Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

FORT Regular

Re: 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

Cheese fries and gravy are great. But if you dont like brown gravy then you wont like them.

I thought Shawntels family seemed the most "normal". I know their careers weren't the norm but the family was very normal. But they all seemed like nice people. If he wants an easy life with lots of money he should pick Chantel. But she is wayyyyyy tooooooo much maintenance. Look her family home, look at her mother and look at her with all those little Paris Hilton pets. I think we will see how fake she is after this is all over!

Ashley will make the perfect partner. Someone who seems fun loving. Not high maintenance, can dress down for a day of relaxing or can dress up and look great when going out. She is a Dentist so she is educated and a professional. She is the total package!

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan View Post
    Wow, child parents? Chantal's parents are young.
    Her dad is 54. And looks pretty good for a guy who had to give up his first career because he was hit over the head a few too many times. Chantal is 13 years older than her brother, which is interesting.

Was it just my area and cable system, or was the sound choppy everywhere? It was almost unwatchable tonight.

I thought Shawntel's dad did pretty good considering the bomb she dropped on him. Some small businesses are very much family businesses, and they've given her considerable education and training. It may not be so common today, but I would imagine that was not the easiest thing to hear.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Was that Chantal's stepfather?
    Looks like he has enough $$ to have bought both his and Chantal's home - which was really nice, too. I liked the stepfather, but the mom seemed pretty cold. She didn't even look to comfort Chantal when she broke down once again. And, I do worry about a Mom who has less wrinkles than her daughter!! The mom looks like she could have been cast on the Real Housewives. Very attractive; but way too much plastic surgery and inflated lips.
    I really liked Ashley's family - very natural and fun loving and warm.
    Looks like Ashley's still in dental school and not yet a dentist.
    Something about how much drinking Shawntel was doing during her hometown date seemed "off" to me. The whole thing just really looked like a setup. And, the whole conversation bet. Shawntel and her father just seemed very staged. She's definitely going tobe cut tonight.
    As far as Emily's hometown date, I want to know where she got the money for that home?? And, was Ricky the name of her boyfriend - the girl's father - who got killed? Sure looked like Emily got a lot of money after his death.
    I would have liked to have seen Emily's parents; not just the little girl.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 02-22-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The father of Ricky was Ricky Hendricks of Hendricks Motorsports. They own the teams for the drivers of Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. They weren't married and Ricky didn't know Emily was pregnant before he died. I don't know about Emily's family but her daughter's grandparents are majorly loaded. Was that the first time Ricky had seen her mommy? If it was then it was so wrong to throw Brad into the situation. That's so hard for a kid to suddenly get their mommy back and then have to share her??? My daughter has fabulous manners but she wouldn't want to share either!
    "But do you have a flag?" - Eddie Izzard

FORT Regular

Ok, I CAN see why he may pick Chantal O after all. So, here is who I have for most likely to be picked as his F1: 1. Chantal O. (abf), 2. Ashley H. (abf), 3. Emily (ab). Rehash: a-has leaned her head on Brad's shoulder, b-has used body language flirtation, f-has cute freckles...Men are SUCKERS for these things. I CAN see why Shawntel, and then Emily would be eliminated. I CAN see to a lesser degree, but a degree nonetheless, why he may let Ashley H go. I really wish Brad and Chantal O the best...I really do...BUT, I have to say that if he picks Chantal O in the end, I hate to say it, it will be a little bit "by default" and "process of elimination." I think that he may pick Chantal O in the end, "because he has the fewest questions and skepticism about her."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Shawntel's father's "You are needed here" speech was RIDICULOUS. She has HER life, and it isn't about YOUR PLANS.
    ETA: Funeral director family laying guilt-trip on Shawntel for possibly abandoning the business to move to Austin. "You know, your teacher really missed having you here when she lost her son while you were gone."
    Yeah, I think Mr. Newton may regret saying these things. But, he loves his daughter, so I can forgive him. I just hope it didn't cost Shawntel the rose.

If I had lost my son there's no way I don't buy Emily a house.

