Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

FORT Newbie

Re: 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

Wow, Emily's house was beautiful. I could not even believe her daughter's room - it was huge and full of really expensive furniture. I wonder where all the money comes from?

I think it will be really hard for Emily to find a husband - not because she isn't beautiful and sweet, because she is both, but her life is already so settled. It is clear that Ricki is so important to her and she clearly has stable finances. I think it would be really hard for a man to come in to that and not feel really intimidated. I kind of feel sorry for Emily - like when she said last night that she is usually alone every night when Ricki goes to bed.

Chantal's family's house was amazing too and her house was very pretty. Brad definitely has some wealthy ladies to choose from.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RHFan1205 View Post
    Wow, Emily's house was beautiful. I could not even believe her daughter's room - it was huge and full of really expensive furniture. I wonder where all the money comes from?

I think it will be really hard for Emily to find a husband - not because she isn't beautiful and sweet, because she is both, but her life is already so settled. It is clear that Ricki is so important to her and she clearly has stable finances. I think it would be really hard for a man to come in to that and not feel really intimidated. I kind of feel sorry for Emily - like when she said last night that she is usually alone every night when Ricki goes to bed.

Chantal's family's house was amazing too and her house was very pretty. Brad definitely has some wealthy ladies to choose from.
    Rickis grandparents (her deceased father) is one of the wealthiest if not the wealthiest families in nascar. Im sure she is very well taken care of by them!

FORT Newbie

I thought Ashley H. was already a dentist. I know there are several post graduate areas of training for dentistry, but they mentioned that she still has schooling to finish. Hmmm

FORT Newbie

I really liked seeing Emily's personality come out more in this episode. She just seems like she has so much to give and she is quite witty. The comment she made about "there is no way brad womack is getting out the door without a kiss" or something to that affect was cute. I thought chantal looked really pretty during the ht date but I didn't think her dress was very flattering at the rose ceremony. I thought emily and shawntel looked very pretty

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Shawntel's father's "You are needed here" speech was RIDICULOUS. She has HER life, and it isn't about YOUR PLANS.
    ETA: Funeral director family laying guilt-trip on Shawntel for possibly abandoning the business to move to Austin. "You know, your teacher really missed having you here when she lost her son while you were gone."
    I didn't like her dad at all. He was all about himself. He didn't care about his daughter's happiness, future grandchildren, or any of the stuff other fathers talked about. All he was concerned about was her not messing up his plans.

And that was a HUGE guilt trip he was laying on her. I'm sure that he is pleased that he screwed things up for her.

OTOH... I don't know that I could date a funeral director. I am a music director at a church and I have to run sound at a lot of funerals. Not my cup of tea.

I thought the whole scene with Shawntel's family was very staged. First, they run an ad for his funeral home, then they seemed to splice and dice the scenes with family.
    Not at all natural, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I hope to high heavens that the Shawntel date WAS staged, because otherwise her father is just a royally selfish jerk. If he had issues about her leaving town, they should've been discussed and settled before taping ever began. Obviously he knew where she was during filming and what she was doing.

I suspect the less intimacy the star feels with a contestant, the more the producers try to "write the script" on that contestant's hometown date, to meet the needs of the show itself. I'm guessing that they did numerous retakes during Shawntel's day (i.e. "can you repeat that last conversation again while we film it from this side now"), and probably few if any retakes on Ashley's.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I thought the whole scene with Shawntel's family was very staged. First, they run an ad for his funeral home, then they seemed to splice and dice the scenes with family.
    Not at all natural, IMO.
    How large is Shawntel's town... large enough to have more than one funeral home? The episode was CERTAINLY a very good advertisement for their business, with all the talk of giving the mourning families peace and demonstrating their commitment to being there anytime the townsfolk need them, etc. I wonder if this was simply an attempt to gain ground on a competing funeral home?

Kinda a weird concept... I don't usually think of a funeral home trying to win customers...

Great post StellaGeorge. I agree with all that you have said. Chantal is not being given a sympathetic edit while the others are. We have no way of knowing what any of these girls are really like so I agree with you. I especially liked your comments on Emily. It would be hard to imagine her moving to Austin to be with someone she met on a game show, lol. I don't see that happening. Even if there was some sort of connection, it would take a very long time to develop and play out. The age difference is a factor as well. What's the hurry for Emily she is only 24, she should take her time and just enjoy some companionship now and worry about getting married in about 10 more years when time has worked it's magic. Maybe she could for now go back to college where people would see her as just another student and she could add a whole new dimension to her life that would take her out of the past.

Shawntel was never a serious contender. Too young, too different from Brad's life. Ashley is just having fun and playing around, I don't think she is ready to settle down, she has a lot to do yet and interrupting it all just now would be a huge mistake. She got to have some amazing vacations and I think she is happy with that.

Maybe Chantal wins by default in the end? JMHO. Hopefully there is some real joy on top of that.

Is it me or has Brad already revealed who he loves? or wants? I thought it was clear that he wanted Emily and that it all depended if he was allowed to see her daughter?

Knowing this show he probably will end up with Chantal but if I were her I would not like to discover all the things he said during the show.

I know it is part of the show bot giving away who you want and I thought yes, finally a guy who does dare to stand up and reveal his favorite before TFRC but then on this episode he was constantly saying, O I can live here (Chantal and Ashley) and he could potentially all see them as his wife?

You guys do have a point about Emily. I did not know Brad did not want to move so yes, I cannot see her moving to Texas. If he brings Emily and Chantal O to the final 2 I don't think people will like him very much if he then choses Chantal after all he told Emily? Or am I wrong?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast