff and emotionless.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Exactly! No indication on finale night or in the interviews that he has progressed emotionally beyond a 15-year-old's crush on the unattainable blonde in math class, and now they get to go the prom!!! Flowers and shoes and a Cartier bracelet (source: People) as apologies? It's so friggin' insulting and immature.

But it matters naught. This particular chick (of indepedent means) is not going to hang around any longer than her fifteen minutes or next better opportunity, mark my words. Their mutual insecurities and tempers will sink it.

You can always count on the production crew who lived with this "couple" for so many months and months to depict the couple's downfall (or strengths). The ALmighty "Edit" showed us Not A Love Story ("robbing" them of that, in Brad's way of thinking) precisely because they can see the seeds of destruction, not glue of marriange there.
    agreed and the last time they gave away the "ending - F1" was when Jason picked Melissa... and the reason... that wasn't where the story ended... the real ending was that he changed his mind and wanted Molly his F2. This season, they gave away that Emily was his F1 (many of us thought it was too obvious to be true though - how silly were we? ) was because that wasnt going to be the real ending. I bet the producers could see a train wreck in the making and knew they'd get their real story at the ATFR..... as in the on-again, off-again, poke-the-bear saga
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    agreed and the last time they gave away the "ending - F1" was when Jason picked Melissa... and the reason... that wasn't where the story ended... the real ending was that he changed his mind and wanted Molly his F2. This season, they gave away that Emily was his F1 (many of us thought it was too obvious to be true though - how silly were we? ) was because that wasnt going to be the real ending. I bet the producers could see a train wreck in the making and knew they'd get their real story at the ATFR..... as in the on-again, off-again, poke-the-bear saga
    His family asked that and they know him so how many times have they poked the bear and got bitten by it. That was not some random thought thrown out there. They know he has a temper is what that is saying to me. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

that's how I interpretted it Nennie.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Closed Thread