Chantal's relationship with her step-mother looks fake. They don't like each other much, just tolerate each other.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kitari View Post
    The father of Ricky was Ricky Hendricks of Hendricks Motorsports. They own the teams for the drivers of Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Also, Mark Martin. It's Hendrick, not Hendricks.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    If I had lost my son there's no way I don't buy Emily a house.

Chantal's relationship with her step-mother looks fake. They don't like each other much, just tolerate each other.
    just to be accurate: That IS Chantal's mom - her dad is a step-father AND she was also adopted by him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    Cheese fries and gravy are great. But if you dont like brown gravy then you wont like them.

I thought Shawntels family seemed the most "normal". I know their careers weren't the norm but the family was very normal. But they all seemed like nice people. If he wants an easy life with lots of money he should pick Chantel. But she is wayyyyyy tooooooo much maintenance. Look her family home, look at her mother and look at her with all those little Paris Hilton pets. I think we will see how fake she is after this is all over!

Ashley will make the perfect partner. Someone who seems fun loving. Not high maintenance, can dress down for a day of relaxing or can dress up and look great when going out. She is a Dentist so she is educated and a professional. She is the total package!
    To me, Ashley is way too young for Brad. In the last two epi's she has come off as insecure, emotional, immature. Her education means that she is accomplished - that doesn't define her suitability to any man. Her exuberance for life is commendable, but more suited for a young man who is at a stage in his life where he can grow up with her - and not for a man who is deeply contemplative about his life. I believe he is attracted to the youthfulness but not the woman - not her drama - not her emotional neediness.

I felt Shawntel's family did present themselves as altogether good people (from what little we saw). But, it has to be said that their date lacked the fun of other dates. This was not the time for her to "show" him her world in such depth. Come on! Laying on a table? On top of that,...she didn't seem to show her sensitivity toward Brad's feelings of death - and that only mildly happened when she sat down with him in the meeting room and marginally explained a heart that desires to be helpful to people during such times. Of course it was overwhelming to him! On top of that - consider Brad's bent on family! He would have never, ever felt good about breaking this family apart. They clearly have a family business that they treasure and want to pass down to their daughter. And Brad knows that selecting Shawntel would have turned all the aspirations of this family upside down...and that would bother him. I'm quite sure he didn't feel the kind of love that he needed for her to overcome this huge obstacle...and his desire to stay in Texas.

Emily is a 'safe bet' - at least from what we can tell by her edit. She's fun. She's pretty. She's exudes goodness. This is all good for Brad. But the one thing he will never be in Emily's life is 'first'. He will always be in the shadows of his ex-boyfriend and be reminded of it with Emily's daughter. My guess,...Emily has been too protective, too permissive, too emotionally invested in her daughter. She was a blessing/a miracle at the time of her boyfriend's death. It is understandable that this child would be a treasure and a 'life line' for her to recover from this death/tragedy in her life. But, they both seem to be emotionally injured - even now. They would both have to completely up-root their world and move to an entirely new place - to have the beginning they will need to be each other's "primary". Brad is not the kind of man who can move into their world; and their world doesn't have room for him to move in and assume the role of leader; he is simply not a "need" in Emily and her daughter's life. By the same token, he would need to be willing to start over (as a family) and not ask Emily to be the only person to up-root her life, the security she has in living where she is, without making an equal sacrifice. And...Brad has made it clear...the woman he chooses will be moving into his world.

Finally - there is Chantal. I can only imagine that there have been more dates and time together than what is shown. Ali revealed time that she had with Roberto that was never shown - a significantly more amount of time to explain her emotion with him. I'm sure there is more to her than what we see. Chris mentioned that Brad really, really "hit-it-off" with Chantal's family -her step-father in particular. That's saying a lot over his comfort with being attracted to her. Is she high-maintenence? I don't know. She is working in a car dealership - and clearly, she could be a mini-Paris Hilton tugging on the family name and wallet. So, to me, this says something about her.

Of the women who are left... I can see a 'safety' with Chantal that Brad did not find with the other woman. While he may have been attracted to them in a number of ways - I believe he would see a greater degree of similarity between them - and would have banked on that foundation for his emotion and what he now professes to be the woman he loves.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast